Your holiday gaming?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The only real use IMO is to play as a portable, as there are better options for playing emulated Neo on a TV.

That's a shame about the NGX I've read/seen a lot of bad reviews about the unit. Mostly about emulation problems and poor video output.

Hopefully I get some gaming done over the holidays but my time is usually taken up visiting family. I am going to try to coop the first two Borderlands games with my brother though. Beyond that I'm hoping to get my mv1b running. Consolizing it will probably have to wait.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I brought it to work today and played Neo Turf Masters and Pocket Fighter. It was awesome.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I brought it to work today and played Neo Turf Masters and Pocket Fighter. It was awesome.

Sounds good to me. I know their's a bunch of ways to hack it. What's best/easiest way that you know of? I'm sure I need to spend some time sifting through the forums.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Starting to get obsessed with Guilty Gear Xrd on my own - need to rise from scrub status! With family I am playing Mario Kart, Resogun and Pinball Arcade.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
This holiday season, I decided to keep it handheld while visiting the in-laws. I finally beat Metroid Fusion with 100% item completion, got the easter egg cut scene, and mastered the Shinespark technique. I've been putting some more time in Spy Hunter for the 3DS. It's a mindless joy to play. I've also beat Mega Man 2 in decent time (even completing Quick Man's stage without the Flash Stopper). The last game I played and completed was Battletoads without the warp jumps. Overall, I knocked out a bunch of games from my youth and then some.

Still haven't picked up a PS4 or an Xbone. I really can't see the lure of any newer system aside from the WiiU. With a back catalog of games on the PS3 and Xbox 360, I can't see myself getting a new system to have it sit and collect dust.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sounds good to me. I know their's a bunch of ways to hack it. What's best/easiest way that you know of? I'm sure I need to spend some time sifting through the forums.
It's not hard, but requires one of those sd card adapters to take full advantage. Google neo geo x jailbreak for some instructions and files.

There are a bunch of emulators on there that work well, but most of them have bad button mappings that you can't change, so I stick with CPS1/2 2 and 3 button games, they map correctly. The sound is off a bit on CPS1 but CPS2 is pretty great.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
It's not hard, but requires one of those sd card adapters to take full advantage. Google neo geo x jailbreak for some instructions and files.

There are a bunch of emulators on there that work well, but most of them have bad button mappings that you can't change, so I stick with CPS1/2 2 and 3 button games, they map correctly. The sound is off a bit on CPS1 but CPS2 is pretty great.

Cool...thanks man!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I been playing grandia of late on the PS3.That is one rpg lighthearted enough,for this time of the year.Still family does visit and probably some mario kart 8 multiplayer Though i know i will be getting GTAV for christmas on the PS4.Also the on the 25th i want to download,shantae and the pirates curse for the wii u :D

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I spent last night playing some Razion, then Metroid SuperZeroMission (Super Metroid hack) and then Super Mario World return to Dinosaur Land (SMW hack). All good games.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Ever since getting my 3DS XL for Christmas (from myself) I have been hooked on Mario Kart 7. It looks amazing in the 3D. I love it! I can't wait to dive into my other 3DS games...

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Hyrule Warriors and Dark Souls 2 DLCs

Bro-op with my bro since we finally both got free time.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
About the only console gaming I did over the holidays was finally playing Bioshock's two Burial At Sea DLC. I played through them in a night and then spent the next two days depressed as hell over by how the saga wrapped up.

The only thing else I managed to play was getting like 630 stars in Ultimate NES Remix for the 3DS before I got tired of it.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I planned to play quite a few games with my time off, but I mostly just played Biomotor Unitron. Plus some Wii U with friends.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I have a friend who loves old 2D baseball games. I'm going to have him over this weekend for some Super Baseball 2020. That's going to be the last holiday gaming happening over here.

Just bought Shovel Knight.. I guess the holidays are over now for the most part.

I played Might & Magic Dark Messiah, Diablo 3, Real Bout Fatal Fury and Miracle Warriors over the holidays. Got a lot of quality gaming time in.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
We've been putting way too much time into smash bros and pokemon.

brettybluevein

New Challenger
Also, my holiday gaming has been limited to Professor Layton on my 3DS. Such a great series of games if you're into puzzles. The plot is great too.

Luna

n00b
Hallo,

I think, Professor Layton is interesting and funny game.I have played this game.It is good game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The part of my backlog that are mostly visual novels.

Well my holiday gaming plans bombed big time. I played a little Final Fight on SNES and disabled the SVM on my Toshiba 20" CRT. I always manage to run out of time during the holidays due to visiting two sets of parents. I didn't even keep up with the steam sales this year. Hopefully everyone else had better luck than me.

Hallo,

I think, Professor Layton is interesting and funny game.I have played this game.It is good game.

Dude what is you're problem. Stop posting nonsense everywhere.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Last day of the holidays before going back to normality tomorrow, so I decided to bring the AES and MVS converter out for the afternoon. Been playing some MS 1 and 2, Shock Troopers 2nd, World Heroes 2 Jet, Double Dragon and Magical Drop 2. Just wish I'd set aside more time for the AES and not waited until the last minute.