NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Excellent fellas, tables updated, thanks for your entries!

I'm gonna slide a run through the grand canyon if I can today.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Wow...just played for my first time AES in MVS mode in Australia w/UK player and I finished with +15 and 7 continues. Looks like I need to get practicing!
Also holy cow those score cards go fast. You best be ready if you want to snap them!

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wow...just played for my first time AES in MVS mode in Australia w/UK player and I finished with +15 and 7 continues. Looks like I need to get practicing!

I also tried Australia for my first time today and did about the same.

It is a blasted hellscape of pain and anguish.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I also tried Australia for my first time today and did about the same.

It is a blasted hellscape of pain and anguish.

Shortly after I did Japan, and I was leading into hole 14 by -4...Finished +2...DAMN! I'm thinking I'm going to have to use the XRGB freeze functionality to grab a pic of that scoreboard though...or maybe I should just get the score card rather than the results screen. That blinking Player 1 row does not do me any timing favors for sure.

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm gonna have to play around with different characters; I'm struggling way too much on the greens.

Caplet | -0 | Germany | Veteran | MVS | Credits 4
Spoiler:
tvzQRH2.jpg

aak55MQ.jpg

fKjV8ji.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Old Links

Lassies & Laddies,

after an extensive take on the Scotland Open Traditional, I can present you some double digits... wasn't the easiest course but, much like R-Type, every bullet, eh... hole is programmed clocklike. Once you know where to place your ball after the tee, all your further shots are predestined.

This was the last shot... for today, that is ;).

OC-Scotland-01.jpg

OC-Scotland-02.jpg

OC-Scotland-03.jpg

OC-Scotland-04.jpg

OC-Scotland-05.jpg

OC-Scotland-06.jpg

OC-Scotland-07.jpg

OC-Scotland-08.jpg

Edinburgh takes some liberties in regard of a typical arcade suspense curve... the first 8 holes are quite tough to get through, whereas the the next 10 are considerably an ease. Don't get fooled by that bogey on 15th hole, this was just a slight misjudgement on the green... That said, it sure wasn't my last word in terms of handicap on that one. A 1cc is close ;).

oliverclaude | -12 | Scotland | Shot Maker | MVS | Credits 2 | CDZ

Played on an original CDZ with an original Neo Turf Masters disc.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh damn! I need to take a tour by Scotland, looks punishing. Tables updated, thanks for being an inspiration Oli, always so classy on the course.

Did another -7 run in Japan, seems like I'm not getting any better, playing with Robert Stewart and not making any head way, well at least I'm not getting worse.

Los Turfes lives!

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
my best play in Germany for the moment, fuck! the triple bogey in the hole 9

PSICODROMO | -10 | Germany | German | MVS | 1 Credit

dZAhVm3.jpg

l6nCiBV.jpg

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Oh damn! I need to take a tour by Scotland, looks punishing. Tables updated, thanks for being an inspiration Oli, always so classy on the course.

Did another -7 run in Japan, seems like I'm not getting any better, playing with Robert Stewart and not making any head way, well at least I'm not getting worse.

Los Turfes lives!

I'm down for some Scotland holes next time. Sounds like a real bruiser.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Aww man my super-crappy Scotland score finally got knocked out of the top slot! Well done Olliver.

I got to get back to this - it's been two weeks since I last played NTM. Don't get a girlfriend guys-it'll keep you away from what's important.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Well done Olliver.

...and then some, my fellow turfer. Thx.

After having Scotland out of my hair, there's some time for a handicap rectification on my lesser scores, that said...

As always, the last shot, this time as an afterimage.

OC-Japan-001.jpg

Blinking problems you know about, too.

OC-Japan-002.jpg

Hole #11 is an Eagle one, so is #8. As you see, there actually is much room for improvement. May the winds be with you on those two. And yeah, the dirty #13 is a birdie, ...at least.

OC-Japan-003.jpg

I'll never get tired of this image ;).

OC-Japan-004.jpg

Blinking again...

OC-Japan-005.jpg

...but this one's allright.

