Southeast PA annual fall meetup November 9, 2013

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Date set. First post is updated.
Awesome! I'm in! I'll talk to Kurt (Terry330) and see if he wants to make the trip with me... been meaning to call him for a while.

Also, per what you said in the first post about people crashing there, I'll probably bring a sleeping bag and pass out on your floor.

I'll be there.

First shitty prize up for grabs:

36x24 print of lemon party OR Tubgirl for winning the "Fight Fever" tournament.
I think Tubgirl is the only one of those that's technically 'shitty.'
Please bring Fight Fever. I have never played it, but I am slightly aroused from the possibility of those beautiful prints hanging in my dining room.
You're going to have some competition here for that. I can promise you that much. ;)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Ok, I'm going to attempt to come on one condition.

One of you must later be arrested and convicted of murder.

Those are my prerequisites for Neo meetups.

Anyway, lemon party is banned so that you can't type out the url. It got to be a big deal for a hot minute. Too much lemon party.

Also, what are your rules on food, beer, etc. I would be happy to bring plenty of beer. Obviously I know that drinks around stuff is a no-no, and I hope that responsible adults won't be getting sloppy drunk, but I will abide by whatever rules are set.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I vote some combination of MD3, MPE and/or PB. If we have a Garou tournament, I need a 10-match handicap. Then again, you might as well just have Jon and Joe duke it out until one of them passed out, and the loser gets the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ print.

Edit: why is lemon party (one word) a banned keyword?

The answer for that lies here:

http://tinyurl.com/rdw2v

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
The answer for that lies here:

http://tinyurl.com/rdw2v

Cute. Anybody on Slashdot in the late 90s knows that guy.

I should've been clearer when I asked why it was banned. What I meant was, is it really effective to ban a keyword when someone can still post a link to any site they want, as demonstrated by VT? Whatever. Lemon parties for everyone.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

Anyway, lemon party is banned so that you can't type out the url. It got to be a big deal for a hot minute. Too much lemon party.

Also, what are your rules on food, beer, etc. I would be happy to bring plenty of beer. Obviously I know that drinks around stuff is a no-no, and I hope that responsible adults won't be getting sloppy drunk, but I will abide by whatever rules are set.

We do have a rule on beer...and that rule is that we ONLY drink Smirnoff.

Jon

white castle

1.21 Gigawatts!, It's hard to get up to 88mph on t
15 Year Member

I will have soda and I will order a large stack of pizzas. Snacks, beer and whatever else anyone wants to bring is welcome. I will probably get sloppy drunk.

Tacitus

Staff member
Cute. Anybody on Slashdot in the late 90s knows that guy.

I should've been clearer when I asked why it was banned. What I meant was, is it really effective to ban a keyword when someone can still post a link to any site they want, as demonstrated by VT? Whatever. Lemon parties for everyone.

It prevents out and out abuse of linking/redirection. Lemon party was by far the biggest offense.

You had to see that one coming, man. You can't be mad about that...

Tacitus

Staff member
I will have soda and I will order a large stack of pizzas. Snacks, beer and whatever else anyone wants to bring is welcome. I will probably get sloppy drunk.

Will there be dick clamps?

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Been years since I've gone to a gathering. Going to try and make this.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Been years since I've gone to a gathering. Going to try and make this.

Any chance of Ben (IMTheWalrus) and Tom (Phoenix Down) coming down? Haven't seen either of those guys since...2009?

We just need Norton and it'll be like VT's first gathering.

Jon

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Any chance of Ben (IMTheWalrus) and Tom (Phoenix Down) coming down? Haven't seen either of those guys since...2009?

We just need Norton and it'll be like VT's first gathering.

Jon

I'll hit em up.

white castle

15 Year Member
I will have streaming video from the 6 slot. Link is in the first post. I don't know who is going to watch it though. Anyone reading this will most likely be here.
I will have it on for the next hour if anyone wants to check it out.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I will have streaming video from the 6 slot. Link is in the first post. I don't know who is going to watch it though. Anyone reading this will most likely be here.
I will have it on for the next hour if anyone wants to check it out.

I'd have checked it out...if I wasn't resting up for coming in last night. What did you play?

Jon

white castle

15 Year Member
I'd have checked it out...if I wasn't resting up for coming in last night. What did you play?

Jon

Just Ghostlop and Magical Drop 3. The stream had no audio, but that has been corrected.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Just Ghostlop and Magical Drop 3. The stream had no audio, but that has been corrected.

Just an FYI: I needed to use the UStream android app to view the video properly on my phone. The Android browser, Opera, and Chrome couldn't play it. Didn't test on my Windows PC.

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
I have a few fighter PCBs I can bring if people want to check them out. Rival Schools, Beastorizor (Bloody Roar), and the first Darkstalkers. Nothing exciting, I know, but the offer is there.

white castle

15 Year Member
I have never tried to run a tournament so it will probably be a clusterfuck.
Tournaments and shitty prizes so far are:
Quarth (I am not changing the terrible joysticks): Quarth nes cart
Fight Fever: Hopefully VT is serious those posters
Some Neo puzzle game (probably MD3 or MPE): MC Hammer - Here Comes the Hammer 12" vinyl single
Maybe a sports game and a good fighting game also if enough are interested in tournaments for shitty prizes.

I will post a photo of the Quarth cart eventually. I need to make a change to the label first.

I have a few fighter PCBs I can bring if people want to check them out. Rival Schools, Beastorizor (Bloody Roar), and the first Darkstalkers. Nothing exciting, I know, but the offer is there.

You can bring them if you want. They might get some play.