Post Your Recent Purchases!

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Yeah well, uh, good luck. I can be sick with it sometimes and I can't beat stage 2 in gaiares. Prob never beat stage 2 in Raiden Trad. (I don't own it).

It's possible to learn how to swim at the deep end, but when given an alternative, why would you?

*To be fair Gaiares isn't considered hard, I just find it hard*
I don't know, I've heard different things about Gaiares' difficulty.
But you know what, even though I find a lot of shooters especially hard, it's still a ton of fun trying!
And I'm sometimes surprised at games with lower reviews that I end up liking. Like Super Nova and Phalanx!
It's nearly impossible to stabilize the air in such an environment as well.
It requires super-cooling. But the cost of reaching absolute zero inside the case of an optical disc drive is really prohibitive...

embergabor

New Challenger
My PS2 had problems with its component output, namely the component to hdmi adapter couldn't lock on to the signal (Portta non-upscaling box, flashing Signal LED). A ps2 to hdmi stick worked but produced very dark image that the TV could not compensate for, also it had a purple hue. Now I bought a König Scart to HDMI upscaler (it is the same as the generic chinese RGB Scart compatible boxes). Tried it with the PS1 and it worked fine with clean image, 240p is the weak point of it but I knew it upfront. However the PS2 had insane amounts of static on the video line (it was not noticeable on CRT) that I traced back to the OEM power adapter. Basically it had AC noise on the DC line, or more likely on ground because other devices connected to the same scart switcher showed the same pattern even when the ps2 was off. I found a single original Sony power adapter in my city, and buying that solved this issue.
Here's the König:
IMG_0279k.jpg
For interlaced sources it produces an acceptable image and has minor lag and that's enought. I just wanted to plug my ps2 into my big tv (4K Sony tv with only one analog input that is composite) instead of the "small" CRT that I cannot see from the couch. Even though the König can detect the source video mode (PAL, NTSC, PAL60 even) it does not automatically change the output refresh rate. It scales the HDMI input too, but I haven't tested that yet.

Also bought a bunch of Wii controllers: red wiimote, Mayflash w014, white GC controller, Snes and classic controller for VC
IMG_0278k.jpg
Sadly original Nintendo controllers are not available anymore here, I have to buy used ones from ebay.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Raiden Trad for the MD is much harder than the PCE port. It does come a little closer to the PCB as far as ports go. After beating the PCE one I started on the MD port and finally beat it about two weeks ago. Won't be playing it ever again.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
After beating the PCE one I started on the MD port and finally beat it about two weeks ago. Won't be playing it ever again.

Hahaha... I know that feeling with some other hard games I bit too deep into, like that sweet bastard called Captain Lang on the MD. I thought it was kid's stuff, turned out to be hell. Do I have to go back to this hell again? No way.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm not judging you or anything, but that barney game, really? That was a waste of money. And good luck with Warrior of Rome, that game took me 6 months to beat, and I'll never touch that garbage ever again.

Warrior of Rome II was one of my favorite games on the Genny. Just skip there.
The trick is to set your units fighting each other so they gain skill. Then send them back to heal.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Some people dislike the grinding of old.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
BJSvE73h.jpg

I managed to get cannon spike in very good shape, but had to pay the BARE MINIMUM since ebay. The manual/cd is outside the case as I needed to wipe off stuff of the front cover. I really like the inside jewel case artwork, I wish more games nowadays had that. Nintendo switch and a few other consoles do that ,a very nice touch imo.

Cannon Spike is definitely one of my favorite Dreamcast games. Before buying this I already one credited clear it on level 1 baby through level 3 on a burnt copy. Got very close on level 4, but died at 2nd to last boss. I would like to unlock the extra loop, but you need to be on 4 or higher. Game defaults to level 5 normal.

Only thing I wish this port/version had was more credits, mainly for multiplayer. The 4 default credits are shared even in multiplayer. So its either git gud or get wrecked, which depending upon whose playing can be a positive or a negative.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
nice, i just sold a pal cannon spike for the dreamcast. great game indeed.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D great stuff!
won't bother to post a picture, can't be arsed with the bullshit from a few others.
scored a ps2 with four OEM pads and 8m memory cards, chunky model.
came with a Y.Pb.Pr. cable, also official.
have a few third party noname cables, very thick and works as good as official, and checked the new console with em. :D
[edit]
silver ps2. :p

WF72

n00b
I just bought my first ever SNK console: A Neo Geo Pocket Color! I also got a Flash Masta cart. All together about $130. Not cheap, but I was eyeing it for ages and I just finally decided to bite the bullet.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I went to "Retropalooza Houston" yesterday, which was basically just a big ass garage sale and really not worth the trip and ticket cost, but I did manage to get a really good deal on a nice model 2 Genesis and Sega CD.

