Your holiday gaming?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Time to celebrate not working, and attempt to avoid the in-laws.

I figure I'd finish off the 25th Anniversary hack of Mother, then start up some Fallout 3 again, then maybe break out the ol' Super Metriod cart.
Sprinkle in some Neo Turf Masters throughout...(there's a thread on shmups talking about golf games that made me realize I haven't dug into that game much).

What are you all gaming on this holiday?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm going to try to put a dent in my backlog but there's gonna be a lot of party games played since family from all over is coming. Lots of Mario Kart and Mario Party

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm playing SamSho II, Destiny and Last of us. I'll pop in some NES and SNES games for holiday nostalgia.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I got a week's vacation next week. I might try to do a play through of Final Fantasy IX, haven't beaten it in a few years. Some Super Castlevania IV, and lots of NES games.

micah7

n00b
Hearthstone on tablet since the Android version came out. Probably some good old board games (D&D 5th ed, Lords of Waterdeep, Cards Against Humanity) with friends on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Might break out the SNES for some customary competitive Tetris or Dr. Mario.

I got a week's vacation next week.

I wish I got time off.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I'll try RESOGUN on my PS3, the other day was all update system, update shop software, install, the works.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I'll be playing through more of dragon age Inquisition on pc, and shienryu on the cab.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I'm tasked each year with bringing the gaming options to the Family Christmas Party. This year the plan is Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Golf Toadstool Tour. My personal gaming will be Deathsmiles. I'm determined to beat the whole thing without continuing.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll have a little bit of time off for the up coming week.

So, I'm torn between these two choices.

1. Focus on a specific game to clear and play until I hate it.

2. Aimlessly flop around through a ton of random titles I haven't touched in years.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
Since I've got 6 days off work for christmas, I'm going to try and 1cc a metal slug game, or RoboCop or Sunset Riders on jamma.

I know I'm getting Last Blade 2 for Christmas on MVS which will be great, but I'm guessing that some of my holiday gaming time will be playing Wii with the family.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've got a big pile of PS4 games waiting for my inevitable ps4 Christmas gift :D

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I've been buying some SNES games since that was the 16-bit system I grew up with. Just some cheapie titles, nothing major but still fun! I picked up Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors edge from Walmart for $5. I don't even have a damn WiiU but I think next year I might pick one up for Bayonetta.

Here's a link for Ninja Gaiden 3 for $7. I think they raised it back up a little...

What I have been playing lately is shmups. Like I said earlier before, I had gotten some cheap SNES shooties like Thunder Spirits, regretted it and got Thunder Force III for Genesis and got super into it. That damn level after the water one where the level changes shape and crushes you is hard for me to get used to. Gradius III I have a new love for but a level or two after the Moai statues, I get owned. I'm just terribad at shmups for now, but I will keep on at it!

Last edited:

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
Have neo turfmasters in the mail. Plan on getting really good at it.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Bayonetta 2 waiting under the Christmas tree. A few retro suprises too I'm sure.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I know my wife got me a bunch of new 3ds games for christmas. I'm also planning on getting into some match of the millenium on my pocket. I got the next 2 weeks off so it should be fun.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Working thru my current PC backlog. I'm partly into Fallout3. Tossing in some hotline miami here and there. Got next week off work so I'm hoping for some late night gaming sessions to push thru this. But with the Steam sale going I'll likely be increasing the backlog.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Being off and having my kids off at the same time we'll play something together. Just beat "The Room" on steam, and working through the Broken Sword trilogy next.

We have a game day with my nieces and nephews early next week and we'll do some puzzle and fighter tourneys on the cabs.

Then I happen to know that someone bought Trap Team and Marvel Infinity 2.0 - so i'm quite sure those will get a lot of play in the days after Christmas. I bought myself Targa SNES, Gunbarich PCB and Akatsuki Blitzkampf NAOMI - so i'll put time into those for sure too. I take 2 weeks at Christmas - so this is usually the most gaming I get done all year.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
EDF 2025 360, Burning Fight & Knights Chance Neo.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'll have a little bit of time off for the up coming week.

So, I'm torn between these two choices.

1. Focus on a specific game to clear and play until I hate it.

2. Aimlessly flop around through a ton of random titles I haven't touched in years.

I vote for no.2. Something about A.D.D. gaming is fun during the holidays.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
More Smash Bros and some Vita gaming here. Got a big back catalog on that system and it's pretty RPG heavy. Think I'm going to focus on Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Samurai Shodown II - in case I can complete it I'm out of games to continue the quest and will perhaps play Megaman7 on the Saturn. Perhaps a friend will come over and bring his euro snes for some zelda Action.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
SSB WiiU
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 1/2
Guilty Gear Xrd
Ultra SFIV
+Misc "pick up & play" games incl regular MVS cab sessions

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
SSB WiiU/3DS
Hyrule Warriors
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Dragon Quest V
...And probably more of the enormous backlog of games I have sitting around. I have a bad habit of going through a drought of games and then all of a sudden getting a shit-load and never finishing them.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
On 26, 27 and 28 I am going to a friend's home (we are few going). None of them saw a Neo Geo system besides emulators and they are requesting me to bring my system to play some games. Will be fun! :D

mikey

Marked Wolf
I'll be hitting up my turbografx and trying to beat legendary axe 1 and 2, never got around to finishing them before for some reason. And since I'll have the turbo out, will likely play Bloody Wolf and Ninja Spirit too.