Zuppa Found

DreamTR

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well, I own one of these carts, so I'll explain a little about it.

I really don't know how many were sold, but basically NGF (so they say) got the license from the company that makes Zupapa and they had to order the parts at the very least from overseas. I do not know if they were assembled overseas or in the USA, but the game uses an old school case, not the new school cases.

The insert is definitely not as "perfect" as the normal SNK released inserts. I would even say it looks a little more "off" than even the cgame stuff, but it comes with a manual and game, etc.

Now here's the key, the NGF USA releases that HAVE manuals seem to be more of a big deal than the special "conversions" they did. Zupapa is such a cheap MVS game compared to this version but the time schedule if I recall was the home version came out right around the same time (and this is slightly foggy) but I know for sure this is definitely not the same as the other games that were mostly converted, though they did make an interesting Irritating Maze cart for joystick use I believe, but again, conversions/specials and not even licensed released stuff.

If they got the license for KOF 2000 in the USA, Zupapa, etc, regardless we know the collectability of NGF stuff is not there, but as a historical oddity I don't mind conversions from certain time eras, or alternate releases with Arcade! back in the day; etc...

I bought Zupapa on pre-order for $350 way back when and it was pretty pricey considering MVS at the time I think was $70-80 but I knew what I was getting into with it.

I'm not condoning anything NGF did, to me they were just a company doing conversions that did actually get the ability to license a couple of things (similar to Bang Bang Busters from what I hear) but I don't have a problem buying up specific MVS conversions if they pop up and I don't have them, it's just such an issue with NGF anyway....if Dion wasn't so vocal about stuff and they didn't try and say their games were "official" and the stamp and the corrected inserts were not involved, they could at least be a conversion type place but they will forever be tainted because of that history.....I mean, there were a LOT of things that Dion SAID they had, but nothing materialized and we have no idea if stuff was sold, was not sold, I mean, who the heck knows.....it's just one big mess with NGF....