OC-Japan-006.jpg

oliverclaude | -19 | Japan | Shot Maker | AES | 1cc

I'm down for some Scotland holes next time. Sounds like a real bruiser.

Welcome to the club then or better yet... have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? You're about to... ;).

Edit for: typos, typos, typos...

Last edited:

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
I did a play through of the USA course today. First time playing this one. Another example of a back 9 meltdown
a1c915f27ecee68de4f1431dc2199fdd.jpg

Last edited:

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I'm loving this game. It's making a strong case for my all-time favorite golf game. I played it on the PS2 SNK compilation this morning and posted a so-so score on the Australian course with the default difficulty settings.

27EA0ED5-C547-4FDD-BC89-91C8F09DA968_zpsrdgcb1tx.jpg

0BC6515A-E744-45D1-BCEA-C20623F68ACF_zpsm8y7fcfz.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Very nice, thanks for your entry and welcome to the club and to all my fellow turfers a big hello, let's get back into business!

I'll update the thread in a few...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Mario Golf is up there, jus' sayin'. But yeah NTM > *.

I was going to mention that. I have the N64 game, haven't played it yet; but the Gamecube version is what made me buy a GC. Different styles, but both very fun.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
The Hot Shots series was pretty good too. Pretty involved play mechanics while still being silly and fun.

prof

Solid noob post. It IS the best golf game ever.
Ha! Thanks, man. You should try PGA Tour III on the Genesis if you ever get a chance. It's more of an actual simulation-style game, but it has similar gameplay mechanics to NTM. It's still a coin flip for me regarding which is my favorite, but NTM is beginning to pull ahead.

Anyway, played 2 rounds on the USA course this morning, and this was my best. A few bogies here and there, but I had to gut out a few of them after poor tee shots, so I was pretty happy with the round overall.

2CBE08F9-24C4-44C0-B423-56944FEA8862_zpsgfx6heyh.jpg

4755BA23-D8C8-4329-A845-EACDEAB90598_zpskepvsylx.jpg

prof

After a rough start, I went off for 5 birdies and no bogies on the back 9 at the German course to post a crowd pleasing 68. Next up: the Japanese course.

52975A2C-3A5E-4BBF-B09D-57A1C67323C2_zpsqy0edldt.jpg

6B503C5E-4389-4BF2-A015-DDAF3B4F0CAC_zpszmkjqrkz.jpg

Last edited:

prof

Since I don't own the game on any Neo hardware, I've been playing on the PS2 'SNK Arcade Classics' disc. I'm not entirely sure how it compares to the other versions of the game, but I can tell you that you automatically begin each round with 99 credits, and I can't figure out a way to adjust that setting. Also, there is a timer for each shot although you can't see it until there is 5 seconds remaining. I timed it with my phone and it is 20 seconds per shot. I've played each round at every course on the default difficulty setting (normal) with the German player.

All right, technicalities out of the way, now on to my most recent round. I was 8 under on the front 9 of the Japanese course, and leading at the turn which is just insane for me. However, I hacked my way through one of the all-time epic collapses on a back 9 that included back to back triples. I was disgusted with myself by the end. Ugh.

Off to the 19th hole I go to drown my sorrows. In my best Dr. Claw voice, "I'll get you next time, Japan."

C47E5D43-1482-4F34-93DD-5025ABC424E9_zpsqmsymmyc.jpg

81F5EEF5-EC0D-4CFC-BF9D-57381A603C69_zps8cosyb5c.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MVS difficulty on default is set at 4. Console settings usually has normal at 3 and MVS at 4. We're all here playing under MVS default settings so make sure you're up on par if you want your record paired up with everyone else. I'll play my copy of this PS2 collection and see what's up.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Mario Golf and Hot Shots 3 are fucking fantastic but nothing beats NTM.

prof

All right, it seems that the PS2 version does not have difficulty 4 as an option, so from now on I'll play on hard which is a difficulty 5. I shot a quick playthrough video yesterday so that you can see how it's set up. If there are any other glaring differences, let me know. Please excuse the quality of the video.