BEWARE of Straitfromjapan on ebay

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
BEWARE of Straitfromjapan on ebay (updated)

they have good feedback. BUT they owe me $170... with no intention of returning the funds.

Its been over 6 months and no funds.

I bought some product from them awhile back..... it was a pain in the butt trying to get the product from them.

They did not come through on a couple products and they owe me $170. They were trying to give me "other products" for the cash... so I was doing what I could to find something for the cash and they still couldn't do anything for me (that was in september.) Every product request I had they couldn't fill. Now at December, still nothing and their email addresses aren't working (at least their private one). SO... I Am blowing out emails ..etc... to their other email and to them through Ebay.

while they may do decent on Ebay.... they are theives as far as I am concerned.

I know 1 or 2 other members here who were hassled by them as well.

If you have been hassled.... had money stolen..etc... , please post up in this thread.

Anyway... don't buy from them.
Their EBAY ID is: straitfromjapan

†B†V†

Last edited:

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
That's a shame. I bought a copy of Donpachi off them awhile ago and it arrived ok... I'll avoid them in the future though, it seems like this isn't just an isolated incident.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Bluevoodu said:
Anyway... don't buy from them.
Their EBAY ID is: straightfromjapan

†B†V†
You might want to fix the eBay ID. I don't know what the big deal they make outta their ID, but it's supposed to be straitfromjapan....I don't think Japan has a strait.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
bokmeow said:
You might want to fix the eBay ID. I don't know what the big deal they make outta their ID, but it's supposed to be straitfromjapan....I don't think Japan has a strait.
my fault... :oh_no: thank you for catching my error :annoyed:

Its been corrected.

†B†V†

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Good feedback overall but these are comments just from the last two months:

Needs clearer condition ranks but was easy to communicate with. Good seller!
i paid for a mint system, i have a grade B, last time i trade with him...beware
Quick&Serious Seller.item is not the one in photo(some scratches on box)but good
Dishonest about the condition of items. BUYERS AWARE...
Used game had some ware and smelled of cigarette but no scratch. A+
Packaging wasn't the best, and some slight damage, but overall okay tranaction.

They obviously have a dodgy grading system, aren't willing to improve and don't give a crap about good service after they've got your money.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
yeah... and they are not too quick about giving a refund either.

Still no responses to my emails. $170 still owed :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting up Superpang!

†B†V†

pretas

Marked Wolf
i bought a metal slug 2 form them about 18 months ago and it was FAR from the "Mint" promised, I did get my money back. I later bought a Rel Bout Special and again the "Mint" game was not so; the snap was missing from the case! A second refund later, I was through with them. Both refund took about 2 weeks each.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Got a Jap slug 2 ages ago from them for £240 all in, good condition & I later sold it for £345 on ebay U.K, very fast shipping & very helpfull all the way.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
realgameplay said:
Got a Jap slug 2 ages ago from them for £240 all in, good condition & I later sold it for £345 on ebay U.K, very fast shipping & very helpfull all the way.
They have stolen $170 from me... so maybe they changed.

They have a rash of complaints with other people.

I have worked with them for over 6 months now (10 months if you count the start of the transactions).

Until I get my money back, they are theives.

†B†V†

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Bluevoodu said:
They have stolen $170 from me... so maybe they changed.

They have a rash of complaints with other people.

I have worked with them for over 6 months now (10 months if you count the start of the transactions).

Until I get my money back, they are theives.

†B†V†

I think it was around xmas time 2 years a ago, that I got my slug 2.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
realgameplay said:
I think it was around xmas time 2 years a ago, that I got my slug 2.
good thing you got your stuff.

I know they do come through on transactions as they have good feedback.... but in my book.... they are now thieves

†B†V†

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I had one deal with these guys about 12 months ago and it went screwy :(

Fortunately for me I got a happy result, although I wasn't happy about going through the un-necessary motions of having being put out in the first place. Basically they sold me something that was supposed to be 'new' and clearly wasn't when it arrived (a la SuperPang). Although everything was finally concluded amicably I would not use them again nor recommend them to anyone.

I hope you get your goods or your cash back Dave :)

vagabond

NEST Puppet
Sorry to hear about that. I have had two deals with them in the past. The first one was for a PI2 for PSX and it took over a month to get to me, but they refunded my money then too, so I got the game for free. The second was about 2 months ago for Cyberbots LE and I got it in 4 days. I was wary about using them a second time, but since they came through with the refund, I thought I'd give them another try and it turned out great. I dunno - it doesn't excuse them from scamming others, but they've been alright by me so far.

Dancing Mad

Another Striker
I'm still waiting for my copy of Bahamut Lagoon for Super Famicom that I sent a money order for back in DECEMBER 27, 2004!

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
yes... that sucks as well. :oh_no:

bump again for the theivesofjapan!

†B†V†

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yeah
I got my jp rbs cart from sunfadefromjapan
I let it go cause it was only 60, but I still would like to have known it was faded.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Thanks for sharing this info. I hope you get this sorted out btw.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
xtoo_short20x said:
Thanks for sharing this info. I hope you get this sorted out btw.
I don't know if I will. They ignore all emails..etc

I keep sending them emails through Ebay.

Hey... you all will be screwed at somepoint as well.

Their items are not accurately described all the time either.

bumping this up for the crooksfromjapan

Just to mention again.. they stole $170 from me. I don't call people out very often.... as I normally see workable solutions. But they overextended their time on this one.... and quit writing me back.

Our last communication was in September.

†B†V†

Last edited:

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Bluevoodu said:
I don't know if I will. They ignore all emails..etc

I keep sending them emails through Ebay.

Hey... you all will be screwed at somepoint as well.

Their items are not accurately described all the time either.

bumping this up for the crooksfromjapan

Just to mention again.. they stole $170 from me. I don't call people out very often.... as I normally see workable solutions. But they overextended their time on this one.... and quit writing me back.

Our last communication was in September.

†B†V†

You should email them and tell them you will warn every bidder on their auctions until they refund your money. Unless they run private auctions (doubtful, its very suspicious), you can pretty much ruin their Ebay rep until they straighten it out . . . get it? :kekeke:

Q

qube

Thanks for the heads up Dave. They have some stuff that looks great from time to time. At least I know now that when I have some cash, not to spend it with them.

Funny that their ads say "The anti buy-rite" at the bottom huh ;)

Marq