• Super Space Fortress Macross

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Viper Phase 1, HK rev preferred;any allowed

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Day 1 scores...fayk, mGTO, Mikhail, & BT. TeddyKGB will get his added to the list, when we reconvene Tuesday night. Perhaps a Lemony Vengence score as well!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370180164.737365.jpg

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
¡Jajaja!

View attachment 4504
There's the M finger...AUTHENTICATED.

Ha, was hoping you'd post the blurry pic.

Had to bail after our photo opp, and calm some kid drama down on the home front. We probably should've hooked up Macross before we let the first 5 hrs lip by. ;) See ya Tues.

Fayk

Cheng's Errand Boy
On topic (kinda) - I don't know if I should be using a different emu/version, but man - the sound emulation for this in MAME is SHIT compared to the real thing.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
On topic (kinda) - I don't know if I should be using a different emu/version, but man - the sound emulation for this in MAME is SHIT compared to the real thing.

Bummer, that music was popping at the warehouse. I was going to set up Mame on my macbook pro to play this game more, now I have crappy sound to look forward too.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
yeah I tried it on my rahmzzbox, and just the sound of the normal shot was like nails on a chalkboard for me:oh_no:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Bummer, that music was popping at the warehouse. I was going to set up Mame on my macbook pro to play this game more, now I have crappy sound to look forward too.

Hey Dave, you running MAME in a virtual PC environment or something native? I'd rather not re-install Fusion on my mac but if I have to for Macross, so be it.

masamuneGTO

Hey Dave, you running MAME in a virtual PC environment or something native? I'd rather not re-install Fusion on my mac but if I have to for Macross, so be it.

I was going to attempt to compile something native, but I won't get around it until the weekend. I have a bootcamp partition, but it takes 12 minutes now to boot into xp, so it is unuseable.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Aight. Guess my only real shot is tonight at BT's. Didn't get a chance on Saturday.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
here we go. played it a bit last night. sound effects are not emulated 100% on mame, but not to where it keeps me from playing it.

codecrank - 859100 - 4

8949125410_82d485ddef_z.jpg

yo Keith Courage, where is the scoreboard , mate ?

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
yeah I tried it on my rahmzzbox, and just the sound of the normal shot was like nails on a chalkboard for me:oh_no:

I can run this with no sound issues at all, i just don't find it a very engaging or interesting game, if you wanna play a good macross game then check out choujikuu yousai macross on the snes a much better game by far, Space force macross is like a sprite swap of a million other generic vertical shooter there are many many better options

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
i just don't find it a very engaging or interesting game, if you wanna play a good macross game then check out choujikuu yousai macross on the snes a much better game by far, Space force macross is like a sprite swap of a million other generic vertical shooter there are many many better options

poll is closed. Put in some scores , strategy, interesting facts, or piss off.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
No need to be offensive, Interesting fact: This is a boring game, Strategy: don't play it, Score: It goes against the previous but i just might do that

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I'm starting to think this is a joke month in attempts to get people to play Macross instead of SDOJ... plus where is the scoreboard?

BTW, SDOJ is humbling me.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I was wondering about the scoreboard myself. I'll probably start posting scores this weekend even though I only have a few games played so far.

I have a lot of distractions from SDOJ right now. DeltaZeal, Caladrius, Alltynex trilogy English version, etc, plus a couple monthly events. With all the shmups I picked up in the last few months, I'm already good for the rest of the year.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Best so far:
Macross_060813_zpseeb0d92c.jpg

Jeneki - 1,196,700 - Stage 4

Stage 4 needs the What What Up The Butt song, lol.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Can't have a Ladder Match without a Ladder. :eek_2:

Get the Board up.

I'm in deeeeep dook, Plz see 'I received today' thread.

Any chance I can call in an assist, to get the table started?

I'll cut/paste/update into the 1st post-ASAP.

Love y'all. Hope you don't see me on the news tonight!

masamuneGTO

Does someone have recommendation for the best MAME source for compiling on OSX?