New neogeo game aes ?

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
After selling a hundred copies, teh romz will be available anyway ;)
By the way: this game looks crap. The only good game from Visco was 'Breakers' and only for the good fighting engine, not for characters/backgrounds/music.

Highly unlikely unless he's that devoted to Neo. I doubt he'll just distribute the romz for free.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It depends on how the carts would be made. The game can't be dumped for public release if the person making the carts prevents the chips from being removed.

You didn't like Captain Tomaday, Ganryu, Neo Driftout, Neo Mr.Do, Puzzle De Pon R?

valgalder

Kula's Candy
thanks - just found it, but for some reason my work blocks most .jp sites for no particular reason.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
It depends on how the carts would be made. The game can't be dumped for public release if the person making the carts prevents the chips from being removed.

Like I said, I won't be after it anway ;)

You didn't like Captain Tomaday, Ganryu, Neo Driftout, Neo Mr.Do, Puzzle De Pon R?

Well okay, Neo Driftout was also okay, although very limited in it's actions. But the rest is ready for the trash can/I don't like stupid remakes. And come on, Ganryu and Andro Dunos look like bad SNES games and just because they are labeled 'Neo' I'm not desperately after them.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I dunno if this is real.

You could easily set up such a site in five minutes.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I dunno if this is real.

You could easily set up such a site in five minutes.

Could be just teasing us. It is the first time we have seen the actual attract mode let alone video of the game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If this leads to more protos being released then I am behind it 100%. I'd love to play them.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
a little torn about this

it's good that some of those "lost" protos are slowly surfacing
but the greed behind this + destroying real carts combo kind of annoys me

how can you call yourself a neo geo fan if you destroy real snk games ?
just to have a new shiny fake game on your shelf / make a few bucks

the game reminds me of snow bros and snow bros is a master-piece
so clueless people should stop posting stupid comments

of course,we can't really judge the game now
but,as i said,it has potential

finally,the last neo geo game is and will always be samurai spirits o special
never forget that,please

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's super cool to actually see this in action. But, there's no REAL money to be made here unless one of the few official, if more than one proto is sold on the market. If a bunch of boots are made and actually sold then I'd say it's kinda dumb for any collector to spend $ cash on them.

If SNKP were releasing this, their best hope to make any money would be via download for next gen systems, as a hand held title, or a cheap compilation PS2 disc with other unreleased games.. call it Neo Grave Collection or something lol.

It looks decent for it's time... 15 years ago. Cool to see, but not too impressive in the age of HD games.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Christmas comes early again!

Hello all

I found this :

www.bang2busters.com

can someone have any information ?
This is fake ? or real ?

OMG !!!! :multi_co:

GENTLEMEN!!!

I couldn't resist. Oh yes and out of nowhere! This is so sweet!

And in only 1 years time back to back! (2009 & 2010)
As Ironclad arrived on 11/24/2009

This is great news! Who cares what carts are sacrificed! Who cares what they charge for them! Let's stay focussed! Another neogeo proto is made available!

Ok, so here are some initial observations that I made:

-- The video is of emulation quality, so the game is clearly already dumped, but then we already knew that, as Xacrow's emulated shots from January of 2005 were also from an emulator.

-- The 2000 copyright on the title screen is nothing to worry about, even though the original is 1994. The game was considered for re-release by SNK in 2000 (as was Zupapa in 2001 although that one actually was released then) so all that means is that the dump from which they will be making the carts is the newer 2000 version. (just like Zupapa the differences are sure to be minimal)

-- It only stands to reason that hey...if these guys have this game...then they may very well have others...!!! So therefore this release may be a "test the waters" to see if they sell enough copies to make it worth doing the next one!

-- If indeed they scored this romset from Xacrow, they may be involved with the project at a "middleman level". Perhaps like a distributor. So if all parties involved get what they want out of this (whatever they feel is fair to compensate them for all costs involved) then it will ensure additional titles!

Either way, I am very happy and very thankful to anyone and everyone involved that has made this possible. And as I have said over and over, slowly but surely...eventually...all of them will make their way out and become available.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Pics of the cartridge!

December release and no news but that small page? :rolleyes:

No! no! no! much much more!
Here, some of us cannot access these pics so I posted them right here:

Sorry, I think I crashed the site. Maybe I cannot link to that from here.
I will try something else.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Where's the pics Billy?

Edit: They're showing now.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's super cool to actually see this in action. But, there's no REAL money to be made here unless one of the few official, if more than one proto is sold on the market. If a bunch of boots are made and actually sold then I'd say it's kinda dumb for any collector to spend $ cash on them.

Did you see that dumb Neoayato shit? Charging people like $500 for a limited edition bootleg for Ironclad. They made inserts with serial numbers on them from 1-50. People fell for it. Sad, it really is. I even tried talking sense into one of them.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
CAN YOU DO IT ALL!!! lol I miss crappy translations

aria

Former Moderator
I think it's exciting if it becomes readily available for people and isn't designed to just fleece like 50 idiots from too much money --if it does both, however, then great!

It's interesting how these Snow Bros type games all came around towards the end of the Neo's life --and now afterward.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
There you go:

73946_129061957150542_129060620484009_176726_6959862_n.jpg

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
First let-downs, imho: artwork is terrible and no Neo-Geo logo... :annoyed:

aria

Former Moderator
no Neo-Geo logo... :annoyed:

If this is going to be an actual Visco-licensed release, that doesn't mean they have the license to use the actual Neo Geo trademarks.

If anything, that respect for intellectual property would make it a more serious release than a homebrew. Thing Tengen.