Post Your Recent Purchases!

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Which is the better version of Salamander PC-Engine or Saturn? I've played Life Force and love that game.

So far I'd say Saturn, as it looks to be arcade perfect. It starts with a rom check screen so it's possibly emulated.

yobrewster

n00b
Just bought a Neo-Geo 2 Slot cabinet!
IMG_2691.JPG

We're considering buying a game elf (the adapter for that one is already on its way) but finding a JAMMA to MVS adapter seems next to impossible! If you have one laying around one that you no longer use, PM me please :).

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Just bought a Neo-Geo 2 Slot cabinet! [...] finding a JAMMA to MVS adapter seems next to impossible! If you have one laying around one that you no longer use, PM me please :).
Nice get, looks great. If you can't make an adapter yourself*, you'll most likely have to find someone to build one for you. There are lots of people on this site who could do it...

*it isn't all that hard. All cab owners schould learn how to solder and some basics about electronics...

sorry, that's a boot.

yobrewster

n00b
Nice get, looks great. If you can't make an adapter yourself*, you'll most likely have to find someone to build one for you. There are lots of people on this site who could do it...

*it isn't all that hard. All cab owners schould learn how to solder and some basics about electronics...

sorry, that's a boot.

Well I could make an adapter myself but the ones you buy contain components besides the simple rewiring. Any idea what the goal is of those components?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Magical Drop WFT, congrats on the cab. Game Elf is shit, if you NEED jamma, get a second cab like a SEGA candy.

liquid_poo said:
Wow..........love sparkster & saturn shmup (forgot the name)!!!!

I don't see any saturn shooter there. Dynamite Headdy is the Gem there imho. Treasure's underrated masterpiece!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Magical Drop WFT, congrats on the cab. Game Elf is shit, if you NEED jamma, get a second cab like a SEGA candy.

I don't see any saturn shooter there. Dynamite Headdy is the Gem there imho. Treasure's underrated masterpiece!

I guess he assumes Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru is one.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I guess he assumes Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru is one.

That's the one I was talking about!!! so it's not a shmup?
I know this game is pricey and I thought it's a shmup..........dang

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Other than tracking down Sonic, my NGPC collection is pretty much complete:
IMG_0877.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

You got to play this semi-turd with auto fire and there's a reticle involved, so ironically, you're not too far away with your assumption.

lwizardl

n00b
The first part of a new system for me. I have never owned one of these until now.

ZXSpectrumPlus-01.jpg

ZXSpectrumPlus-05.jpg

ZXSpectrumPlus-06.jpg

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
The first part of a new system for me. I have never owned one of these until now.

ZXSpectrumPlus-01.jpg

was tempted to buy one of these a few months back. always wanted to try the teenage mutant ninja turtles games on the spectrem. nice to see you were able to get a one complete with the box and in good nick.

IMG_0877.jpg

nice one madman.just beautiful,mini aes games.i'm planning on starting a neo pocket collection once the mvs collecting is out the way.

neo pocket collecting > aes collecting :lolz:

lwizardl

n00b
was tempted to buy one of these a few months back. always wanted to try the teenage mutant ninja turtles games on the spectrem. nice to see you were able to get a one complete with the box and in good nick.

Thanks bogard! I have been looking for one for about a year and when I got the chance to get it I had to get it. Found out one of the best modules are the ones made by Samsung, turns out that is the one I got. I have to wait for the second box to arrive since it has the power cable and some other stuff in the box.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Thanks bogard! I have been looking for one for about a year and when I got the chance to get it I had to get it. Found out one of the best modules are the ones made by Samsung, turns out that is the one I got. I have to wait for the second box to arrive since it has the power cable and some other stuff in the box.

didn't know there were other versions of the spectrum made by a different company. i've been a huge sega saturn fan from day one,and only until the mid 2000's did i find out that other companies such as hitachi have made there own versions of the console lol.

lwizardl

n00b
didn't know there were other versions of the spectrum made by a different company. i've been a huge sega saturn fan from day one,and only until the mid 2000's did i find out that other companies such as hitachi have made there own versions of the console lol.

I had no idea either, the motherboard on the spectrums have "issue **" and from what I can tell says what revision of the system you have. Mine says 4S which I was told is Samsung. I am also a fan of the Saturn and even the 3DO. Which all had systems made by someone else.

You can find a list of the "issue" here http://www.dataserve-retro.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d5.html

sir arthur

War Room Troll

It was made by the same guy who created Ikaruga and Radiant Sivergun (Iroshi Iuchi). It's a run and gun, so yes, technically is not a shmup

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
XPCEREP_zps4cy8sfjh.png

Beside getting xenoblade cx finally a few pce works repro's.
Bonk III
Dynastic Hero
Dungeon Explorer II

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Well I could make an adapter myself but the ones you buy contain components besides the simple rewiring. Any idea what the goal is of those components?
Those should mainly be for the audio... which (besides -5V (not required by many games)) is the main difference between JAMMA and MVS. Do some searching, there should be a guide somewhere or maybe you can figure out how to whip up your own converter from some high res photos of existing ones. Here's a useful post by Nightmare Tony. You could also try to contact Terot, he used to make these not too long ago. Or maye other members (Xian Xi, Lemony Vengeance, bustedstr8, ...?) might take pity on you ;)

If you want a loose cart, let me know. Got an extra in a bundle recently.

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I love the KOF series but I'll be honest I'm finding I need to spend some serious time with each one to get the most of them.

I haven't put many hours into 99 yet - I'm trying to play through each one in turn until I can complete them with ease.

The Egret II is nice, I plan on using it for CAVE games mainly :)

All depends i guess if you have people round to play 2 player as that's the only way to get the most out of it as the CPU AI pisses me off big time especially the bosses :glee:, still defo prefer the Real Bout series over KOF.