Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramenjam

n00b
"The Berlin beat'em'up is a pretty awesome idea though, I get tons of inspiration from this one. "

This sounds like a Beats of Rage mod ;)

aria

Former Moderator
"The Berlin beat'em'up is a pretty awesome idea though, I get tons of inspiration from this one. "

This sounds like a Beats of Rage mod ;)

:D

Personally, I would love to see a Neo game similar a visual style of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game (sort of an update of the River City Ransom style) --I highly recommended PSN/X-box live game, and recommend the movie its based off of even more (both are based on a comic, which is the weakest of the three IMO).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
:lol:

You guys crack me up. The Berlin beat'em'up is a pretty awesome idea though, I get tons of inspiration from this one. The town is certainly a perfect place for a Final Fight style game.

Getting staff with realistic character animation experience is very difficult though. Not sure if something like this could be pulled off.

I added the idea to my black book:cool:

What about doing a kickstarter to get a beat em up made by you guys?

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
What about doing a kickstarter to get a beat em up made by you guys?

Well, something like that needs a lot of planing.

We currently have these expensive projects on our kickstarter candidate list:

A run'n'gun, an action adventure like Castlevania and a beat'em'up

Currently we are already busy with two games though.
The decision needs to me made after the "Ikari" project is nearly finished.
We will make all those games anyway, it's just a question of order :mr_t:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
We will make all those games anyway, it's just a question of order :mr_t:

That's nice to hear. I better start saving up then. Can't wait for that beat'em up though. The Neo is really lacking in that area.

How far along are you guys with the "Ikari" project?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hope the Ikari game has some funky futuristic weapons. If you guys haven't made the weapons yet I have a few ideas.

A "penetrating" grenade launcher - Shoot it at an enemy it gets planted in his chest and he explodes, kinda gory I know.
A "whip" type - Lash it on an enemy and he becomes a weapon as you fling him around, and since he's panicking he is also shooting while being flung around.
A "Doomsday" laser weapon - Instantly turn enemies to ash/dust. Of course very limited ammo.
Maybe an acid type weapon, maybe.

Marked Wolf
Come to think of it, is any of NG: DEV's titles 2 player cooperative?

The "Ikari" will be our first 2 player game.
I consider those games, buddy games. They are best played with 2 or more people. Same goes for the run'n'gun or beat'em'up

>How far along are you guys with the "Ikari" project?

It won't be finished before 2013. However there will be another game in 2012 :cool:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I consider those games, buddy games. They are best played with 2 or more people. Same goes for the run'n'gun or beat'em'up

It won't be finished before 2013. However there will be another game in 2012 :cool:

Since NTM is closing in on replicating the 4 player Kizuna board, do you think in the future NGDEV might think about a 4 player simultaneous game?

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
looking forward for more awesome games :)

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Oh yeah, the kickstarter for Redux has reached its goal already. Is that the next title for 2012?

Marked Wolf
>Since NTM is closing in on replicating the 4 >player Kizuna board, do you think in the future >NGDEV might think about a 4 player >simultaneous game?

Unfortunately that is rather unlikely. This board only works on a single type of MVS and not at all on AES.
I will get one to play around with it though.

Oh yeah, the kickstarter for Redux has reached its goal already. Is that the next title for 2012?

NG: DEV.TEAM as a company is not involved in Redux.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Oh man this is some great news, I gotta start saving! I didn't hear anything about this other game to be released this year. What the heck is it? :D

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I didn't hear anything about this other game to be released this year. What the heck is it? :D

I'm pretty sure that was the first time it was mentioned. There has been all this talk about an "Ikari" type game that I assumed it would be the next release. So, lets have some more details. What's the story with this game that's coming out within the next 6 months?

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
Are regular "new" snaplock cases from SNK used for Gunlord and Fast Striker or does NG.DEV.Team use their own cases?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
The coolness of Ikari/Guevara comes from the rotary stick IMO...missed chance for ShockTroopers series...

modded_top_view.jpg

Can't remember the whole Iritating Maze thread, but would it be possible to hook a rotary stick (using interrupts like in the mahjong controller)?

Status
Not open for further replies.