Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
are those special casings for mvs carts?

Not really. Just something I found at a local store. Would have preferred to get shockboxes but with the exchange rate and shipping to japan it was not really realistic. these are a much cheaper alternative and do the trick.
CF95D293-8BA1-4D60-98DA-590850895E9D.jpeg

Just needed to pad them a little with bubble wrap as they are a bit too long.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Whatever happened to storing MVS carts loose? They're arcade hardware, they're meant to get scratched and dusty!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Replacement surround for my neo 25, will be a project when the weather is warmer:
jIxWFs4l.jpg

VbnIlNyl.jpg

Also got my chassis back from repair:
WINHB22l.jpg

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Neo 25 refresh! Nice! Looking forward to the finished result, and good luck with the chassis install. I always get nervous when mucking around with my CRT chassis'.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Whatever happened to storing MVS carts loose? They're arcade hardware, they're meant to get scratched and dusty!

They fit perfectly in a DVD tower. I just stack 'em all in one of those, except for my one full kit.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Neo 25 refresh! Nice! Looking forward to the finished result, and good luck with the chassis install. I always get nervous when mucking around with my CRT chassis'.

Thanks, the chassis is the one from the cocktail that I've been working on. I've gotta figure out how the syncs are going to work. I do need to get my neo chassis sent out but I cannot figure out how to get it out yet.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Thanks, the chassis is the one from the cocktail that I've been working on. I've gotta figure out how the syncs are going to work. I do need to get my neo chassis sent out but I cannot figure out how to get it out yet.

Looks great. They do amazing work. What's the deal with getting the neo chassis out?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Looks great. They do amazing work. What's the deal with getting the neo chassis out?

I'm just not sure how to get it out- I am thinking I might just need to pull the monitor. The chassis is in need of a recap, takes way too long for the monitor to come up.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I'm just not sure how to get it out- I am thinking I might just need to pull the monitor. The chassis is in need of a recap, takes way too long for the monitor to come up.

Yeah you will definitely need to pull the monitor. I have never met a candy cab that you can remove the chassis without pulling the monitor. Those cabinets optimize internal space!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah you will definitely need to pull the monitor. I have never met a candy cab that you can remove the chassis without pulling the monitor. Those cabinets optimize internal space!

I can pull the chassis out of my Egret 2/3 and my astros through the backdoor.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I can pull the chassis out of my Egret 2/3 and my astros through the backdoor.

Yeah I've had no issues getting the Blast City chassis out the back door either.

If it's your first time taking it out though, it's not that hard to pull the monitor either. Asking a friend for help never hurts but it's manageable by yourself if needed.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Thanks for the hookup Razo! First time I've played Spriggan. I'm bummed I didn't play this game back in the day-it's a top-notch PCE game.

IMG_6032.JPG

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Audio:
Up7gEnn.jpg

Book:
lv0sBw2.jpg

L'Histoire de NINTENDO vol.1 (Edition 2017)
L'Histoire de NINTENDO vol.2 (Edition 2018)
La Bible PC-Engine Hu-Card (Edition 2017)
La Bible PC-Engine CD-ROM (Edition 2017)

Snug Fit for CD:
dxQRhsf.jpg

tNSTqQO.jpg

and other Snug Fit for:
NEO-GEO AES console, NEO-GEO X console, Atari Jaguar console, Atari Lynx console, NES & SNES Mini classic console

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I picked up the Hakko fx-888d, and have watched a few youtube videos on using a soldering iron. Going to try to repair an old Marantz receiver.

Have you used it yet?

I haven't used it yet...not a couple projects on the back burner. There are several here who have one and love it. It has to be better than my 2 radio shack single watt irons...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Aero City has enough room as well, however I'd never discharge a monitor while it was in the machine. Just seems dangerous to me.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Man, the box art for Spriggan is so nice.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Aero City has enough room as well, however I'd never discharge a monitor while it was in the machine. Just seems dangerous to me.

I have to agree. There is absolutely no reason not to be as safe as possible when discharging. It CAN and WILL kill you if you make the smallest mistake.
BTW, are you MetalJesusRocks?
If so I hate your videos. ;)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have to agree. There is absolutely no reason not to be as safe as possible when discharging. It CAN and WILL kill you if you make the smallest mistake.
BTW, are you MetalJesusRocks?
If so I hate your videos. ;)

He is but is trying to stay anonymous on here. Please delete your post before others see it, then I will delete this reply.