New neogeo game aes ?

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
If this is going to be an actual Visco-licensed release, that doesn't mean they have the license to use the actual Neo Geo trademarks.

If anything, that respect for intellectual property would make it a more serious release than a homebrew. Thing Tengen.
It's completely understandable but, still, a loss in my eyes...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Interesting, I shot them an email:

hello
sorry pre order for the japanese version is closed
we ll advise for the us version in april
best regards

Neo Conception Team

I now call BS. The youtube account was just recently made, in fact today. And when someone inquires about it the game is already sold out?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ganryu was one of my faves. Sure the graphics looks like something on the NES, but if it's a nod to the great Ninja Gaiden on the NES, it's still a keeper.

Perhaps the reason that they are releasing this title now is because they have seen that there is still a market for neo games after the sales NG: DEV garnered. But let's just hope that this new game won't require saccing carts like Last Hope did.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Ok, while I agree 100% with Fran about "how the game code should be delivered", I share the same enthusiasm that Bill shows.

I think that Ironclad was a sort of (involuntary-not calculated) test about how the "market" reacts about protos disclosure (and yes NG: DEV works too).

Indeed it did well, and IMO that's why we could see other protos pop up (undoubtedly, these guys held the romz or the contact for a long time).

So , I think that B2B's 99 carts are probably already sold anyway (Ironclad docet) far from what they say now, we should put forces together and buy as a community, establishing a non-fighting communication with these guys.

They wants money, we wants the content, we are thousands and maybe they have many protos...you do the math.

Rakukojin

n00b
I shot them an email as well and this was the response I got:

hello
thanks for your message in japanese ,english is fine
we ll advise soon about the details,a release is planned for december yes
but the pre order is closed
it's a game under license of visco japan,an us version planned for april
price is still unknow
best regards

Neo Conception
I live in Japan and I never heard anything about this release until today. I also find it strange that preorders for the Japanese version is closed, yet the price is unknown. I guess it would make sense if preorders were only for retailers.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
US release date in April...I smell a looooooong, drawn out, drama filled April Fools joke coming our way...

Gotta give someone credit for the prank lay up starting 6 months early though.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Ok, while I agree 100% with Fran about "how the game code should be delivered", I share the same enthusiasm that Bill shows.

I think that Ironclad was a sort of (involuntary-not calculated) test about how the "market" reacts about protos disclosure (and yes NG: DEV works too).

Indeed it did well, and IMO that's why we could see other protos pop up (undoubtedly, these guys held the romz or the contact for a long time).

So , I think that B2B's 99 carts are probably already sold anyway (Ironclad docet) far from what they say now, we should put forces together and buy as a community, establishing a non-fighting communication with these guys.

They wants money, we wants the content, we are thousands and maybe they have many protos...you do the math.
While i agree with you the story behind this release is somewhat fishy..

Absolutely no news worldwide except this post yesterday (and this is the largest and most important Neo-Geo site in the world), a brief video with only a page, a December release with pre-orders already closed (when they began in the first place?!?), absolutely no details on quantity and/or price...

The Neo-Ayato Brikinger release was much more "professional" and "legit".. :rolleyes:

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
If they really have a Visco license, than they probably just got the original roms and manual/insert directly from Visco.

Good that they don't use, the NEO GEO logos. NEO GEO is still an active IP of SNKP for those download games...

The only bad thing is then the cart sacc. with this project. I know that I'm guilty with this too, but I wouldn't do it again...

Even if they have their own PCB, you still need to kill original carts for the AES release!
Getting reproduction from China start to be interesting in the several thousands range.

I wonder what kind of protection they do, epoxy?
My dev system can dump cartridges directly through the connector :loco:, not that I ever would do that...I'm just an observer here.

Marked Wolf
Absolutely no news worldwide except this post yesterday (and this is the largest and most important Neo-Geo site in the world),

:lol:

The NEO GEO fans with the money, are not here anymore. This place was overrun a long time ago by other people...
Most NEO GEO fans are not even active on the internet anyway...

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member

The NEO GEO fans with the money, are not here anymore. This place was overrun a long time ago by other people...

So how you can you manage to contact 100+ Neo-Geo collectors "with money" to sell stuff no-one knows about (serious question)?

Marked Wolf
So how you can you manage to contact 100+ Neo-Geo collectors "with money" to sell stuff no-one knows about (serious question)?

I don't know and I fucking don't care :)
I'm glad not having anything to do with AES anymore...

But they did this with Brikinker too...B2B sounds plausible, maybe they contacted "Big Tymers:back::mr_t:" directly...
It will probably go directly to the same people that bought Brikinker.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
I don't know and I fucking don't care :)
But they did this with Brikinker too...B2B sounds plausible, maybe they contacted "Big Tymers:back::mr_t:" directly...
It will probably go directly to the same people that bought Brikinker.
The Brikinger launch was a different story..

It was sold by a well-known Neo seller (active here from the beginning) and there was a lot of talk about that on the net before the actual release..

Anyway we actually don't know the production run of B2B: maybe it's 10 copies, so he managed to sell them all to his neighbours :glee:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,

That's the best thing about this release, though I guess it won't get easy on the license side. I keep my fingers crossed for 'Last Odyssey', which would be a very unique game to the Neo.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Massi, where did you get that figure? :spock:

? the video says "LM edition 100 pcs" right?
anyway, I was saying that as Brikinger was sold fast, probably they will sell this one too.

I agree it's fishy, but I wouldn't be surprised anymore if they really have VISCO's all green....

A MVS release could be cool, but I doubt SNKP can be bypassed just not placing neogeo logos.. I mean, NG: DEV didn't you guys asked permission anyway!?

What I do care honestly, is they release the content.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
the video changed from the first time I saw it. Now it has sound, more gameplay and it´s better produced.

I don´t remember if the first video had quantity declared or not.

Yep.

Glad I save videos:

100pcs.png

Marked Wolf
A MVS release could be cool, but I doubt SNKP can be bypassed just not placing neogeo logos.. I mean, NG: DEV didn't you guys asked permission anyway!?

Well we didn't need SNKP's permission, to release it without logos. A license is not needed on consoles like Megadrive and NEO GEO. However, we got their approval anyway.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Well we didn't need SNKP's permission, to release it without logos. A license is not needed on consoles like Megadrive and NEO GEO. However, we got their approval anyway.

Thanks for the explanation, I thought it was necessary.

About B2B do you believe that the rolling demo "Pro-Gear Spec" NeoGeo adv can still be a problem?

aria

Former Moderator
US release date in April...I smell a looooooong, drawn out, drama filled April Fools joke coming our way...

Gotta give someone credit for the prank lay up starting 6 months early though.

Brilliant :) :D

Yup, it was overrun with gamers and fans. Not internet unsavvy folks with more money than sense --which is almost their exclusive market.

So do they use old fashioned fanzines?

Thanks for the explanation, I thought it was necessary.

As I said, like Tengen. Everyone remebers how they worked --or Color Dreams/Wisdom Tree.