Page 765 of 830 FirstFirst ... 265665715755761762763764765766767768769775815 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,125 of 20744

Thread: Post Your Recent Purchases!

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    No matter how long you waited, it seems crappy that he's making you custom one off systems while some people are seemingly still waiting for their stuff for years?
    Hey, he got his, who cares about everyone else?

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Money talks, money talks!

!!

Sho's Rival

I thought this was well established after HMG left positive feedback for Lenn Yang.
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

No matter how long you waited, it seems crappy that he's making you custom one off systems while some people are seemingly still waiting for their stuff for years?
    What you both don’t know is that I ordered both of mine long before he launched his Kickstarter. Almost a year before it. I ordered and paid for my second unit halfway through the wait of my first.

When he launched his KS, I supported him by ordering a KS unit (3rd unit). Then I ordered another a few months after that.

I’ve even told Rob, don’t worry about my KS unit. Get to everyone else and do mine last. You know I’m patient. Most other people are not, so it’s best if you handle theirs first.

So it really pisses me off when people think I get mine before their bartops... I’ve been the most patient out of everyone. I’ve laid down the most cash. Yet I get shit on? If I really wanted mine before anyone else I could probably pull that string. I could of taken that one contest winners bartop Vewlix if I tried. But I didn’t. I just wait my turn.

It’s true Rob responds to my messages probably faster than other folks. But I’ve been there with him before the madness.
    Last edited by StealthLurker; 08-01-2018 at 05:40 PM.

DrillSlug Driver

If that's really the case, then it's very unprofessional. Imagine Timm selling a finished copy of Kraut Buster early this year, then that lucky bastard of a buyer posting it here as a recent purchase, right after delivery, just to tell us what a great guy Timm is. Would anyone else recognize that kind of greatness, too? I wonder...

Neo*Geomancer

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    What you both don’t know is that I ordered both of mine long before he launched his Kickstarter. Almost a year before it. I ordered and paid for my second unit halfway through the wait of my first.

When he launched his KS, I supported him by ordering a KS unit (3rd unit). Then I ordered another a few months after that.

I’ve even told Rob, don’t worry about my KS unit. Get to everyone else and do mine last. You know I’m patient. Most other people are not, so it’s best if you handle theirs first.

So it really pisses me off when people think I get mine before their bartops... I’ve been the most patient out of everyone. I’ve laid down the most cash. Yet I get shit on? If I really wanted mine before anyone else I could probably pull that string. I could of taken that one contest winners bartop Vewlix if I tried. But I didn’t. I just wait my turn.

It’s true Rob responds to my messages probably faster than other folks. But I’ve been there with him before the madness.
    So, when did you preorder the neo Geo mini? Was that before he launched the Kickstarter? What about the little handhled systems he built you that you kept posting on Instagram?

Look we all know you buy anything that's not bolted down. IDGAF how you spend your money. I just think it's pretty shitty that you would show off something that was built by a guy who is well known on the internet for stringing people along. Get a fucking grip.
    Last edited by DecepticonZero; 08-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    If that's really the case, then it's very unprofessional. Imagine Timm selling a finished copy of Kraut Buster early this year, then that lucky bastard of a buyer posting it here as a recent purchase, right after delivery, just to tell us what a great guy Timm is. Would anyone else recognize that kind of greatness, too? I wonder...
    These side projects and one offs are his strategy to recoup funds he lost on the failed molds he had commissioned and the bunk 3D printer he bought. He’ll need the funds to get back to building the KS bartops.

I haven’t bought all his one offs... he did a SNES Mini (more accurate than the official one) and a PSX Mini.

I don’t quite agree with the strategy, but it’s something. However he is working something out with a secret Angel Investor, and that’s probably the only real way to get back on schedule. Plus he really needs to do some kind of mold. Building each one from scratch using wood like mine just won’t scale to the KS demand.

Neo*Geomancer

These side projects and one offs are his strategy to recoup funds he lost on the failed molds he had commissioned and the bunk 3D printer he bought. He’ll need the funds to get back to building the KS bartops.

I haven’t bought all his one offs... he did a SNES Mini (more accurate than the official one) and a PSX Mini.

I don’t quite agree with the strategy, but it’s something. However he is working something out with a secret Angel Investor, and that’s probably the only real way to get back on schedule. Plus he really needs to do some kind of mold. Building each one from scratch using wood like mine just won’t scale to the KS demand.
    Yeah I've heard about the "investor". For the people who bought these things sake, I hope this person at least helps him refund them their money after waiting literal years. In the mean time, maybe it would be in good taste to not wave his "side projects" in these folks faces.

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

This is actually the second “investor” he’s been in talks with... I hope this one pans out.

Rob really got in over his head with the KS. But his skills are so on point I want to see him eventually succeed. The public is ready with pitchforks and who can blame them. This wait is long even by KS standards
    Last edited by StealthLurker; 08-01-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

His concept behind the one off is this

1. He only builds one, so he doesn’t overcommit
    2. Sale goes to the highest bidder to get the most cash to help build his capital again
    3. They are things he can build now with little cash/investment

Bad thing though is that it still takes him weeks to build one due to his perfectionist nature. I would say he build far less complex things in bulk.
    Last edited by StealthLurker; 08-01-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Neo*Geomancer

His concept behind the one off is this

1. He only builds one, so he doesn’t overcommit
    2. Sale goes to the highest bidder to get the most cash to help build his capital again

Bad thing though is that it still takes him weeks to build one due to his perfectionist nature. I would say he build far less complex things in bulk.
    Maybe he should take that "capital" and refund the folks who have been waiting for years. One at a time, like a perfectionist.

I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

DrillSlug Driver

I don’t quite agree with the strategy, but it’s something.
    I suppose that said strategy hasn't been known to all of his backers from the start, right? Further, shouldn't "don't quite agree" result in a "refuse"? Anyway, it's a tricky situation, but w/o a commentary by Mr. Dunn himself, DecepticonZero has all the arguments. Sure, you're not Dunn, but posting his undelivered goods point blank, with no profund explanations on the background, is a strategy I don't quite agree with.

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Maybe he should take that "capital" and refund the folks who have been waiting for years. One at a time, like a perfectionist.

I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?
    Sure thats an option. Im wondering how many people who kicked in have messaged him about that and what the outcome was.

I guess you could say I’m “white Knighting” hahahaha! Never thought about it that way LOL, but you’re pretty much right. I guess... ive had lots of customs done. By some really talented folks all over the world. Not just video game stuff. But this guy, he’s got IT. ive seen others try to cooy his stuff and its bad. I guess its like seeing a guy with the talent to become the next Jordan, but bullshit just gets in the way. I really want to see the guy succeed and for more people to be able to enjoy his products.

Neo*Geomancer

Sure thats an option. Im wondering how many people who kicked in have messaged him about that and what the outcome was.

I guess you could say I’m “white Knighting” hahahaha! Never thought about it that way LOL, but you’re pretty much right. I guess... ive had lots of customs done. By some really talented folks all over the world. Not just video game stuff. But this guy, he’s got IT. ive seen others try to cooy his stuff and its bad. I guess its like seeing a guy with the talent to become the next Jordan, but bullshit just gets in the way. I really want to see the guy succeed and for more people to be able to enjoy his products.
    Only in this case Mike crowd funded Jordans and couldn't even deliver British Knights.

I'm sure you've bought several plastic factories around the world at this point Uncle Scrooge. If this guy has the "it" factor, maybe you should financially bankroll him. You can't purchase greatness, but this is your moment to grab it!

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    I suppose that said strategy hasn't been known to all of his backers from the start, right? Further, shouldn't "don't quite agree" result in a "refuse"? Anyway, it's a tricky situation, but w/o a commentary by Mr. Dunn himself, DecepticonZero has all the arguments. Sure, you're not Dunn, but posting his undelivered goods point blank, with no profund explanations on the background, is a strategy I don't quite agree with.
    That wasnt the strategy from the start. The strategy was to commission a fiberglass guy to make molds. When the molds failed he was out a lot of capital from the KS.

