Post Your Recent Purchases!

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Like it? My wife’s super into that cat collection game. While it’s weird and Japanese, ninja cat looks cool.

Not gonna lie, I got my wife into NA. It was a nice distraction at work for awhile, but I've quit. She's still on it, though, so I hear about updates.

What can I say? I like cats.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Both seasons of SAC, the 3 OVAs and a lovely artbook...

5Znt1Jr.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/XQwRTiE

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Avengers Capcom PCB top down beat-em up. Just need a Capcom classic jamma converter for it now, James is going to hook me up.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Finally got hold of a Waku Waku 7 poster that wasn't for the Saturn port:

41936714045_e5fccdb48b.jpg

Also picked up this cool Neo Geo CD / FF3 promo:

41027004780_ebd7d83504.jpg

And finally, after much searching got this:

41027004030_f92890fb63.jpg

Which gives me a sealed set no less!

28964680878_e321e3a1df.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
20180616_191651.jpg
20180616_191626.jpg

Via the switch on top, you can choose between extended ram and regular ram. No more copying files before loading games (provided the game was designed to look for a cart to save to).

But you need to have the power off to use the switch.

J3ster

n00b
Finally got hold of a Waku Waku 7 poster that wasn't for the Saturn port:

41936714045_e5fccdb48b.jpg

Also picked up this cool Neo Geo CD / FF3 promo:

41027004780_ebd7d83504.jpg

And finally, after much searching got this:

41027004030_f92890fb63.jpg

Which gives me a sealed set no less!

28964680878_e321e3a1df.jpg

Woah epic posters. I'm also after couple of posters for the decoration, may i ask where did you scored them? :)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Woah epic posters. I'm also after couple of posters for the decoration, may i ask where did you scored them? :)

Thanks!

They're all direct from Japan. Not gonna find stuff like this round these parts unfortunately.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
What's up with the white stuff spattered on the front of that thing? Either someone was eating cereal and watching something REALLY funny, or that VCR is no stranger to the Vivid catalog.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
It appears to be abrasion marks of the top matte coating of the plastic. I will have to use a magic eraser to smooth it over. Tried playing a VHS and it worked for a little bit, then refused to eject. It would power on for 5-10 seconds with a vhs then shut off.Took the thing apart and decided it wasn't worth trying to get it out since I would have to take the whole chassis out.

The final hail mary was turning it upside down and it actually ejected the vhs tape. Oh well, still a nice looking tube with the intended way to play games via composite. I mainly wanted it for DDR setup. It still works with composite without shutting off so its all good.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've been practicing with an old and pretty rudimentary soldering iron as of late as there a number of projects I'd like to do, so after about a year's worth of letting the idea of getting a nice soldering station sit on the proverbial back burner, I finally pulled the trigger on the Hakko FX-888D. I've done my research and heard great things, especially for the price point, so it's time to take the plunge on some fun projects like the GBA screen mod and regulator!

csQi1fo.jpg

West

Mr. Big's Thug
I've been practicing with an old and pretty rudimentary soldering iron as of late as there a number of projects I'd like to do, so after about a year's worth of letting the idea of getting a nice soldering station sit on the proverbial back burner, I finally pulled the trigger on the Hakko FX-888D. I've done my research and heard great things, especially for the price point, so it's time to take the plunge on some fun projects like the GBA screen mod and regulator!

You won't be sorry. The Hakko is one of the best workbench purchases I've ever made.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
View attachment 50520
View attachment 50521

Via the switch on top, you can choose between extended ram and regular ram. No more copying files before loading games (provided the game was designed to look for a cart to save to).

But you need to have the power off to use the switch.

That looks pretty slick. How has it been working for you? I've flash a cart with Pseudo Saturn, but having all the extra functionality in one device sounds awesome.

You won't be sorry. The Hakko is one of the best workbench purchases I've ever made.

I've had this iron sitting in my Amazon shopping list for awhile now. I need to finally pull the trigger so I can learn how to solder and finally become a man