Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
It was dead on arrival in the west. Western publishers can barely make any money on 3DS, let alone the Vita with its tiny userbase.

Yet, seemingly the 3DS is tremendously successful. I think the Vita was immeasurably hurt by the call of duty release at the height of the advertising hype/push. The game was a turd and Sony was hanging their hat on it for some reason. If they had thrown ad dollars at the indie releases, I think we'd be whistling another tune right now.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Found my Vita under a pile of old boxes while cleaning today. I think might start playing Spelunky again until Windjammers comes out. The rest of the upcoming Vita stuff (from that top 10 vid) doesn't really interest me. I've decided I can do 10-15 hours of anime for VNs, but I can't stomach 40+ hours of mediocre anime for an RPG--and most of the upcoming stuff looks like rpgs.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Yet, seemingly the 3DS is tremendously successful. I think the Vita was immeasurably hurt by the call of duty release at the height of the advertising hype/push. The game was a turd and Sony was hanging their hat on it for some reason. If they had thrown ad dollars at the indie releases, I think we'd be whistling another tune right now.

I bought mine for YS. Still don't regret it. But I was surprised how quickly it seemed to be abandoned. Unfortunately there is a TON of weird-ass shovelware on this thing. With its screen, you'd think they would have more decent stuff on there- as far as handhelds go, its got a great screen and hardware that is just going to waste.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I bought mine for YS. Still don't regret it. But I was surprised how quickly it seemed to be abandoned. Unfortunately there is a TON of weird-ass shovelware on this thing. With its screen, you'd think they would have more decent stuff on there- as far as handhelds go, its got a great screen and hardware that is just going to waste.

With ya there - I think for people who are new or feel as though there is "nothing to play" on it should spend time going back to initial releases if they haven't. Killzone, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Batman Arkham, Rayman, Tearaway, etc...all the JRPG's now are just wonderful candy junk food for those that are into it.

I always thought the 3DS was just getting dungeon crawlers and RPGs as well and they all look like garbage compared to the vita games. So, people who chose 3DS for something like Etrian Odyssey over Demon Gaze or the other PILES of dungeon crawlers on the vita just make my head hurt. So much better games on vita for that crowd.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
this is in handheld systems not gameplay, and I've been accused ofnot knowing how to watch videos on it . So I thought I'd mention something I recently stumbled upon watching "videos" on mine. you can watch up to 2x speed and down to frame by frame using th dpad not just 1.5speed and normal.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Can't find it on amazon though, only the jap. versions are listed.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Chaos;Child. Article you linked says it's listed on german amazon but it's not.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
very interesting! i was about to double dip on that but I am up to my eyeballs [uses left hand to slap right hand away from mouse]

Your a stronger man than I. Thanks for posting this Rocky! Is this a UK only release like Drive Girls? I'm looking forward to trying out Drive Girls in a couple weeks. That game looks like all sorts of kooky fun.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
It is looking like the english version of SD Gundam G Genesis is drying up fast, so if anyone out there was tempted to get it - jump on it ASAP

edit: looking at the new releases coming soon for 3DS and shit like fire emblem and Culdcept look like low rent versions of stuff we get on vita twice a month.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
It is looking like the english version of SD Gundam G Genesis is drying up fast, so if anyone out there was tempted to get it - jump on it ASAP

edit: looking at the new releases coming soon for 3DS and shit like fire emblem and Culdcept look like low rent versions of stuff we get on vita twice a month.

Thanks, I need to get SD Gundam.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Thanks, I need to get SD Gundam.

It's a rad game. The fact it's on 2 cards was reason enough for me to purchase. It is not nearly as polished as the new super robot wars though.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Your a stronger man than I. Thanks for posting this Rocky! Is this a UK only release like Drive Girls? I'm looking forward to trying out Drive Girls in a couple weeks. That game looks like all sorts of kooky fun.

Most likely a UK-only release but who knows. Grainger also listed Rabi Ribi for a UK release.
http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps-vita/vt222-rabi-rabi

LRG is releasing the U.S. version I believe.

Yeah SD Gundam English is hard to find now. Buygame2 has it available to order, but they aren't very reliable with keeping stock up to date. As for the 3DS, I agree. Last games I bought were Dragon Quest 7,8. Ever Oasis might be good at least.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Channeling my inner Rot here, totally drunk posting. You guys, Caligula Effect is really fucking good. About 12'ish hours in. It's so good. How did this not get a physical release?!

edit: I stand by my drunk post - game is great

Last edited:

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Anybody picking up Slain? Has anybody played it yet? Trying to decide if I should buy.

Thanks.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anybody picking up Slain? Has anybody played it yet? Trying to decide if I should buy.

Thanks.

It's good and balls hard. It's a little clunky. If you haven't bought he digital already then go for it. If you hate it, you can sell it for what you paid probably.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
It's good and balls hard. It's a little clunky. If you haven't bought he digital already then go for it. If you hate it, you can sell it for what you paid probably.

Thanks for the input. I ordered it. A little concerned about your clunky comment but I'm going on a trip and needed something new to try out. I just purchased this and Odin Sphere so I should be good.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Thanks for the input. I ordered it. A little concerned about your clunky comment but I'm going on a trip and needed something new to try out. I just purchased this and Odin Sphere so I should be good.

Odin Sphere is good. I was definitely not disappointed in it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

Oh yeah. Between those two you are good to go.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Didnt wanna create a whole topic here but can anyone help me find out if a developers is full of shit.

Aquire says Akiba's Beat doesnt work on the pstv because of the special way its programed. Does anyone have a whitelisted vita and this game? Just wanna see it working so I can throw it back in their faces as liars.