Compound that with the 3D printer he bought to make the smaller pieces not panning out with usable parts. I dont know why he couldnt return the printer.

Now he is where he is. Chalk it up to inexperience with an operation of this scale. But hey thats the risk of KS right?

“Dont quite agree” but go along with anyway... that happens all the time in life. There must be a time you were in such a situation too. Until another execution is in play, lets just ride this one out and see... Ive been wrong before

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Only in this case Mike crowd funded Jordans and couldn't even deliver British Knights.

I'm sure you've bought several plastic factories around the world at this point Uncle Scrooge. If this guy has the "it" factor, maybe you should financially bankroll him. You can't purchase greatness, but this is your moment to grab it!
    Hahaha!

Ive thought about it LOL. But its not a winning investment... but still i can root for an underdog right?

Sho's Rival

Hahaha!

Ive thought about it LOL. But its not a winning investment...
    So you yourself know it's not a winning investment to back this guy, yet you already backed him by buying units and you're in here defending him?
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

Neo*Geomancer

Hahaha!

Ive thought about it LOL. But its not a winning investment... but still i can root for an underdog right?
    Look, stop the 3/4 scale train that you're riding around your house while you type this and take a second to realize what you just typed. You've been spending the better part of two hours defending a guy who has the "it" factor and is a master at his craft. Who people like yourself should be happy to wait two years for...for just the pleasure to touch the gift he has crafted them. Yet.....you won't invest in it? Why not. Sell one of your storage lockers filled with kazoos. That should fund it.

Ikari Warrior

Man, I forgot all about British Knights.

Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

Robert Garcia's Butler

Wow, that takes me back.

BK's, LA Gear, and Patrick Ewing's... the cheaper alternatives to Nike Pumps, but equally cool.

Neo*Geomancer

Quote Originally Posted by opt2not View Post
    Wow, that takes me back.

BK's, LA Gear, and Patrick Ewing's... the cheaper alternatives to Nike Pumps, but equally cool.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

#Gordon4mod2018

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Quote Originally Posted by Tw3ek View Post
    So you yourself know it's not a winning investment to back this guy, yet you already backed him by buying units and you're in here defending him?
    Look, stop the 3/4 scale train that you're riding around your house while you type this and take a second to realize what you just typed. You've been spending the better part of two hours defending a guy who has the "it" factor and is a master at his craft. Who people like yourself should be happy to wait two years for...for just the pleasure to touch the gift he has crafted them. Yet.....you won't invest in it? Why not. Sell one of your storage lockers filled with kazoos. That should fund it.
    A few thousand vs a couple tens of thousands (which it would probably take) are different things. The NeoGeo Forums is definitely not a place where i’d take financial advice too seriously LOL

Neo*Geomancer

Oh good you're back. I was afraid Willy Wonka pushed you down a rubbish chute. Nobody is trying to give you financial advice. It's all just a big joke like this guys business model. What people are trying to tell you is your "oh well, I got my shit. Positive feedback!!" mentality is fucking disgusting. For some people, these are the only way they can play arcade stuff. They put down 2k, which isn't exactly pocket change for most, and got nothing in return. Just because you continously buy the same shit over and over to show off to your "friends" doesn't mean that everyone does.

TLDR; Have some fucking modesty once and awhile. Maybe you can have your employee in Japan find you some in between his runs to get you a gross of Sega Napkins and 5 cases of Bonk juiceboxes.

King's Barkeep

Oh good you're back. I was afraid Willy Wonka pushed you down a rubbish chute. Nobody is trying to give you financial advice. It's all just a big joke like this guys business model. What people are trying to tell you is your "oh well, I got my shit. Positive feedback!!" mentality is fucking disgusting. For some people, these are the only way they can play arcade stuff. They put down 2k, which isn't exactly pocket change for most, and got nothing in return. Just because you continously buy the same shit over and over to show off to your "friends" doesn't mean that everyone does.

TLDR; Have some fucking modesty once and awhile. Maybe you can have your employee in Japan find you some in between his runs to get you a gross of Sega Napkins and 5 cases of Bonk juiceboxes.

Thread Information