Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Found a nice gameplay video on youtube:

I don't think that it was posted before. Or was it?

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
i was playing story mode again last night; made it to the last boss [way harder on 1.1] almost had him though.

is anyone playing this game for real, or everyone is just quarter feeding?

mid-boss on stage 3 is by far my favorite, [the one over the acid pool] bad-ass sprite, and he keeps you on your toes.

Yea it usually takes me 3 attempts to get that final boss, but I've done it on the first attempt as well. I'm sure I could 1cc story mode if I didn't 100% every level, but I'm almost to the point where I can do it while finding just about everything. Those last two levels are still taking up quite a few lives to get through for me though.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I've been playing Gunlord for a couple of weeks now. Managed to finish it last weekend. Still haven't upgraded to 1.1 though.

I would give the game a 7.5 / 10. It's a solid good game. What lets it down a bit for me is that some levels seem a bit "unfinished" It's like they ran out of time and just said fuck it, this level can end here. Maybe the levels just needed to be a little more balanced. It seems level 1-3 is longer than the rest of the game combined. If anything it should be the other way around I feel, make the levels longer the further you go into the game. If the standard of the game from levels 1-3 was maintained through out I would probably tack on an extra point and make it an 8.5 / 10 game.

That's my only complaint with it and im sure NG "BIG TOOTH SMILEY" TEAM would probably confess over a beer or two that in the end they had to scale it back a bit to get it out the door. Cool game and a great effort by them none the less.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Here is a picture of our new NEOGEO AES Devkit 2.0.
The capacity of our dev. cartridges is 3106 MEGS, our biggest game so far is Fast Striker with over 1500 MEGS.

The system supports both MVS and AES, shown are the AES cart PCBs.

ngdt_aes_devkit.jpg

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
That's what i love about you guys and i can't wait to see what you plan to do with the new hardware in the future.

Also, I'd love to put one of those devkits into a home console shell.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Nice, that means you guys keep working! I know probably the general thinking here is that a "flash" cart is out of the question. However, if you guys sold something like the above with all the appropriate locks and such, would it be easier and more cost effective to sell the mother cart as an option to regular carts, and then offer downloadable games for it in a 30-40 USD price range?

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
....would it be easier and more cost effective to sell the mother cart as an option to regular carts, and then offer downloadable games for it in a 30-40 USD price range?

If it takes them a year roughly to develop a new game from start to finish, how could they possibly make any money selling games (even as a download) for anywhere near 30 or 40 dollars?

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
It just seems that they have the technology to do that. Yes, nothing is going to happen anyway. However, NG DEV and others have mentioned that most of the cost of the MVS and AES games is the pcb itself. Check the prices on the DC vesion of the games: same game, much cheaper.

alphatrion

n00b
Gun Lord Cheat

So has anybody been able to figure out the level cheat yet? I haven't been able to.

Liking the new 3000 megabit cartridge. Hmm, perhaps Gun Lord 2 clocking in at over 3000 megabits!! Bring it on.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
So has anybody been able to figure out the level cheat yet? I haven't been able to.

Liking the new 3000 megabit cartridge. Hmm, perhaps Gun Lord 2 clocking in at over 3000 megabits!! Bring it on.

I'm jumping my gun here also but, I too would love to see a pt. 2 in development. Hell its still a ways before the AES is ready. But, I love any Turrican based game so :D Very good things to come from these guys can't wait.:)

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
To me it didn't sound as if they were interested in making another game like gunlord, sadly.

Just a wild quess but could they possibly be working on a music game?

valgalder

Kula's Candy
I just want to see them make more shooters. That or a co-op beat em' up

Yep! Can never have enough (just look at the Japanese Saturn, or PC Engine) If they make another, I hope it will be in handdrawn sprites this time, since they did that obviously well with Gun Lord.

alphatrion

n00b
beat em up

I just want to see them make more shooters. That or a co-op beat em' up

Yes, I also was hoping they would make something like a combination of Streets of Rage 2 and Final Fight. Now that would be an awesome game weighing in at 3000 megs. Cool music, great looking levels, great boss fights. I think that would be a great game for NG Dev. to tackle.

neoXmen

n00b

Yes, I would like to see the next game be Gun Lord 2. I don't really like the idea of jumping around from genre to genre in games. Look how great sequel games like Metal Slug 2 and 3 turned out. I think if they spend more time perfecting a specific game with a sequel they can hit the greatness level of other games. Gun Lord 1 is a very good game but has a lot of room for improvement and the potential for a sequel that might be one of the best Neo-Geo games of all time.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Version 1.1 still has some issues.

Sometimes I am able to make the game freeze up if i spam the bouncing ball weapon

alphatrion

n00b

Sometimes I am able to make the game freeze up if i spam the bouncing ball weapon

Oh geez, Here comes gun lord update 1.2 LOL Everybody crack open your cartridge shells.

I think these carts need some kind of 4G wire
less built in so it can update automatically every time it boots up. I'm joking. NG Dev is a great company, but just need more beta testing before they send these things out.

aria

Former Moderator

They should have a new rule: you break the game in a new way, you get a T-shirt!

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf

Do you use autofire circuits?
Does this happen a specific parts of the stage?
Any tips for our testers to pull this off?

@SNKorSWM

At this point all AES delays are based on the packaging. Once we have the complete AES packaging on stock everything will go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.