SNES mini classic

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Unbelievable. These fuckers buying his shit up I think are worse though. I want one of these too but I refuse to buy one from these fuckers.

I'm bull headed in that way too...I refuse to give a scalper my $$, I'd rather go without. I had the same view with the NES model, if I happened on one in the wild, I would have snatched it up...I never did (for obvious reasons). Pay some scumbag flipper 4x the retail price? No way. I literally dumb lucked out on the SNES model, that is the on;y reason why I got one.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm bull headed in that way too...I refuse to give a scalper my $$, I'd rather go without. I had the same view with the NES model, if I happened on one in the wild, I would have snatched it up...I never did (for obvious reasons). Pay some scumbag flipper 4x the retail price? No way. I literally dumb lucked out on the SNES model, that is the on;y reason why I got one.

Supposedly Nintendo is releasing more of the Original Nes Classic's these holidays. Here's hoping we could get our hands on one, in my case both the Snes and Nes. Here's hoping I could order one online or pick it up at a store like a Normal Shopper and not wait in some line at 5am because that's not happening. I think Scalpers will once again win this battle since they don't have shit better to do but I will not give in no matter what. Fuck'em

Edit: Looks like Nintendo is releasing the original in 2018

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
all i want is to be able to go into a Target or Best Buy and see them. I grab one, and exchange money for it and go home.

Even better, I just wish I could "add to cart" on Amazon and call it a day.

This false scarcity BS is infuriating, coupled with scalpers...I'd also rather go without

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
all i want is to be able to go into a Target or Best Buy and see them. I grab one, and exchange money for it and go home.

Even better, I just wish I could "add to cart" on Amazon and call it a day.

This false scarcity BS is infuriating, coupled with scalpers...I'd also rather go without

I remember seeing an article in Nintendo Power way back when addressing Japanese lining up to get a copy of Dragon Quest III on the Famicom. I had never seen anything like that over a video game. How times have changed..

I will say this is no new thing though...in the 1980's is was Cabbage Patch Kids, in the 90's it was Tickle Me Elmo, or Beanie Babies, or Furby...hell...now it's dumb shit like those absurd Hatichimals. There were all kinds of basement dwelling asshole camping out at places to get their hand on those dumb things...only to try to flip them for 2-3 times the price.

This is just more of the same...assholes being assholes.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I remember seeing an article in Nintendo Power way back when addressing Japanese lining up to get a copy of Dragon Quest III on the Famicom. I had never seen anything like that over a video game. How times have changed..

I will say this is no new thing though...in the 1980's is was Cabbage Patch Kids, in the 90's it was Tickle Me Elmo, or Beanie Babies, or Furby...hell...now it's dumb shit like those absurd Hatichimals. There were all kinds of basement dwelling asshole camping out at places to get their hand on those dumb things...only to try to flip them for 2-3 times the price.

I think that was actually issue #1 of Nintendo Power...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yea, I guess I'll wait till all the hype dies down and pick one up for regular price even if it's 1 or 2 years from now. It will happen eventually. I don't mind being really late to the party. As long as I could get one at regular price.

I hope Nintendo floods the market with these and Trailer Park Jimmy who purchased like 40 of them is stuck having to sell these back at regular price at a really slow rate because everyone has one already.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I hope Nintendo floods the market with these and Trailer Park Jimmy who purchased like 40 of them is stuck having to sell these back at regular price at a really slow rate because everyone has one already.

Yes, let them have to sit on them so long that they'll be all sun faded and smell like stale cigarettes--and not that unique Japanese arcade cigarette smell, but the "omg, gotta wash your hands fifty times" nasty kind of smell.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Last I checked the status of this, it sounded lime NES Classic is already back on the market. That blows.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think that was actually issue #1 of Nintendo Power...

Was it? Hmm...I may have to dig that one out.

I recall thinking that it seemed to foreign.

The first time I experienced a line so long that not everyone got what they came for was the Playstation 2 (The N64 sold out quickly, but I never saw people waiting in line for one.). I don't recall seeing an overnight+ line for anything before the Playstation 3.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't understand how many nagging nancies are bickering and yet they did no effort to go et one. You knew when it was goin to be released, plenty of time to request a personal day, wake up a little early and done deal. Each gamestop got like 20 extras on top of pre-orders, game stops were pretty good at keeping shot honest, one purchase per customer. I hope you guys get one, but you're crying and bitching it's pretty much retarded, this is not our first day at the rodeo plan accordingly bicthes.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I went to Target on September 30 to see if they had one. If they did, I might have been tempted to buy one. But they didn't, I got sad for half a second and then remembered, "Shit, I already have all these fucking games. What's for dinner?" :p

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I went to Target on September 30 to see if they had one. If they did, I might have been tempted to buy one. But they didn't, I got sad for half a second and then remembered, "Shit, I already have all these fucking games. What's for dinner?" :p

How did you have the final version of Starfox 2 when only a beta was available?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don't understand how many nagging nancies are bickering and yet they did no effort to go et one. You knew when it was goin to be released, plenty of time to request a personal day, wake up a little early and done deal. Each gamestop got like 20 extras on top of pre-orders, game stops were pretty good at keeping shot honest, one purchase per customer. I hope you guys get one, but you're crying and bitching it's pretty much retarded, this is not our first day at the rodeo plan accordingly bicthes.

