Neo Geo X Gold System $129.99 Brand new @ Best Buy with Free shipping

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Could be worse, Amazon is charging a minimum of about $150 for used ones.

I want one, this would go well with my Atari Flashback 2 (I need paddle controllers) and Atgames Sega Genesis (picked up for $5 on clearance).

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Are people really still drooling over this pile of shit?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I'd go the Wii Virtual Console route, but they haven't updated their selection in ages...

Have you checked recently? Over the past few weeks they've been throwing up NeoGeo games like mad! They're up to just over 50 games, not a bad selection at all!

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Have you checked recently? Over the past few weeks they've been throwing up NeoGeo games like mad! They're up to just over 50 games, not a bad selection at all!

Damn shame that it would cost over $450 to buy all those games...NeoGeo X for life!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You don't "buy" those games, you "rent" them for $450 as Nintendo can decommision the VC anytime they wanted to. XD

pipes

You don't "buy" those games, you "rent" them for $450 as Nintendo can decommision the VC anytime they wanted to. XD

Buy, rent, whatever. We're talking about shitty emulation here and a second-rate Neo experience. Enjoy the Tommo experience X'ers - Pain, misery and disappointment in the palm of your hands.

HB_Gamer

n00b
Regardless of the haters, I had 20 7 year olds fighting for next round on metal slug 1 and 2. There is something about smashing the fire button as fast as you can:)

pipes

Regardless of the haters, I had 20 7 year olds fighting for next round on metal slug 1 and 2. There is something about smashing the fire button as fast as you can:)

That's obviously the target demographic then. Well done Tommo.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
That could be a decent positive! I mean, I wouldn't want 7 year olds being.. well.. 7 year olds with my AES, no matter how good a time they could have. Get em addicted there, and when they're old enough to know self control, and a bit of respect for more grown up hardware, then they could join me at the grownups table and learn what really made it so great!

pipes

That could be a decent positive! I mean, I wouldn't want 7 year olds being.. well.. 7 year olds with my AES, no matter how good a time they could have. Get em addicted there, and when they're old enough to know self control, and a bit of respect for more grown up hardware, then they could join me at the grownups table and learn what really made it so great!

So it doesn't bother you that it appears to be designed for 7 year olds?

So fucking glad I'm not 7 right now.

pipes

Nah. Honestly, little to nothing bothers me :D

You absolutely need this mentality to be a fan of the Neo X.

At the very least, Tommo should have a disclaimer on their website stating - "If things bother you, please refrain from buying this product"

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
LOL, my Neo Geo X is back in its box. Hasn't been used in a while. What does get used are those sticks. I have both sticks hooked up to the Mac Mini in my living room. Those sticks and a full set of Mame0.149 ROMs. Haha, should have saved some cash and just bought those to begin with. Way better emu experience... Was playing the Punisher last night with a friend on them. Only good thing about the X in my book.