Picky Eaters: What's their Deal???

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is probably his best post.

You have bad taste

You realize ASID is trolling in 99% of his posts? You think that fat fuck has kids?

Your math is way off. I'm sarcastic/"trolling" 25% of the time at most. Also, I'm skinny.

I will just combat his trolling with more trolling, fight fire with fire.

Hahaha, whatever you say.

ASID was actually talking about my kids - he and I just really really really good friends so he just helps us out a lot because he is that kind of guy.

I appreciate everything you do for us, ASID...don't ever forget that.

You're welcome. Not only do I strongly believe in helping my sisters and brothers, but helping the next generation
as much as I can. The LITTLE sacrifice I have made for you and your family is a testament to my faith in humanity.

My greatest sadness is that I won't live long enough to see the day this becomes possible.

That makes two of us. I hope we'll meet one day in another life, my brother

Last edited:

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I’ve heard of this. Don’t the tins often explode? Etiquette is to inform your neighbors if you’re going to eat it and the smell travels far? Sounds pretty rank.

Nah, they don't explode. Evil rumours. Tin cans are stronger than that.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I was a pretty picky eater as a child and am still somewhat so as an adult, although I do eat a lot of things now that I wouldn't touch as a child (i.e., I refused to eat spaghetti sauce when I was a kid, but love it on pasta now). I'd speculate it was because my Mother allowed me to be that way instead of forcing me to eat the things I didn't want to.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I was a pretty picky eater as a child and am still somewhat so as an adult, although I do eat a lot of things now that I wouldn't touch as a child (i.e., I refused to eat spaghetti sauce when I was a kid, but love it on pasta now). I'd speculate it was because my Mother allowed me to be that way instead of forcing me to eat the things I didn't want to.
What you lose in a varied cuisine, you make up for in self awareness.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
My mother always liked to say I was a picky eater as a kid but 90% of the stuff I hated as a kid, I still hate. The problem was that my mother is very "white bread" when it comes to food so I eat a way more varied number of things now that she would have never made or ordered when I was growing up. A few years back I met my Mom for lunch at an Asian fusion place near me and the only thing on the huge menu she would touch was the salmon. Meanwhile I tucked into my eel bowl with Chinese broccoli on the side.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I try to be adventurous like that Andrew Zimmern fella on the Travel Network but probably not to his extreme.

So it's weird that I have a friend who's on the total opposite of the spectrum.

I can list all the things he'll eat right here:

Fries (ton of salt)
plain hamburger (ton of salt, yes, he puts extra salt on)
eggos or pancakes or waffles (no syrup, ton of butter)
chicken tenders
plain potato chips
steak
cheese bread (like from pizza places)

That's it. So this smart guy (he really is smart) decides to join PeaceCorps and ends up in Kyrgyzstan in a small village without any of the things he eats. He'd go to the market and try to buy stuff and end up coming back with bags and bags of potato chips. It got so bad that he started losing a ton of weight (he was already skinny, even with that shitty diet.) They had to reassign him to Bishkek (the capital?) so he could get the food he eats. He ended leaving and teaching English in Busan, South Korea and found a woman, got married and now lives near an Outback there that he eats at nearly every day, religiously.

Strange Guy But I Like 'Em

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I try to be adventurous like that Andrew Zimmern fella on the Travel Network but probably not to his extreme.

Fries (ton of salt)
chicken tenders
plain potato chips
steak

That's it. So this smart guy (he really is smart) decides join PeaceCorps and ends up in Kyrgyzstan in a small village without any of the things he eats. He'd go to the market and try to buy stuff and end up coming back with bags and bags of potato chips. It got so bad that he started losing a ton of weight (he was already skinny, even with that shitty diet.) They had to reassign him to the Bishkek (the capital?) so he could get the food he eats. He ended up leaving and teaching english in Busan, South Korea and found a woman, got married and now lives near an Outback there that he eats at nearly every day, religiously.

you forgot the part where this guy is a pussy/loser

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
you forgot the part where this guy is a pussy/loser

I think it's a serious mental issue. I heard after the scare in Kyrgyzstan that he opened up a bit, but since finding that Outback in South Korea years after, he's gone back to his old ways.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
it sounds like his palette is just pampered and his only mental issue is not being a man and eating food with nutrients in it. its more of a serious physical issue, if those things are seriously all he eats.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Why doesn’t his wife cook the foods he likes? I mean like what the fuck!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I think for some people it's an autism spectrum thing (aspies are big on needing things a certain way and getting anxious/freaked out when there's any derivation from the norm). One of my wife's college friends and her husband came over to our house this past weekend and the guy was like a fucking baby when it came to food. Meat, potatoes and flavorless carbs were about the extent of his diet. I felt bad for him though cuz he seemed kind of aspie and his wife constantly berated him about it and was generally a cunt. Needless to say, they're not welcome back in my home. More because of the wife but I couldn't spend any significant amount of time with someone who ate like a child.

For others, they just had lazy parents who never made them try things and now they're just stubborn.

Feel free to resume calling each other faggots though.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

giphy.gif

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
it sounds like his palette is just pampered and his only mental issue is not being a man and eating food with nutrients in it. its more of a serious physical issue, if those things are seriously all he eats.

Exactly. Some people think if it doesn't taste amazing, that it's disgusting. When in reality, something isn't disgusting unless it literally makes you want to vomit.

I eat stuff like green beans, and other vegetable stuff. It's tolerable, but not amazing or anything. Being a normal human being though, you know that you need those nutrients in your body, so you man up.

Then what happens is either you learn to like those foods, or your body tells you that you need them.

Like for me, I crave avocados. My brain loves all that fat. It's similar to someone getting that first sip of coffee in the morning that perks you right up.

Seriously though, the "I hate water" people annoy the hell out of me. Let's live off Mountain Dew and Squeeze-its our whole life. Then wonder why we're diabetic, have charlie horses, and are constantly sick like 7 times a year.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

he prefers processed shit

I don't recall a single moment in college or otherwise after (weddings/reunions/etc.) where he'd try homemade stuff. He'd eat before an event and just get loaded instead of eating with the group. I don't put the blame on her at all. I bet she tries.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
that's a mommy's boy.
His mom probably pampered him with the same shit for every meal until he went to college.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
One of my kids is fussy as fuck, getting him to eat real food is a constant battle. It would be far easier to throw in the towel but there's no way I'm letting him grow up to be the kind of dullard who considers Doritos a meal.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Fries (ton of salt)
chicken tenders
plain potato chips
steak

That's it. So this smart guy (he really is smart) decides to join PeaceCorps and ends up in Kyrgyzstan in a small village without any of the things he eats. He'd go to the market and try to buy stuff and end up coming back with bags and bags of potato chips. It got so bad that he started losing a ton of weight (he was already skinny, even with that shitty diet.) They had to reassign him to Bishkek (the capital?) so he could get the food he eats. He ended leaving and teaching English in Busan, South Korea and found a woman, got married and now lives near an Outback there that he eats at nearly every day, religiously.

reminds me of some fucking loser I knew who would seriously eat McD's everyday here instead of 'dirty' chinese food. your friend is probably not as smart as you think he is and I guarantee his wife kinda regrets marrying him,fuck him, he'sa LOSER

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Doritos by themselves aren't much of a meal, true, but if you top them with meat, cheese, and veggies, that's good eatin'!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member

if i was his wife i'd be forcing him to eat real food and refusing to make any of that shit unless its Sunday and he's been a good boy

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
if i was his wife i'd be forcing him to eat real food and refusing to make any of that shit unless its Sunday and he's been a good boy

If you were his wife you’d just be putting your cock on a plate and telling him “dinner is served”.