offical wwe thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Netflix has a couple of documentaries on Lucha Libre...they're worth the watch, nothing spectacular but it's always cool to watch the Mexican circuits, stops, venues, that's what made it worth the watch for me. A lot of Bull fighting arenas are used for Lucha, I find that very cool.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Ivan Koloff passes away at 74

Per PWInsider, we’ve lost another pro wrestling great, as former WWWF champion Ivan Koloff has died at age 74. He’d been diagnosed with liver cancer.

Known as “The Russian Bear”, Koloff was a major heel character for Vince McMahon, Sr. in the 1970s. His most famous victory, and arguably one of the biggest moments in the history of the form, came on Jan. 18, 1971 when he defeated Bruno Sammartino in Madison Square Garden to capture the WWWF title. The win ended the Italian hero’s seven-and-a-half year run with the belt.

In the late 70s and 80s, Koloff (real name Oreal Perras; he was a French-Canadian from Montreal, making his convincing work as a Moscow-based communist villain all the more impressive) moved to the National Wrestling Alliance. As the leader of a stable called “The Russians”, Ivan would capture the NWA tag titles four times while working with some of Jim Crockett’s biggest stars, including the Road Warriors and the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express.

Despite his accomplishments, The Russian Bear isn’t in the WWE Hall of Fame. He was represented by Konstantine Kyros, the lawyer behind several of the concussion-related lawsuits filed against Vince K. McMahon’s company, and was named in a 2015 countersuit filed by the company against several high-profile Kyros clients.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I agree, a lot of this week was bad. Especially the Bennett/Kanellis/Allie/Sutter/Laurel crap. They should have finished that feud months ago

I wish we could have seen more from the Hardys vs Psicosis and Super Crazy but they fucked up and let a Lucha Underground ref work the match, so they had to blur it and only show highlights.

But the guy who booked all that shit is almost completely out of power now.

On the upside, the actual Hardy story segments are still good and Eddie vs Davey was a good TV match.

And Josh Barnett showing up was hype

I hope at least the Davey/Eddie feud goes into the upcoming new era, maybe Josh can get something out of Bland Lashley

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't think Lashley is bland, it's just that they really have only been putting him in the ring with two people for like two years solid (EC3 and Edwards). But his quality of work is still high and his mic work has improved tenfold since his WWE days.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Bobby is bland, the best thing that ever happened to Bobby was when MVP was his mouthpiece

I forget he's even there until he pops up

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My least favorite feud, MVP vs Matt Hardy.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I think the problem with Lashley is he just looks too much like that old WWF strongman type of wrestler.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Netflix has a couple of documentaries on Lucha Libre...they're worth the watch, nothing spectacular but it's always cool to watch the Mexican circuits, stops, venues, that's what made it worth the watch for me. A lot of Bull fighting arenas are used for Lucha, I find that very cool.

Do any of them get into the Puerto Rico territory?

famicommander

15 Year Member
The vibe for Impact just shifted 180 degrees.

Right before the first tapings under the new regime, we get word that Drew Galloway is finished with Impact and the Hardys are not expected to re-sign either.

Galloway and the Hardys are both expected to go to WWE, but the Hardys aren't 100% yet. They've both worked for ROH before, and they're going to honor their Supercard of Honor appearance vs the Young Bucks in April. If it's a bidding war Vince will win, but if they value creative control and a lighter schedule while still making good money, ROH could sneak in there.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I heard Hardy's are in talks with the 'E but not Galloway who is better off in the indys

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I heard Hardy's are in talks with the 'E but not Galloway who is better off in the indys

And supposedly the Hardys biggest problem with TNA's offer was that TNA wanted exclusivity in the deal, but Hardys work a lot of indies and make good money at it. I guess WWE would pay enough to make up for not working indies, probably. It also sounds like TNA didn't show them much respect, sent the proposals late and all.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The delay was due to the ownership shift.

The disrespect was when they changed the terms. I don't know who is responsible for this at Anthem/TNA/Dixie/Aroluxe, but the Hardys agreed in principal to a one year deal in December.

But when TNA finally sent the contracts, they were for two year deals. They tried to sucker them into an extra year.

And the part about them owing TNA 10% for taking indie bookings was also thrown in there without telling them.

That's some fuckery right there.

Now there may be a fight over who owns the Broken Hardy gimmick.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Now there may be a fight over who owns the Broken Hardy gimmick.

Both Matt and Jeff as well as Reby have all claimed that Matt does, right? Seems like Broken Matt would be perfect for a program with Bray Wyatt. Though I could see Hunter and Vince arguing that they'd have more value to WWE if they went back to the characters that WWE fans know them as. Could be interesting to see.

Different subject- here's what seems like the likely Wrestlemania card so far:

Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton for the WWE World Championship
AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens for the U.S. Championship
Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman
John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. Miz and Maryse
Charlotte (c) (with Nia Jax) vs. Bayley (with Sasha Banks) for the Raw Women's Championship

Those are pretty much all confirmed or at least seem very likely. Then add in:

Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn and/or Finn Balor
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch and Mickie James for the SD Women's Championship
American Alpha (c) vs. Usos for the SD Tag Titles
Gallows and Anderson (c) vs. Enzo and Cass and Sheamus and Cesaro for the Raw Tag Titles
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin (and probably more) for the IC Title

And the Rollins vs. Hunter match if Seth can get cleared by a doctor, and that's somewhere around at least 10 matches for the main card if three end up on the pre-show. Lot of matches, lot of people to try to get on the card.

What do you all think of how WM is shaping up?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It isn't like the Hardy's couldn't work the broken gimmick under a slightly different name.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton: you couldn't pay me to watch. Both are horrible.
AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon: you couldn't pay me to watch. Wasting your best wrestler on a fucking 45 year olde executive?
Shaq vs the Big Show: you couldn't pay me to watch
Goldberg vs Lesnar: could couldn't pay me to watch. we already saw this and it blew. twice.
John Cena and wife vs Miz and wife: you couldn't pay me to watch. everyone in this match is horrible. Maryse is hot tho
Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman: you couldn't pay me to watch. both are horrible.
American Alpha vs Usos: you couldn't pay me to watch. horrible.
Gallows and Anderson vs Sheamus and Cesaro vs Enzo and Cass: you couldn't pay me to watch. Just let Cesaro and Anderson have a singles match and throw the rest away
Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin: you couldn't pay me to watch Ambrose is good but Corbin is dogshit

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens: both good wrestlers but a total waste

SD women's match: could be good

Samoa Joe vs Sami Zayn and/or Finn Balor: fuck yes
Charlotte vs Bayley: fuck yes

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
This will be the best WrestleMania card in its history!!!

You know one of the announcers will say that...they do every year! :tickled:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's obviously not the best Wrestlemania ever if Cena isn't the main event.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If WWE is smart, they will fire Kevin Dunn and by this time next year, the two biggest babyfaces will be Kevin Steen and Bray Wyatt.

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton: you couldn't pay me to watch. Both are horrible.
John Cena and wife vs Miz and wife: you couldn't pay me to watch. everyone in this match is horrible. Maryse is hot tho
Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin: you couldn't pay me to watch Ambrose is good but Corbin is dogshit

So wait.....

Ambrose is good but Cena, Miz and Orton are horrible?