It was a complete in box unit some guy was trying to sell for like $299. I asked him if he'd sell it without the box and he seemed a bit reluctant but agreed and said he'd do $175 for the Sega CD along with the Genesis (saying he had too many model 2's he was trying to get rid of), or just the Sega CD by itself for $125. I told him I'd think about it and came back around to his booth like 30 minutes later and asked if I could take a look at the system. He pulled it out of the box and both items were in amazing condition with no scratches, no dust, no crap stuck in the cracks -- and on top of that, the Genesis model 2 is a VA4 with the better FM chip/DAC. I guess he forgot what he originally offered, because he told me it was $100 for both systems, original power adapters, authentic stereo av cable, and a controller. He started digging for a spare Genesis controller, but I got him to give me a Saturn controller instead for a project.

Everything works great. The only thing I need to do is replace the battery in the Sega CD.

qDzwriK.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Scooped a New 3DS XL. Amazon had the all black ones (gregn edition) for $183, then when I clicked it Amazon said they were discounting it to $175. Never seen that happen where you get an Amazon discount after clicking on a product. Considering it was only $25 more than the 2DS, I scooped.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Went to a local once-a-year swap meet in North-Central MN (Itasca County). About 500 vendors - my folks had a booth so we swung over for the afternoon to help out / poke around.

It's a nice event, prices aren't terrible and there really is something for everyone. For me today it was Duluth Fishing Decoy's. The owner/carver of DFD had a stall which was super exciting to see. Normally you can only get these through direct special order, through the gallery he consigns them too, or ebay. All 3 of those options are pricey - so was a real treat to get to them before he consigned or before resellers grabbed. Was also pretty cool just to talk to him about where the idea came from, his process, etc.

Anyways - I grabbed a total of 4 of them. 2 I get to display right away, and the other 2 my wife hid away for Christmas which works because my memory is miserable and I never have ideas to give my wife.

Here's the two I grabbed:
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Also found a seller with a couple Swedish Dala. I collect both roosters and horses, but definitely rarer to find roosters in the wild. Not a great price, $30, but in a shop it'd be $55 for one this size and on ebay about $35 plus shipping, so it was a pretty easy buy.

enhance

enhance

Oh, also grabbed a Switch and some games from estarland, which can be seen the background of most pics.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I love Aerobiz Supersonic; trying to become an airport tycoon is so much fun, it's easy to lose a ton of hours playing the game. Any other fans of Aerobiz?

The SNES soundtrack is fantastic. I played the original game once, but it was too slow and too long for my tastes. I still want to give Supersonic a try one day.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Went to a local once-a-year swap meet in North-Central MN (Itasca County). About 500 vendors - my folks had a booth so we swung over for the afternoon to help out / poke around.

It's a nice event, prices aren't terrible and there really is something for everyone. For me today it was Duluth Fishing Decoy's. The owner/carver of DFD had a stall which was super exciting to see. Normally you can only get these through direct special order, through the gallery he consigns them too, or ebay. All 3 of those options are pricey - so was a real treat to get to them before he consigned or before resellers grabbed. Was also pretty cool just to talk to him about where the idea came from, his process, etc.

Anyways - I grabbed a total of 4 of them. 2 I get to display right away, and the other 2 my wife hid away for Christmas which works because my memory is miserable and I never have ideas to give my wife.

Here's the two I grabbed:
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

This might be a stupid question, but do you actually fish with those, or are they art pieces in the style of decoys?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I love the Swedish Dala style. I didn't know about the roosters, though - just horses. Very cool.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Not stupid at all. They are working decoys - complete w/eye (for line) and if they are lead filled (see bottom of decoy). Glass eyes and all paint is sealed to withstand water.

Most spearfishing is illegal in MN though (can spearfish if Native American, or if fishing only for invasive rough fish).

So for me, these are mostly folk art pieces. The carver estimates 75/25 ratio on his decoys (75 being as folk art pieces and 25 as working decoys).

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
My grandma got me a some of those little roosters and wooden Swedish horses when I was a kid. IIRC they beat to hell in a box somewhere because we actually played with them quite a bit.