SNES mini classic

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I have to either get a longer HDMI cable or controller extension cables. .

The controllers make you sit too close to the TV even on a 50".

I have an ultra long HDMI cable for that very reason. Currently, the setup is kind of a pain...I'm waiting for my chance to hack the thing because:

^^
or go wireless.

I don't want to currently do this, I used the save state feature often and in stock form, you need to hit the physical reset button to do that. Once I hack the thing, I'll program it to reset off of button commands...then I'll go wireless.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I don't want to currently do this, I used the save state feature often and in stock form, you need to hit the physical reset button to do that. Once I hack the thing, I'll program it to reset off of button commands...then I'll go wireless.

Get the Nes mini receiver and wireless snes pads. Down + Select brings you back to the menu. You can even just use a Wii U pro controller if you have that.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Thats what I did, but I mounted them inside the case. Really didn't like the look of the door always being open.

acFtpqol.jpg

nVfHlCIl.jpg

M4aanqSl.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Oh shit, I like what you did there. Will have to do this myself.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thats what I did, but I mounted them inside the case. Really didn't like the look of the door always being open.

acFtpqol.jpg

nVfHlCIl.jpg

M4aanqSl.jpg

Awesome. If I ever get a chance to buy a Snes Mini which doesn't look like is going to happen any time soon, I think Ill do the same thing.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Definitely doing this shit. I got the receivers on the way now.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Get the Nes mini receiver and wireless snes pads. Down + Select brings you back to the menu. You can even just use a Wii U pro controller if you have that.

This may be an absurd question...but is this a factory feature? I read you can do that, but D + SEL does nothing on mine and scouring around the menu, I cannot find any settings to do that.

I know that the NES mini hack allowed for that feature, I'm planning on hacking the SNES once the software comes out.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
This may be an absurd question...but is this a factory feature? I read you can do that, but D + SEL does nothing on mine and scouring around the menu, I cannot find any settings to do that.

I know that the NES mini hack allowed for that feature, I'm planning on hacking the SNES once the software comes out.

It is built into the 8Bitdo receivers. You don't have to hack your system for that feature to work.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Did you find any connection issue with the bluetooth being completely enclosed? Just curious.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

No, this is for wireless. Grab the nes classic receiver and pad from 8bitdo.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Did you find any connection issue with the bluetooth being completely enclosed? Just curious.

None so far. I'd say I sit 10-15ft away from where the mini lives and haven't had a problem. Played through SFII without noticing lag. Just label your controllers 1&2 to avoid confusion.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist

You can't currently do it off button commands?
I haven't received my unit yet but I've heard that holding L+R+Start+Select, all at the same time, acts as a reset.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You can't currently do it off button commands?
I haven't received my unit yet but I've heard that holding L+R+Start+Select, all at the same time, acts as a reset.

That resets the game your currently in, it doesn't take you to the OS menu.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Thanks to the SNES Classic I just went through the process of updating my Star Fox 2 repro cart. The final version is really nice!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Thanks to the SNES Classic I just went through the process of updating my Star Fox 2 repro cart. The final version is really nice!

Would it be possible for you to have a larger sig? It's hard to tell which video you're promoting due to the small size.

RhTMOVs.png

Last edited: