Picky Eaters: What's their Deal???

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The tube full of black/brown stuff just under a small strip of flesh in a shrimps/crayfishes tail is it's bowel.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I eat breakfast cereal 3 times a day and that's it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
LOL, did I read that right? You can bring in 1 pack, so 20 cigs? :lolz:

Seriously it was a single carton prior to 2012, then it was 2 x 25 packs + one open pack and now it's 1 x 25 pack + 1 opened pack. All based on the erroneous idea that duty free cigarettes from travelers are being sold and undercutting the severe tobacco taxes we have. Sure thing... also a pack of smokes here costs at a minimum $20AUD for the cheapest, chinese smokes. If you want Marlborough or Benson and Hedges you're looking at fucking $30 for a pack of 25. Forget cartons... $150-200.

We're like Nazi's when it comes to tobacco now.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Holy fuck. A pack here in Ohio is like $4-7, that's crazy.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'd have thought tobacco would grow just fine in Australia. That shit must be more valuable than coca.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I will eat whatever as long as it's the dish they are acustomed to eating where I'm at. Had a lot of bad experiences with food this way, but I'm happy enough with the idea that it will overide any wish to not partake. Food is culture as much as it is nourishment.
Also helps to having been made eat what was on the plate when I was a kid and simultaneously having a mum who couldn't cook for shit 90% of the time.
My kid is something of a picky eater and this neurotic trait I tend to find endearing these days. Not so much when he was little. But over all they will taste all things (both my son and daughter), and then proceed to express their displeasure. They love sushi though. That stuff was only shocking to older generations at least here in Argie. But not really tho. People will give most things a try here. And then ask for the steak.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I don't know if I could eat certain animals unless I was starving though. Not due to disgust, I see myself eating insects, but not cats or dogs or monkeys or elephants. And I am fine with killing for the sake of eating but not killing in a way that is capriscous as are some places that will kill the thing in front of you for the thrill. Fuck making an animal suffer on a whim.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

I thought twitter was useless, but this girl just validated its entire existence with this one post.

My nephew is a picky eater, and it bugs the living shit out of me. Most of the time, he is my favorite out of all my nieces and nephews by a huge margin, but when he can't even eat anything on a pizza except cheese, I have to leave for fear of what I will say to him and my dumbass sister for letting him be this way. He's already in junior high, for fuck's sake.

A short-sighted shit tweet resonates with you, that's very telling, but comes as no surprise.

Ok, you can't empathize/relate at all. To not understand certain people? Fine. But you "hate" them? Why do you care what people eat?
Are you cooking every night for a family of "picky eaters" or something? That could be challenging, but I'm sure you're not doing this. You probably turned on your "hate" so baldgalzsack will think you're cool/retweet you.
Go fuck yourself. You're probably one of these LAZY, incompetent parents who can't deal with having a kid be unhappy for one single second, so you let your kids dictate for you what the family eats. Well, you can eat a dick. Those of us who actually care about our family members and what kinds of lives they'll have later on don't want to see them live in such tiny, limited worlds. A fucking pox on you.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Go fuck yourself. You're probably one of these LAZY, incompetent parents who can't deal with having a kid be unhappy for one single second, so you let your kids dictate for you what the family eats. Well, you can eat a dick. Those of us who actually care about our family members and what kinds of lives they'll have later on don't want to see them live in such tiny, limited worlds. A fucking pox on you.

As IF you know what it's like! Have you ever drove a van to THREE different soccer practices at THREE different fields 5 times a week??

Do YOU know what it's like to have to color code all of the outfits??? To buy the newest michael jordan sneakers every season? Doubtful!

I used to respect you, and you understand Dracula X on the SNES, but how dare you tell me how to raise MY family?

You deserve someone reaching through the computer screen right now, slapping you on your face leaving a dinosaur shaped chicken nugget mark (I'm not a violent person though, someone else can do that).

You don't put the Wonder bread with the crust cut off on my table. Until you do, well, you can go fly a kite!

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
As IF you know what it's like! Have you ever drove a van to THREE different soccer practices at THREE different fields 5 times a week??

Do YOU know what it's like to have to color code all of the outfits??? To buy the newest michael jordan sneakers every season? Doubtful!

First World Problems. God Almighty.

