Picky Eaters: What's their Deal???

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
You're speaking as if you know what that's like.

They don't even make Squeeze-its anymore. If they did, that's all I'd ever drink.

Such kind words from the one that thinks a square meal consists of a 20 piece McNugget and a Squeezit.

But back to the question earlier; Why do I care what people eat?

For the most part I don't, except when it effects me.

For example, it effects me when.

A. You're with friends, and you want something at least semi healthy. You want to get something decent, like Pho, Sushi, or a salad. Then that one friend only eats deep-fried bar food, and fast food. So it's an hour decision making process trying to figure out what they hell they will actually eat.

B. You want to order pizza, and someone is so picky they can only manage to eat plain cheese, and nothing else, or they will DIE. Maybe they are vegetarian, that's cool, but if you are vegetarian, and can't even eat a damn tomato, or green peppers, or something, are you really vegetarian, or are you a breadetarian?

C. Potluck at work. Everyone always brings cupcakes, cake, cookies, potato chips, soda, and other garbage full of salt and/or sugar. No actual food. So you bring something in that is somewhat redeeming, and no one touches it because all they eat is sugar. So basically all there is to eat is junk, except for what you brought. In a way that's good, you can take it home, but when people bitch because you brought hummus with vegetables, or homemade Guac, that's annoying. Usually they never even tried these foods, and ask you over and over, how you can even eat it. They just think they're gross because they are green, or not laden with salt and sugar.

I like most of the stuff mentioned, but I try not to eat it on a regular basis.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Picky eaters would be less irritating if it went some way to guaranteeing they were slim, but it doesn't seem to.

40 pounds overweight from nothing but plain pasta, astonishing.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
but if you are vegetarian, and can't even eat a damn tomato, or green peppers, or something, are you really vegetarian, or are you a breadetarian?
just dropping in to say this is really funny!!!!!! haha!!!!!!!!! f

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Veggie pizza is legit, what's wrong with these people?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Affect, greedo, affect. It has an effect, but what it does to you is affect.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Spent some time with my sister's in laws last night. Apparently they won't eat anything pickled. I thought it was bizarre, like it grosses them out completely.

We handed my sister's brother in law's wife a sandwich and she saw a pickle and gave it back. The husband and wife bonded over their hatred of pickles in their early stages of dating.

That's just one of the things. I guess it extends to shrimp (no reason) and other stuff. Their picky ways bled to their kids until recently when their daughter tried and loved shrimp. She's not allowed to bring it into the house.

Last edited: