Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I think you have to get a separate memory card for import account. Therefore, you have to reload your contents (which varies by memory card size) when you switch out memory cards, in addition to signing in/out.

gross - so you lose folders every time.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Speaking of jpn accounts, does anyone want my Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Vita game code? It came in the Collected Edition and I won't ever use it. Will only redeem on a Jap PSN account I believe.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Speaking of jpn accounts, does anyone want my Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Vita game code? It came in the Collected Edition and I won't ever use it. Will only redeem on a Jap PSN account I believe.

It's a fun game. Do you have it already?

(Don't need it)

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

I was so bummed that it came as a code and not on the cart itself

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
What a shame about how much effort it is to change accounts. If I would have known on day one I would have just accessed the US store but as I have so many downloads I'll stick to the UK store. I'm not prepared to get another memory card and go through all the mess of resetting the console each time I want to access another card.

That being said is it easy to mod this thing to run emulators?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
What a shame about how much effort it is to change accounts. If I would have known on day one I would have just accessed the US store but as I have so many downloads I'll stick to the UK store. I'm not prepared to get another memory card and go through all the mess of resetting the console each time I want to access another card.

That being said is it easy to mod this thing to run emulators?

If you're new to Vita, get used to it with the accounts. Sony probably won't change that.

wololo site might help you about emulators. Short answer is, "depends on the firmware."

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Reiterating this because I think people pass on digital only releases a lot these days:

Caligula Effect is way better than it looks in videos. The battle system has a steep learning curve [at least it did for me, probably because I am an old dangus] but once I got comfortable with it, it is extremely addictive. It definitely has a Persona vibe to it, seeing as the guy who wrote the first 3 Personas wrote this [Persona, P2 EP and IS]. Just want to say to anyone on the fence about it, it is totally above average JRPG and looks great, I am 5 hours in and haven't noticed any framerate issues that made me go "ewww", despite the videos looking chuggy.

I am actually bummed this didn't get a physical release as I want this sucker on my shelf.

edit: oh jeez, Operation Babel and Akiba's Beat arrive today....fuuuuu need moar time

Anyone here play the first Operation Abyss? I came out of Demon Gaze and was super pumped for it, but couldn't really get too into it. The difficulty was just too high and unforgiving. I'm hoping this one is a little more balanced.

It's sounding like the Vita port of Akiba's Beat is kinda' crap...great. We'll see, when I get around to playing it in the next 20 years.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
aaannnndddd another 3 vita games preordered....cry for help

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Hmmm I'm guessing God Wars, Tokyo Xanadu and Summon Night 6?!

I had all but God wars already in the chamber. But i added God Wars and both Utawarerumonos to the list. So out of hand.

Super stoked for Tokyo Xanadu.

Oh! Add Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition to that list as well. SMH

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I had all but God wars already in the chamber. But i added God Wars and both Utawarerumonos to the list. So out of hand.

Super stoked for Tokyo Xanadu.

Oh! Add Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition to that list as well. SMH

Nice! I haven't looked into the Utawarerumonos games yet. I got my Break Edition from Play-Asia last week. All the DLC is on the cart, which is awesome.

So many good releases this year. If 2018 sees even half the physical English releases as this year I'll be stoked.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Nice! I haven't looked into the Utawarerumonos games yet. I got my Break Edition from Play-Asia last week. All the DLC is on the cart, which is awesome.

So many good releases this year. If 2018 sees even half the physical English releases as this year I'll be stoked.

the Utawarerumonos look similar to God Wars - grid based RPG strategy, but with some visual novel elements tossed in. I don't know why I preordered the second one that comes out in September - when I KNOW I will probably play 13hrs or so of the first and quit. Unless, it's just amazing.

I was bummed that Drive Girls got delayed...but I have enough on my plate.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Utawarerumono (aka Underwater Ray Romano) is censored in the west btw.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Utawarerumono (aka Underwater Ray Romano) is censored in the west btw.

meh - I've grown to not care too much about that. I used to be angry about it - then I realized I just don't care anymore. Although Criminal Girls was unplayable due to censorship.

is it more than just this spank scene?

http://www.dualshockers.com/utawarerumono-mask-deception-altered-scenes/

If not, I'm totally ok with it. I usually skip through a ton of the story in some of these games as it usually slows the game to a CRAWL. Super Robot Wars, I'm looking at you.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Maybe it's only that, dunno. Anyway, I don't support censorship in any form so I won't buy it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Maybe it's only that, dunno. Anyway, I don't support censorship in any form so I won't buy it.

Totally agree - but that's a whole 'nutha' conversation and whether or not protesting with your dollars actually does anything other than hurt publishers. But, I am definitely on your side of the fence on that issue. I just weigh it heavily nowadays with "would I ever get to play this otherwise and how can I keep pumping blood into this dying system?" It seems like the politics involved with this crap on the publisher's side would make my head explode from rage.

But there have been plenty of games I've skipped due to censorship.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm slowly learning that outside the digital PSP library and the PS1 games, this system is aimed squarely at weaboos.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I think it's a Japanese system now. With Japanese gamers in mind. Nothing for typical Western tastes for sure. But it takes me back to the early 90's. Loving it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I think it's a Japanese system now. With Japanese gamers in mind. Nothing for typical Western tastes for sure. But it takes me back to the early 90's. Loving it.

I agree with you there. This system is the new Saturn.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Really nice how the update for Steins;Gate 0 corrupts your savegames :thevt:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm slowly learning that outside the digital PSP library and the PS1 games, this system is aimed squarely at weaboos.
It was dead on arrival in the west. Western publishers can barely make any money on 3DS, let alone the Vita with its tiny userbase.