FS: Custom JAMMA PCB to MVS Cabinet Adapters

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
UPDATED INFORMATION – 12/09/2013
The Good News: I have completed the third batch of adapters and have attached some pictures of the cleaned up design below. This batch was the best batch yet and I am in the process of building a new one for myself with this design. I have also posted two videos showing off the proto-type adapter below.

The Ba… Er… Other News: JammaBoards.com has restocked their JAMMA PCB to NeoGeo MVS Cabinet Adapters. Their price is lower than mine, around $33 shipped.

The Bottom Line: I can’t reduce the price of my adapter to compete with JammaBoards.com so I recommend buying from them while they have them in stock. If you don’t want to buy from them for some reason, or just want a handmade adapter, I will still make them upon request for $45.00 shipped (in the lower 48).

Feel free to PM me if you are interested!

UPDATED INFORMATION – 11/22/2013
An Update for my Canadian Friends: Price for the new inline adapter shipped to Ontario is $47.50.

UPDATED INFORMATION – 11/18/2013
Hello All! I finished the first batch of adapters this past weekend and you can see some picture of the first inline adapter I completed below. I also have some bits of news:

The Bad News: Going into this project my goal was to quickly produce these adapters for as close to cost as I could in order to help forum members like myself who do not have any other options. Unfortunately, building the adapters took much longer than I initially anticipated. I want to continue to make adapters for forum members who need them; however, I cannot sell them for as cheap as I originally wanted too. Going forward I will have to charge some money for the time it takes me to build the adapters.

The Good News: I am currently working on tweaking the design to incorporate some of the feedback I have gotten from this thread and I am happy to announce all future adapters will allow for stereo audio. To make switching between mono and stereo as simple as possible I will be using a standard 3.5mm (headphone) jack. The mono audio from the board side will be have a male 3.5mm cable that will plug into a female 3.5mm jack that is attached to the cabinet side of the adapter. This will allow for easily attaching stereo from a separate connector on your PCB or just using the mono supplied by the JAMMA edge.

The Bottom Line: The price for the inline adapter will now be $45.00 shipped (in the lower 48). If you are outside the US and want an adapter PM me your address and I will give you the price shipped to your location.

Please PM me if you are interested!

ORIGINAL POST – 11/07/2013
Hello All,
As a new owner of a 2-slot MVS cabinet I found it extremely frustrating that I could not find a premade JAMMA PCB to Neo Geo MVS Cabinet adapter for sale on the internet. JammaBoards.com does sell these adapters but they seem to have been out of stock for quite a while now. I ended up ordering a finger board and a harness and building my own adapter. I polled the forum and it looks like there is enough interest for me to go ahead and put some of these together. I can do a small inline adapter (like the ones JammaBoards.com does not have in stock) or a harness extension cable. If you are interested let me know as I will be ordering the necessary parts by the end of the week. Prices are as follows:
Inline Adapter: $28 + shipping to you
20” Harness Extension Cable Adapter: $38 + shipping to you

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Hello All,
As a new owner of a 2-slot MVS cabinet I found it extremely frustrating that I could not find a premade JAMMA PCB to Neo Geo MVS Cabinet adapter for sale on the internet. JammaBoards.com does sell these adapters but they seem to have been out of stock for quite a while now. I ended up ordering a finger board and a harness and building my own adapter. I polled the forum and it looks like there is enough interest for me to go ahead and put some of these together. I can do a small inline adapter (like the ones JammaBoards.com does not have in stock) or a harness extension cable. If you are interested let me know as I will be ordering the necessary parts by the end of the week. Prices are as follows:
Inline Adapter: $28 + shipping to you
20” Harness Extension Cable Adapter: $38 + shipping to you

The harness plus extension cables are really useful. I had one years ago I used in my standup MVS, and it was so nice when having to find room for bigger JAMMA boards. Plus, the fingerboard can be tough to hookup and tear down due to it just being a very tight fit and a limited amount of area to pull and work with. Definitely glad to see someone on the forums has stepped up to make these, as JAMMABoards.com seems to have given up on them.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The good thing about the jammaboards adapter is the stereo sound output. Please consider having that as an option for your adapter too. Just a suggestion :)

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Once I see the final product and a review from a few members I'll more than likely take one of these for sure...it just feels weird playing TMNT and Simpsons on a sit down candy cabinet:/ Much prefer to play them on a stand up Neo cabinet...

