BEWARE of Straitfromjapan on ebay

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bluevoodu said:
Hey Jro,

In the case of Paypal you only have 30 days.... it was getting close to the end of 30 days... after that no claim can be filed.

you are 100% right, patience is a good virtue..... in fact, the buyer should always work and communicate with the seller... and the seller should not lose contact with the buyer. but when you get close to the end of the period in which you can get your money back... this is what happens. And if lack of communication is taking place.... that is another reason to worry.

BV

Dave, I know and I agree with your point here, that's exactly what I meant. I don't blame FA one bit for deciding that he wanted to start the process before it was too late. If he hadn't, he would have lost his most formal and what would seem to be the most reliable course of action.

He's not at fault at all for filing the PP claim, IMO. Anyone is his position would have done the same thing. Unfortunately, PP takes their sweet time to resolve things, so there's not much he or SFJ or anyone can do now other than wait.

That's all.

edit: I just read SFJ's last update... glad to see things got worked out.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
jro said:
Dave, I know and I agree with your point here, that's exactly what I meant. I don't blame FA one bit for deciding that he wanted to start the process before it was too late. If he hadn't, he would have lost his most formal and what would seem to be the most reliable course of action.

He's not at fault at all for filing the PP claim, IMO. Anyone is his position would have done the same thing. Unfortunately, PP takes their sweet time to resolve things, so there's not much he or SFJ or anyone can do now other than wait.

That's all.

edit: I just read SFJ's last update... glad to see things got worked out.

But the problem still is it shouldn't be the problem of the Buyer to wait as well for a resolution to the issue. If the buyer wants his money back, he should get it. Not be told he has to wait because the seller has to wait. Sorry but I can't think of very many people that would be willing to wait on teh seller and the issue he has.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
guys / gals, Its time to let this die.

... nothing more can be said / done.

It seems everything has been worked out (or is in the process).

†B†V†

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
Bluevoodu said:
guys / gals, Its time to let this die.

... nothing more can be said / done.

It seems everything has been worked out (or is in the process).

†B†V†

Alright, I'll back down. I'm glad those that were out received their money or are going to.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Well I don't care if this is digging up old news or upsetting Tranny Tina or Jason or whoever's supposed to be in charge. Freebies may be enough to blind some people but I have to say a few people here really saw this coming:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=straitfromjapan

When a so called company has such a shitty attitude to customer service from the off, it's only a matter of time before they say "fuck it" and cross that fine line to just plain ripping people off. You're nothing more than common criminals SFJ and I'm sure there are a few people here who'll chip in with police reports, even if you have attempted to delete the evidence. :angry:

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn! I think I bought something off of straitfromjapan in the past and they were good sellers. Sad to see them turn to shit.

I've been noticing a trend here though, I had a similar problem with eBay member "mercypal". He had 100% feedback so I thought it was safe to buy off of him. I bought 3 Turbo Duo Arcade CD-ROM's last year with no problem.

Then I bought a Neo old style stick from him a few months back, and I received a broken stick! He was a total jerk and didn't even want to give me a partial refund to have the stick fixed. I could have fixed it myself (which I did), but I wanted a little money back for my trouble.

We both gave each other negatives and he e-mailed me saying sorry, and if I wanted we could both retract our feedbacks. I said "hell no asshole, you deserve this". Ever since then, he seems to have gone downhill, he got 2 more negatives like a week after mine.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Yeah,

I was one of the cases they were supposed to clear up(>$400). I agreed to take my case off of ebay as long as they kept in contact. I have received nothing yet. I also haven't heard from them in over a month.

They kept saying they were going to send me some games to make up for my loss. If they really wanted to clear things up they would have put in a request for my items and just sent them straight to me. Instead they said they were waiting for a shipment to come in from japan.

I'm typing this message here because they have not fulfilled any part of our agreement. They have not sent me anything in 3 months and I have not heard from them in over a month.

V

VictorC

I've been watching this thread for several months. I've felt bad for the people who have been led along and ripped off. I hope this posting will clear things up that have been lingering sinc 12/2004 when this all started. First off, my name is Victor. I was until recently partners with my brother Dan in a import game store in California called Network Video. I recently sold my 1/2 of the store to my brother and I am no longer connected to the company. Yes... this is the same Network Video that Bob said on this same thread he worked for and left on good terms. Let me answer some questions....

WHO ARE BOB AND TINA ?
Bob and Tina are Husband and Wife. All the baloney about Tina on this thread is just that...BS. Tina's ONLY connection to SFJ is that the Paypal account they use for receiving payments is in her name. This is probably(my guess) because Bob has so many chargebacks on his Paypal account and cannot use it any longer.

WHAT ABOUT EMAILS I RECEIVED FROM TINA ?
Again, Tina's only connection is the account. All email correspondence is with Bob. Email from Tina are all from Bob.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF RECOVERING MONEY ?
Slim to none. If you look at the last few feedback for SFJ they have ripped several people off of about $1900.00 each. Each of those high dollar auctions would ONLY ACCEPT MONEY ORDERS. How convenient.

WHAT IS BOB'S CONNECTION TO NETWORK VIDEO IN CALIFORNIA?
Bob claims to have worked for us. We met Bob on Ebay and struck up a friendship. This was several years ago. He was pretty Ebay savy. We had a lot of extra stock we wanted to unload so we flew him out here to list on ebay. Three times we flew him out here. To make a long story short he ripped us off as well stealing money from us to the tune of around $800.00. We did recover it. Hard lesson learned. He did not leave on good terms as he has said in this thread.

SFJ SAYS UPS LOST MY SHIPMENT I'M WAITING FOR INSURANCE CLAIM, WILL I GET MY MONEY BACK?

No you will not get your money back. Bob was pulling Insurance scams as well(my guess). Look at SFJ feedback and you will see a unusually high number of people with lost shipments. ALSO.... in MAY and JUNE 2005 we (Network Video) received bills from UPS for shipments originating in Chicago. Which is Bob's home town. Using us as the billing Party. For shipments we have no knowledge of. This totaled around $200.00 . After much headache we were able to get rid of these bills. But I'm sure this all ties in to Insurance scam/fraud.

WHO IS JASON AND HOW DOES HE TIE IN ?
Jason does live in Japan. I'm not sure if the emails from Jason are actually from him. He is the guy who sends the stuff to Bob in Chicago and he then lists the items on Ebay.

IS JASON INVOLVED IN THIS RIP OFF STUFF ?
NO. I am a pretty good judge of character. Jason is not a thief or scam/ripoff artist. If anything Bob ripped him off as well.

If you have any questions I will keep an eye on this post. Thanks

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
VictorC said:
I've been watching this thread for several months. I've felt bad for the people who have been led along and ripped off. I hope this posting will clear things up that have been lingering sinc 12/2004 when this all started. First off, my name is Victor. I was until recently partners with my brother Dan in a import game store in California called Network Video. I recently sold my 1/2 of the store to my brother and I am no longer connected to the company. Yes... this is the same Network Video that Bob said on this same thread he worked for and left on good terms. Let me answer some questions....

WHO ARE BOB AND TINA ?
Bob and Tina are Husband and Wife. All the baloney about Tina on this thread is just that...BS. Tina's ONLY connection to SFJ is that the Paypal account they use for receiving payments is in her name. This is probably(my guess) because Bob has so many chargebacks on his Paypal account and cannot use it any longer.

WHAT ABOUT EMAILS I RECEIVED FROM TINA ?
Again, Tina's only connection is the account. All email correspondence is with Bob. Email from Tina are all from Bob.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF RECOVERING MONEY ?
Slim to none. If you look at the last few feedback for SFJ they have ripped several people off of about $1900.00 each. Each of those high dollar auctions would ONLY ACCEPT MONEY ORDERS. How convenient.

WHAT IS BOB'S CONNECTION TO NETWORK VIDEO IN CALIFORNIA?
Bob claims to have worked for us. We met Bob on Ebay and struck up a friendship. This was several years ago. He was pretty Ebay savy. We had a lot of extra stock we wanted to unload so we flew him out here to list on ebay. Three times we flew him out here. To make a long story short he ripped us off as well stealing money from us to the tune of around $800.00. We did recover it. Hard lesson learned. He did not leave on good terms as he has said in this thread.

SFJ SAYS UPS LOST MY SHIPMENT I'M WAITING FOR INSURANCE CLAIM, WILL I GET MY MONEY BACK?

No you will not get your money back. Bob was pulling Insurance scams as well(my guess). Look at SFJ feedback and you will see a unusually high number of people with lost shipments. ALSO.... in MAY and JUNE 2005 we (Network Video) received bills from UPS for shipments originating in Chicago. Which is Bob's home town. Using us as the billing Party. For shipments we have no knowledge of. This totaled around $200.00 . After much headache we were able to get rid of these bills. But I'm sure this all ties in to Insurance scam/fraud.

WHO IS JASON AND HOW DOES HE TIE IN ?
Jason does live in Japan. I'm not sure if the emails from Jason are actually from him. He is the guy who sends the stuff to Bob in Chicago and he then lists the items on Ebay.

IS JASON INVOLVED IN THIS RIP OFF STUFF ?
NO. I am a pretty good judge of character. Jason is not a thief or scam/ripoff artist. If anything Bob ripped him off as well.

If you have any questions I will keep an eye on this post. Thanks

Besides being MONTHS late with your bullshit info, I find it very weird you know so much about them.

Right Bob?

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
*sniff* I see my old account up there...

E

EyeSpy

Wolf in Sheeps Clothing

Yo this is a public service anouncement...

Straitfromjapan alert... REPEAT... Straitfromjapan alert.

Looks like Jason, Tina, Rob (Bob) have come back for seconds.

This time round they are working under Ebay user id: japan-retro

BUYERS BEWARE proceed with caution.

Flag #1
their 1st feedback is from none other than jasonverkaart1

Flag #2
"Rob rectified a problem, and even gave me more! Extremely generous! BUY FROM HIM"
japan-retro feedback received from bidderjae on 3/24/06

Flag# 3
japan-retro Feedback left for others great eBayer, thanks very much!!

straitfromjapan Feedback left for others great eBayer, thanks very much!!

Flag #4
japan-retro auction pictures are being hosted by japan-retro.com whois registered owner is none other than Jason Verkaart

Coincidence? I think not.

Please correct me if I am wrong. As usual I'll stay tuned.

This concludes EyeSpy's broadcasting of this important public service anouncement

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
I am curious... who is eyespy?

did everyone else get settled up then?

†B†V†

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Jack Burton said:
A big NOPE over here. Scammers........

Shit man, they got you too? I still can't believe I almost got taken in there for a minute when I bought stuff from them while they were having that stupid "Free Express Shipping" sale to try and cover up all the people with whom they were having bad deals. Granted I still got a top loader and some games out of it relatively cheap, but I consider myself very lucky that I got them after reading all the accounts of people who didn't get stuff/got damaged goods. I am not at all a fan of shady practices like these.