Well of course I and many others realized we could take the day off for work...but I had no intention of burning a vacation day to get one of these. And I have no regrets about not doing that.

Part of my bitching is just me goofing around for fun...but part of it is serious. Years ago on my birthday I walked into a GameStop and bought a Resident Evil 4 Collectors Edition for the GameCube. My birthday was in August. And I just checked and the game was released in January. Buying an LE of a game in a store 8 months after release? There is no way that would happen now. Things gets scooped within 8 minutes of preorders opening up.

It just speaks volumes of society. I mean holy shot that eBay seller Smokehouse linked...dude has no better way of making money than scooping up units, driving store to store to circumvent the 1 per person rule? I feel bad people like that can't make money in a less desperate way.

And it happens with toys. A couple of years ago my daughter wanted a Jaffar doll because Aladdin was her favorite movie. She waited so patiently for it and I could never find one because scumbags scooped up all them all up. Eventually I caved and paid like $70 for a $10 doll.

Anyone who has daughters knows the same shit is going on with LOL dolls.

We all know this, it's nothing new. Its the norm now. but damn it is fucking annoying and I'll keep bitching about it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It just speaks volumes of society. I mean holy shot that eBay seller Smokehouse linked...dude has no better way of making money than scooping up units, driving store to store to circumvent the 1 per person rule? I feel bad people like that can't make money in a less desperate way.

There's a whole underclass of society doing this type of thing. Minimum wage is a joke so it's no surprise people are opting for alternative "employment".

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Well of course I and many others realized we could take the day off for work...but I had no intention of burning a vacation day to get one of these. And I have no regrets about not doing that.

Part of my bitching is just me goofing around for fun...but part of it is serious. Years ago on my birthday I walked into a GameStop and bought a Resident Evil 4 Collectors Edition for the GameCube. My birthday was in August. And I just checked and the game was released in January. Buying an LE of a game in a store 8 months after release? There is no way that would happen now. Things gets scooped within 8 minutes of preorders opening up.

And it happens with toys. A couple of years ago my daughter wanted a Jaffar doll because Aladdin was her favorite movie. She waited so patiently for it and I could never find one because scumbags scooped up all them all up. Eventually I caved and paid like $70 for a $10 doll.

Anyone who has daughters knows the same shit is going on with LOL dolls.

We all know this, it's nothing new. Its the norm now. but damn it is fucking annoying and I'll keep bitching about it.

I agree, it's not that Serious to the point were I'm going to make this extra effort to get one. I mean, which adult here would be stupid enough to take a vacation day from work to stand out in line at 5am to get a Snes Classic. The forums are in place for us to discuss all kinds of dumb shit and if I want to Nag I'm going to Nag. We have discussions here about Pickles, so If I want to Nag about some Jerk Off buying 30 Snes Classics which is most likely the reason why I don't own one, I'm going to bitch.

4 weeks ago at work during lunch I stopped at a Sandwich place, a few stores over was a Game Stop, so I walked in and asked them if they had a Nintendo Switch and they were out of stock. I was like ok, no biggie. Amazon was selling them but at the time they wanted $400 dollars and I was like fuck that. 3 weeks ago I took my car to get washed and stopped at a Game Stop which was two blocks away from the Car Wash and they had 3 Switch's In stock so I picked one up, Simple.

This is how I expect to find anything I buy now in days, Either Online, or at a Local Store with Zero Hassle. I'm not going to stand in line for hours like some asshole and I'm not driving 50 miles to get one. If It's not at a local store and I can't find one online than It's not happening. So till I find one, I'm going to be a Nagging Nelly.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
And with all this bullshit now rumors are starting to surface about a Gameboy Classic unit. Not really looking forward to that.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I completely agree with you- either buy online or locally without hassle. No way I would take a day off and stand in line to get a NES or SNES classic. I have a family to take care of and I would rather work and earn a few hundred bucks for the day.

I already have Famicom and Super Famicom with Everdrive, so NES & SNES Classic is not a necessity.

I mean, which adult here would be stupid enough to take a vacation day from work to stand out in line at 5am to get a Snes Classic.

This is how I expect to find anything I buy now in days, Either Online, or at a Local Store with Zero Hassle. I'm not going to stand in line for hours like some asshole and I'm not driving 50 miles to get one. If It's not at a local store and I can't find one online than It's not happening.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I just picked one up today at Target, they had couple more but they only allowed one per person. Sorry moe

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If we decide to not give the extra copy to a family member, I will probably try to trade it locally. I won't scalp a system for cash though. Trade values on the other hand, are subjective.