I just confirmed that ASID really is a Whiny Bitch.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

I used to respect you, and you understand Dracula X on the SNES, but how dare you tell me how to raise MY family?

You deserve someone reaching through the computer screen right now, slapping you on your face leaving a dinosaur shaped chicken nugget mark (I'm not a violent person though, someone else can do that).

You don't put the Wonder bread with the crust cut off on my table. Until you do, well, you can go fly a kite!

This is probably his best post.

OT, I knew a girl who is around 40 something, and she will never eat Chinese food for fear of eating cat, dog, or rat. She also won't eat much Hispanic food except chicken, and after embarrassingly asking for confirmation that she is indeed eating a chicken.

I get picky due to preference after trying something, but being picky due to ignorance is a whole other level.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, truly his best post for sure.

Bitching about buying his Kids brand New Jordans every season. Like so many other Parents out there wouldn't love to do the same for kids. Yet here he is bitching about it like it's a major problem. This is the same guy who has time to play his games to perfection and learn every in and out. I wonder how he does it with 3 kids and soccer practice.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yea, truly his best post for sure.

Bitching about buying his Kids brand New Jordans every season. Like so many other Parents out there wouldn't love to do the same for kids. Yet here he is bitching about it like it's a major problem. This is the same guy who has time to play his games to perfection and learn every in and out. I wonder how he does it with 3 kids and soccer practice.

You realize ASID is trolling in 99% of his posts? You think that fat fuck has kids?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You realize ASID is trolling in 99% of his posts? You think that fat fuck has kids?

Doesn't matter. If he's going to troll 99% of his posts, that's fine. I will just combat his trolling with more trolling, fight fire with fire. I'll also take down all his little gaming minions as well if they interfere.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
To you guys who say you will eat about anything. Have you tried fermented herring? I don't think so. It's a special treat from the north of Sweden (I'm in the mid). It smells like a nasty diarrhea dump and tastes, well just salt. Its an acquired taste so to speak.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Obvious troll, you cant impregnate men.

To you guys who say you will eat about anything. Have you tried fermented herring? I don't think so. It's a special treat from the north of Sweden (I'm in the mid). It smells like a nasty diarrhea dump and tastes, well just salt. Its an acquired taste so to speak.

If i ever go to Sweden of course i will try that out. I may not like it but ill try it.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I’ve heard of this. Don’t the tins often explode? Etiquette is to inform your neighbors if you’re going to eat it and the smell travels far? Sounds pretty rank.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I’ve heard of this. Don’t the tins often explode? Etiquette is to inform your neighbors if you’re going to eat it and the smell travels far? Sounds pretty rank.

Yeah I'm not so keen on straight up 'dare' food. If a lot of people think something tastes great, but I think it sounds gross, I'll give it a try. If it sounds gross and everyone who tries it says it's fucking gross I'm not buying into the eat it because it doesn't kill you mentality.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
People being "picky eaters" typically doesn't bother me in simple convos like some in this thread. Some treat it like someone having a mild medical condition; in the sense that if you are incapable of consuming something that isn't a salt and pepper seasoned hamburger because it makes you uncomfortable; some folks will express sympathy. Imo either you stand down if you are unable to hang due to your sensibilities or you soldier the fuck on and order your kids meal and shut the fuck up.

But if you expect me, or a group at large to modify dining or cooking plans around the fact that you think leafy greens taste like "dookie." Then it's time to either bring a brown bag or keep it moving. Same thing with those gluten free by choice people. If you don't have celliac's disease and end up shitting violently in a heap of cramp filled pain every time wheat flour hits your gullet. Don't expect people to move mountains for your fragile ass. Either make accommodations for yourself or just soldier on.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
ASID was actually talking about my kids - he and I just really really really good friends so he just helps us out a lot because he is that kind of guy.

I appreciate everything you do for us, ASID...don't ever forget that.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

I think i saw this on youtube a few years ago. I saw a few people eating it on those "Lets try weird shit channels". Then came across a guy who posted a video on how to eat it correctly. Which was wrapped in some sort of bread with other stuff.

I might be confusing the food with another, but both sound very similar. I remember the cans eould spray out liquid if not opened correctly.

I would try it if prepared properly. I don't think many canned fish products are suppose to be eaten straight out of the can. Which is probably why people who try these things hate them. Because they eat them incorrectly.