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ordered the parts for the first batch yesterday, will post some pictures of the final product this weekend.

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I don't know if its too late to get in on the first batch but I need one of these adapters. I just got a 138-in-1 mvs cart but the board is jamma, so i get a garbage screen when trying to play in my mvs cab. As soon as you have an adapter ready for me I'll take one! I would also agree a stereo output option would be great. not sure if i'll get stereo on this with the 138-in-1 connected.

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just finished building the first adaptor. I am posting some photos below. I am working on deciding how to include stereo and keep the adaptor looking nice. I am thinking about doing it using a 3.5mm audio jack. I am working on the second adaptor tonight and will see if I can't find the spare parts to try out that setup. Also, depending on how quickly I can get the second adaptor together I might have to increase the price as the first took longer than expected and the price of parts for stereo will need to added.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Kurlander1

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a complete newbie to this forum so I apologize if the question I am posing makes no sense. I just bought a Neo Geo MV-1F. The board is fried (getting a backup ram error). I want to swap out the Neo Geo Board and put in a jamma board and from my limited research the adapter you're selling is necessary because the sound components of the Jamma Boards and the Neo Geo boards are incomp0atable. My Neo-Geo board has a mono-stereo switch. Does that factor into whether I need an adapter? If so how do I PM you? Thanks.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Kurlander, if you were using your MV-1F board in a cabinet without an adapter before you don't need this adapter for a JAMMA board.

This adapter is to be able to play a JAMMA board in an MVS wired cabinet. The only NeoGeo boards that are MVS wired are the 2,4, and 6 slot boards. All of the single slot boards are JAMMA wired, so you wouldn't use this.

I actually use one of these types of adapters to be able to use a single slot in my MVS wired cabinet ;)

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kurlander, if you were using your MV-1F board in a cabinet without an adapter before you don't need this adapter for a JAMMA board.

This adapter is to be able to play a JAMMA board in an MVS wired cabinet. The only NeoGeo boards that are MVS wired are the 2,4, and 6 slot boards. All of the single slot boards are JAMMA wired, so you wouldn't use this.

I actually use one of these types of adapters to be able to use a single slot in my MVS wired cabinet ;)

Indeed, unless you have a multi-slot cabinet you do not need this adapter. You can easily tell if your cabinet is multi-slot if it has a select button (or check out hardmvs.com). If you do have a multi-slot cabinet you should be using an adapter in order to protect the PCB's audio circuitry.

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just finished the second batch of JAMMA to Multi-Slot adapters and an Astroids Deluxe to Astroids Adapter. Will be ordering parts again soon, PM me if you are interested in getting an adapter by Christmas.

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pictures of the cleaned up design I used for the last batch of adapters:
Adapter 1.jpgAdapter 2.jpg

Videos showing off the prototype adapter:

ShaunRF

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is an old post, but do you still sell these? Jammaboards is out of stock again and I'm not aware of anyone else that sells them.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sure, let me warm up the time machine. Can you grab me a coffee on your way here? Actually forget it, I'll have gotten me one on the way back.

Terot

Kabuki Klasher
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know this is an old post, but do you still sell these? Jammaboards is out of stock again and I'm not aware of anyone else that sells them.

Sorry to hear that JammaBoards has stopped selling the adapters again. I can make you an adapter but I am unsure if I have any components left over from my last batch. If I don't I will need to source new parts and the price might change. I will check tonight and let you know. Also, if I do have to order new parts, it is always cheaper if I order in bulk so if anyone else is interested please go ahead an reply or send me a PM.

ShaunRF

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, it is much appreciated. Trying to put a 1-slot board in my 2-slot cabinet without cutting up the harness, and also giving me the option of buying a couple JAMMA boards in the future. I like your setup for stereo sound too.

ShaunRF

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI, even if you have to order new parts and raise the price a little, I will probably tell you to shut up and take my money :P

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to purchase an adapter. Jammaboards.com no longer exists. If anyone knows of another place to purchase them, please let me know. I would PM Terot, but it wont allow me.