Your holiday gaming?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I get eleven days off. Eleven!!!! So plenty of gaming time.

I haven't really played much of Smash Bros. yet so I will be playing a lot of that. I am also collecting two MVS carts this weekend, Double Dragon and Magical Drop II, so I will have plenty of time to give them a proper play.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
I have more project/house related items lined up than raw relaxation time, but I at least plan to play some of the CPS2 games that just arrived: Powered Gear & Pocket Fighter :D
-ud

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'll probably try and finish NES Remix on 3DS. I've been playing it off and on the last week and so far it's been a blast.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
I'll be hitting up my turbografx and trying to beat legendary axe 1 and 2

I've never beaten either. I've always got further in the second one. I find the original really hard. Great music though.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I got Luigi's Mansion 2 for Christmas last year, I started it earlier this week so I think I'm going to be trying to get through that. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is still wrapped on my shelf too, I really want to get into that one. My backlog is too damn long.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
DKTF is a great game unwrap that shit already!

Progear, Mushihimesama and Last Blade 2 are what I'll be playing; pretty much what I've been playing the last three months.

Also on a side note, in the Xmas spirit I gave four 360 games to my office administrator to wrap for her eight year old grandson; they were:

Genesis Collection
Raiden Fighters Aces
Beautiful Katamari
Viva Pinata - I still have no idea what that game was.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I'll have a little bit of time off for the up coming week.

So, I'm torn between these two choices.

1. Focus on a specific game to clear and play until I hate it.

2. Aimlessly flop around through a ton of random titles I haven't touched in years.

I'm doing #3: Picked a handful of games to flop around on when I'm free from festive obligations.

Adding SNES Actraiser 2 since I never played it before, and breaking out Power Stone 2 on my DC since both bro-in-laws threw down the gauntlet.

Mother (25th Anniversary hack) - NES
Fallout 3 - XBOX360
Super Metriod - SNES
Neo Turf Masters - MVS
Actraiser 2 - SNES
Power Stone 2 - DC

No chance of completing any of these games, but it'll be nice to jump around to multiple titles. We'll see which one gets the most playtime this holiday. :)

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Sometimes there are even specific levels of games that I like to play around the holidays, namely one being the Mountains of Mira-Mira stage from Klonoa 2. It takes you on a snowboard through snowy mountains and even a little village. The background music of the stage is even sang in the fictional Phantomilan language of the games. :D

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Some Xmas Nights, of course.

Lots of cab play w/ the kiddos & family: Puzzle Bobble dos, Virtua Tennis tourneys, some Macross on the Aero.

My fam wiis out like crazy over the holidays too...w/ all the cold weather, we hit the wii resort for some summertime fun!

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Plan on finishing EX mode in parasite eve for the holiday season. Nothing like climbing a 100 floor building to kill off a secret boss.

mikey

Marked Wolf
I've never beaten either. I've always got further in the second one. I find the original really hard. Great music though.

I find the same thing. I got further in the first the other day, but still nothing the boast about.

My wife wanted to play a Super Mario World hack today, so I made up a Super Mario World Beta cart (the recreated one). It's cool to play through some of the original concepts of what the game might have been like if they stuck with more of a Mario 3 type theme.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm going to try to put a dent in my backlog but there's gonna be a lot of party games played since family from all over is coming. Lots of Mario Kart and Mario Party

Sounds like a good time. Should throw some smash in there too :)

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Sounds like a good time. Should throw some smash in there too :)

I have strong suspicions that waifu is getting me smash for Christmas, so if she does that's getting serious play time. If not I'll buy it myself.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm going to try to finish off Yakuza 4, then get in some Dark Souls, and try to beat Samurai Showdown 2 on MVS.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I'm going to try to finish off Yakuza 4, then get in some Dark Souls, and try to beat Samurai Showdown 2 on MVS.

Your Jubei hint was good - best of luck, the dive is really great against Mizuki, I tried to combine it with a hard crouching forwards which worked on many opponents before her but most of the time not on her.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Probably all Neo Geo for me this end-of-year period. Only will have time for short-burst gaming sessions this holiday because we're renovating our attic rooms.

Thinking about learning Art of Fighting 2, KOF'94 and Magical Drop II a bit better.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'll be trying to thin down my backlog:

ActRaiser - SNES
Super Metroid - SNES
Ristar - GEN
And a lot of GameCube games - Cubivore (currently a few hours in), Chibi-Robo!, Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion, Viewtiful Joe

I'm also currently rediscovering some 3DO games I loved as a teen: Gex, Road Rash, Theme Park, Soccer Kid, Twisted, etc.

I've been playing some Christmas Nights in tandem with regular Nights and some other stuff for the Saturn. My friends have been over quite a lot so we've been playing quite a bit of Mario Kart 8 and Smash for WiiU. Another year goes by where I can't get myself to finish a few random titles from Japan including Shadow of the Colossus and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Oh well, back to playing my backlog of PS2 titles. :eek_2:

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Just cracked open match of the Millennium. Haven't played it in while...super stoked.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Company is shut down for the holidays so I have two weeks and I plan on getting both my CMVS up and running, along with installing the NES RGB board into my NES, then knocking out a ton of my backlog.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I figured out how to play CPS2 games on the NGX. I've been playing the fuck out of Progear and Pocket Fighter. Work is slow but full of good times!

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I figured out how to play CPS2 games on the NGX. I've been playing the fuck out of Progear and Pocket Fighter. Work is slow but full of good times!

I was thinking about hacking mine buto I wasn't sure if it was worth the trouble. A friend of mine got it for my birthday. I had to act all excited when I opened it up, I didn't want him to know he waisted a bunch of money. It's been sitting in the box ever since.