Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Im having problems too. I havent done the upgrade yet, need to get the right usb cable.

Im not able to insert a credit, i can skip through the intro but that is it. Also the unibios screens are all screwed up so im not able to try different settings in there either. Im using an analogue interactive cmvs and the joystick from them too.

so i noticed that too, and thought it was just me again. It would make a credit sound, but it wouldnt show credits. Started fine tho.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
US NGH preordered for both Gunlord and FS!

As I'm in the Euro zone I haven't got the problem with conversion rates making the game even more expensive luckily.

I still think NGDEVs games are worth every cent.

Last edited:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I preordered the US AES version of Gun Lord and Fast Striker. Also grabbed the DC "catch up" pack with LH, FS and GL. Can't wait for Gun Lord especially, the game looks hot as hell.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Ya I preordered the US version. It took me about a month to decide, lol. I kept on debating with myself back and forth if I should go w/ US or JP.
I'm also thinking about preordering Fast Striker AES as well. Leaning towards the JP one, but both box arts look great imo.

if I can make enough money on THQ stock, then I will probably go ahead and preorder both US and JP :)

Last edited:

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
So, does anyone who has received the game and played it feels like it needs another revision? or should 1.1 be the final revision.
I am not trolling, just feel it was legit to ask in this forum and see what others think.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Personally, I don't see any issues with 1.1. I haven't played through the entire game so I'm basing this on the first 5 levels only. It's quite challenging now. The bosses put up a good fight and I haven't noticed any glitches or anything. Like I said before, this is the way the game should have been from the start.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
I do agree with you, the gameplay is solid. I just wonder if any people felt that other things should be addressed. Personally, I do think that the explosions derived from the character's drop bombs should sound as explosions. The FX sounds could stand out more to give a good impact. I remember for example that some games in the snes gave options for the FX or Music levels. Also would be nice to have the how to play screen or dip switch difficulty setting. Those are minor detail but I thought that people may had other things to say.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I pre-ordered US AES for both Gunlord and Fast Striker, really excited to play them both.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I did. Sent them a lenghty email with pictures, a video and some general input.

Problem is that if they were to address all the little things to make the game really polished and close to perfect then they would probably have to delay the release of the home carts and dreamcast disc even more. I doubt they would want to do that, since there are quite a few customers bitching already. (that's NOT what they told me. These are my own asumptions.)
I personally would be ok with another delay, because the game deserves that little extra attention.

And just to make it clear:
I don't mean to bash NG:DEV.TEAM or the game. I still think that they did an amazing job and playing the game really is fun. I do not regret spending the money and it will be the most expensive cart in my "collection". IMO it's a much better game than many of the official releases as it is. It's just that i took the time to really look for things that most wouldn't even notice when playing the game.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah they told me most customer would not accept more than one update, that's why I shoot the question here to see what this community thinks.
I was checking the watermelon site ( the guys that made pier solar for the genesis/mega drive) and despite the cute settings of their web page, I could see a poll system to decide things as what should be their next game, which platform to lunch it to, etc.
If I were to buy a final AES version, I personally would want it to be the. Very best version since there will be no other updates. Having said that I do support ngdev team and their games, just my 2 cents

pipes

If I were to buy a final AES version, I personally would want it to be the very best version since there will be no other updates.

I don't think anyone who bought an AES copy will have to worry about that. I'm positive the AES version will be the final version.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
According to the developers, 1.1 is the final version. I would really like to have more updates, but I guess me and some others are too few for another update to be made.

pipes

According to the developers, 1.1 is the final version. I would really like to have more updates, but I guess me and some others are too few for another update to be made.

They will never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time with any game no matter how many updates they produce. I think they made the changes that absolutely needed to be made and anything else is just personal preference.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
That is correct and I agree. However an update option is an amazing thing to just not use. If the developers had an open poll system in their site (similar to WM site), that would reflect customers opinion and not individual ones.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
I Finally had the chance to sit down and play GunLord.

Only played through the first 3 levels so far - but what I've seen and played so far I think is very impressive. It looks damn good! I would put it in my top 20 Neo Geo games for sure. I really can't get over how impressed I am, honestly. They really did a great job on this.

pipes

Nice idea about starting that thread. I have to find some time to really put some effort into the game.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
How much harder is the 1.1 game, compared to the 1.0 version? Twice as hard? What exactly did they change? Did they make the snake laser weaker? Do any of the weapons cause less damage?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How much harder is the 1.1 game, compared to the 1.0 version? Twice as hard? What exactly did they change? Did they make the snake laser weaker? Do any of the weapons cause less damage?

From what I remember reading the difficulty went up a little and the snake laser is now a charge type weapon where you can only use it for so long before you need to let it charge up to use again. Before the update I think the snake weapon lasted forever and now it lasts about 8-10 seconds before needing to charge but it's one of those use as it charges weapons.

pipes

What exactly did they change? Did they make the snake laser weaker? Do any of the weapons cause less damage?

Here it is....

Version 1.1

Changes:

General:

- Reduced menu speed
- Removed auto centering
- Beam is now limited in use, its power recharges slowly but can also be replenished with violet orb items. A violet energy bar was added to the bottom of the HUD.

Bosses:

- Reworked all bosses to provide a more interesting and challenging fight.
- Each boss got additionally attack patterns.

Reworked stage 2 / Air Stride:

- added bullets patterns and suicide bullets for enemies
- spiced up stage
- added some enemy death fx

Details:

- Added visible boss energy bar in boss fights
- Improved pause button handling
- Stage 1: Reworked mountain color palette
- Stage 4: added big enemies to elevator fight
- Added level skip cheat (not usable in coinop mode) -> no hiscore save

Bug fixes:

- Stage 3 boss scrolling bug
- Stage 9 mcu bug fix
- Various minor fixes

Ukyo

20 Year Member
i was playing story mode again last night; made it to the last boss [way harder on 1.1] almost had him though.

is anyone playing this game for real, or everyone is just quarter feeding?

mid-boss on stage 3 is by far my favorite, [the one over the acid pool] bad-ass sprite, and he keeps you on your toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.