NGX Controller $36.99 with free shipping from best buy

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm officially a member of the "NGX rules" gang.

It's more like a gangbang.

Except you are the white girl and Tommo is a dozen well hung black guys.

Bring the lube, cause your ass will need it.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
It's more like a gangbang.

Except you are the white girl and Tommo is a dozen well hung black guys.

Bring the lube, cause your ass will need it.

So that is what goes on in OHIO lol.

HemlockDrew

New Challenger
Awesome! I really hope you enjoy it when you finally get it in hand! Being an NGX supporter, welcome! Which games are you looking forward to most?

Really looking forward to Ninja Master's and Fatal Fury - as well as King of Fighters!

The wrestling game seems interesting, and I've heard good things about the baseball and bowling games. Haven't heard much about Super Sidekicks, but I do really like soccer games. oh wow, how could I forget Metal Slug! I've never played that (or really any of these) before.

A friend online told me about Windjammers, that looks really cool and I hope they release that one day. I'm just excited to actually have an official product and hope to see the whole catalog released!

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Now on a related note, does this make virtual console official, since it does do the emulation better, and displays the games correctly? :D Something the NGX fails to do on both counts. Oh and those are licensed by SNK.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Oh and those are licensed by SNK.

Not Tommo... :D

Edit: Just for the record, I do own the ngx and as far as I am concerned it's a fun little handheld.

But.

They could/should have done a far better job of it in terms of emulation quality.

Last edited:

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Now on a related note, does this make virtual console official, since it does do the emulation better, and displays the games correctly? :D Something the NGX fails to do on both counts. Oh and those are licensed by SNK.
You do know this is 2013 right? What comes out finished anymore? Hell what product even has a decent quality to it that is at a decent price good luck lol.

Not saying it excuses the X but well welcome to the future of unfinished shit and firmware update after update.

btw Detroit and Flint are shit holes. The rest north of it beautiful the lake is beautiful ;)

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
And the acceptance of that attitude is exactly why commercial releases are allowed to do exactly what you describe. If more people chose to NOT accept 'unfinished is ok since everyone is doing it' then it would NOT be the de rigeur standard. If I had known before purchase what I know now, I would have just bought two controllers to use with my pc rig and called it done without furthering support of Tommo's jump into the substandard release bandwagon. I am sorry, but you just cannot use that as an acceptable defense of a commercially released product. If i paid money for it, then it needs to be finished, or at the very least not a beta-level release.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
And the acceptance of that attitude is exactly why commercial releases are allowed to do exactly what you describe. If more people chose to NOT accept 'unfinished is ok since everyone is doing it' then it would NOT be the de rigeur standard. If I had known before purchase what I know now, I would have just bought two controllers to use with my pc rig and called it done without furthering support of Tommo's jump into the substandard release bandwagon. I am sorry, but you just cannot use that as an acceptable defense of a commercially released product. If i paid money for it, then it needs to be finished, or at the very least not a beta-level release.

Wow, something I totally agree with.

This is why i don't bother with modern console gaming. They ship poorly tested software and not only expect the end users to be beta testers, we also get nickeled and dimed to death over content that should have been on the damn disc to start with (and sometimes is!)

Fuck that shit.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Really looking forward to Ninja Master's and Fatal Fury - as well as King of Fighters!

The wrestling game seems interesting, and I've heard good things about the baseball and bowling games. Haven't heard much about Super Sidekicks, but I do really like soccer games. oh wow, how could I forget Metal Slug! I've never played that (or really any of these) before.

A friend online told me about Windjammers, that looks really cool and I hope they release that one day. I'm just excited to actually have an official product and hope to see the whole catalog released!

Never heard of Super Sidekicks? Oh man, are you ever in for a treat! Seriously, those games are my favourite soccer games ever made. You'll be wanting to grab the collection volume that has Super Sidekicks 3 when it drops!

HemlockDrew

New Challenger
Never heard of Super Sidekicks? Oh man, are you ever in for a treat! Seriously, those games are my favourite soccer games ever made. You'll be wanting to grab the collection volume that has Super Sidekicks 3 when it drops!

What's a good SNES/Gamecube soccer game you recommend? (either arcade or simulation) Super Mario Strikers is really fun.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
What's a good SNES/Gamecube soccer game you recommend? (either arcade or simulation) Super Mario Strikers is really fun.

I've always had a huge soft spot for Mega Man Soccer on the SNES. A great balance of soccer and crazy!

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
$31.99 now, I may just have to buy one along with the NGX finally.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i got one of these for $30 and it's worth just that much

feels really cheap and light

i'm not complaining as that's what i was expecting for $30, but it damn sure isn't worth anymore than that

only got it as a quick controller fix for my PC emulation

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Speaking of which, how does it compare to the USB Playstation 3 controller?

More or less the same minus the extra buttons? Or even cheaper feeling?

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Controller showed up today. Wow, this thing is shit. Rings like a bell in my hands when I play. Feels like it was made out of recycled 2liter bottles. The buttons are even loose. I dont think they could have made it any cheaper.

I'm cracking this thing open and stuffing some old rags or something in it. Maybe that will give it a little more weight and feel less hollow.

And worst of all, Half my freaking Taito X2 games wont recognize it. That was the whole reason I bought this thing. The button setup utils see it, lets me map buttons and everything. I get into the game and nothing.

But hey, at least it looks cool on my desk right?