Neo Geo X Gold System $129.99 Brand new @ Best Buy with Free shipping

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
still not worth it. I'm personally pissed out how this thing came out. I was expecting something better, hell even larger flash carts build into some kind of MVS or AES repro shells would have been cooler....

nice price though. but if you read they are all returned hardware.

HB_Gamer

n00b
This is still in stock at the sales price. It looks like a IT challenges BB employee put in under retro game systems/N64 of all things.

:cool:

SSS

neo retired
I think $50 shipped would be a reasonable price for this thing.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Who made those videos where someone waited in line to buy a brand new console on day one, then went outside and smashed it in front of all the other people in line? It would have been cool to see someone do that with the NGX, except it would have been in front of a bunch of random shoppers who would have no idea of the context, because no one waited in line for NGX!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Tommo what were you thinking when you made this piece of junk.

Cha-Ching $$$$$$$$$$$! - That's what they were thinking.

I really do feel bad for everyone that got suckered into buying this disaster.

Last edited:
NeoGeo X Gold is back in stock at Bestbuy.com, all last week the listing was gone, however just checked and it's back up still for only $129.99 and free shipping same as the deal on the extra controller for $31.99. so either order from bestbuy or better to have Amazon.com or any other site that offers free ship and especially No Tax to match it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
actually set playstation psp, vita or nintendo ds, 3ds, etc search on ebay to "not working" you'll find thousands of current & previous listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-Lot-of...L-3DS-GBA-SP-System-AS-IS-PARTS-/190815860326 This one is ridiculous.. must be at least 50 if not more

Considering Sony and Nintendo have both sold hundreds of thousands times more units than Tommo, I don't see the relevance.

Nice try, fruitloop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Difference here is that it's just barely after the 90 day manufacturer's warranty even if you've bought the NGX on release day.

Listings go as far back as ebay's listings show, however you can extend that look with the proper keywords with google, there's been defective or dead Nintendo/PS units since warranty periods ended on the first batches/sales.

Considering Sony and Nintendo have both sold hundreds of thousands times more units than Tommo, I don't see the relevance.

Which exactly explains why there's only a handful of listings for broken NGX units, while there's thousands each for Nintendo and Playstation. However it's technically more pathetic for Nintendo or Playstation to have defective units as they are multibillion dollar corporations, have full Quality Assurance departments whose sole purpose is to test and find all defects prior to release and after and also test and find any production defects and stop any from reaching store shelves, plus both companies are able to pour hundreds of thousands, if not millions in development and production, and not to mention.. both have released portables in the past (Nintendo, a bunch) and should of learned from experience how to avoid flaws and defects in both development and production..

Also to mention, both PSP and DS were "silently" recalled multiple times over the span of their life, morons each sent out whole batches of defective units (tens to hundreds of thousands of units defective right off the assembly line, sitting on store shelves awaiting for disappointed buyers to purchase a dead or defective system), just google nintendo portable recall or playstation portable recall.

Nintendo taking the cake with two massive recalls of the various nintendo DS models, first over 14% of all the various DS models sold have defective hinges, then on top of this an over 200,000 units (this is a conservative estimate) have defective, overheating, & exploding battery problems.

Tommo on the other hand.. this is their first time releasing a portable handheld. so one can expect flaws or defects as they do not have a dedicated QA dept, don't have hundreds of thousands to pour into development and production, and had no experience in a release of this nature prior to this.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Tommo on the other hand.. this is their first time releasing a portable handheld. so one can expect flaws or defects as they do not have a dedicated QA dept, don't have hundreds of thousands to pour into development and production, and had no experience in a release of this nature prior to this.

Holy shit, this sounds awesome. I'm sold!

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Actually thease units are only retuned by customers that where not satisfyed. The seller tested te units and saw the flaws with the NGX and thought they must be defective, but they in right working order.
But dont take my word for it. ;)

You can be iggnorant or pretend that what you're trying to say negative about the NGX only happens to the NGX, but in reality if you search ebay, cowboom.com, or go to any bestbuy or game store in person.. you'll find numerous (hundreds and thousands) of returned PSPs, Vitas, and various DS models sold as "Open Box/Used" after testing.. It's "easier" to return an item to a retailer or store, especially a non-major national chain, if you lie and say there's something defective with it, when in reality there isn't.. I did the same myself when I returned my NGX to bestbuy yesterday, they ask you at the customer service counter why you are returning it, so i said it had a problem, when in reality It was a perfectly working unit. So I am sure after their instore peeps test it, see there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it will end up on the shelf as openbox or shipped over to CowBoom's warehouse which is located a few cities over from where I returned it.

Just checking ebay right now, you'll find hundreds of listings for "Used" PSPs, Vitas, and the various DS models.. obviously "not satisfyed" customers in your reality.

Last edited:

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Actually i dont try to say something negative, in fact i say something negative over the ngx.
As for returning items you bought new, you used and later you retun em with a lie because your not satifyed, that is pretty much low life to me.
I hope they didnt give you the money back only afer checking if there is really somthing defective.
If its working perfectly they should give you a call that you can pick up your unit or if u dont want it back charge you the use and checking costs.
You should put it up on ebay, but sure its hard to find people now that are willing to buy it.
I wonder why ? I even wonder more why you retun the NGX if you trying to protect it.
There is absoluty no excuse building a cheap crap fake chinese Dingoo unit, put SNK and Neo-Geo logos on it, use stolen emulators ( that even dont work good on this crap) and sell this crap for such a high price.
Even ppl like you seem not willing to spend only 99$-130$ for this shit even if 110$ seemed a fair price for it.

Last edited:
Actually i dont try to say something negative, in fact i say something negative over the ngx.
As for returning items you bought new, you used and later you retun em with a lie because your not satifyed, that is pretty much low life to me.
I hope they didnt give you the money back only afer checking if there is really somthing defective.
If its working perfectly they should give you a call that you can pick up your unit or if u dont want it back charge you the use and checking costs.
You should put it up on ebay, but sure its hard to find people now that are willing to buy it.
I wonder why ? I even wonder more why you retun the NGX if you trying to protect it.

except for the fact Bestbuy allows returns for any reason, even those who just want their money back. they inspect all returns regardless. even the back of the receipt states this, "return if not completely satisfied for any reason..."

Majority of returns at a retailer are generally individuals who just want to get their money back or some reason other than the simple one they state, at least that's how it was when I worked at Circuit City back in 2003 or so.

You're Argument is Dead.
Your Friend's Arguments is Dead.
Your Family's Argument is Dead.
Your Fucking Pets Are Being Skinned Alive.
Your Mom's A Fucking Whore.
You Suck At Life.
The Whole World Hates You.
You're Going To Hell.
Live With It.

Game Over.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
except for the fact Bestbuy allows returns for any reason, even those who just want their money back. they inspect all returns regardless. even the back of the receipt states this, "return if not completely satisfied for any reason..."

Majority of returns at a retailer are generally individuals who just want to get their money back or some reason other than the simple one they state, at least that's how it was when I worked at Circuit City back in 2003 or so.

Weren't you 10 back in '03?

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Ok if they do returns for any reason then its the problem of bestbuy. I might have done the same thing too then.

bugula

Member,
It's "easier" to return an item to a retailer or store, especially a non-major national chain, if you lie and say there's something defective with it, when in reality there isn't.. I did the same myself when I returned my NGX to bestbuy yesterday, they ask you at the customer service counter why you are returning it, so i said it had a problem, when in reality It was a perfectly working unit.

so you've just publicly admitted that you've stolen from someone. stay classy.