You KNOW things are bad in the retro game scene when...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well, maybe it's time to start making hype for the N-Gage and the Tiger!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Well, maybe it's time to start making hype for the N-Gage and the Tiger!

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the game.com prices went crazy in 5 years, although I'd expect the Lynx market to take off before the game.com.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
handhelds are dirt cheap right now. game gear is a bargain really.
couple nintendo games up there.

ngage actually did have a collector following. most of the new old stock is gone.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Price's on some of the sega MS games are starting to get a little silly as well.
I've thrown the towel in with power strike II, been trying for 2 years plus now to snag a copy at a decent price and i've noticed it creep up and up, it's hitting over £200 now.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I still remember being at MGC circa 2013-14 and a guy had a stack of boxed Jaguars that were all missing cables and/or controllers that he was selling for something like $50
thoroughly debated it, but after heading back to the museum area to actually play the games I wanted on the system I decided it wasn't worth my time and spent that money on N64 sports games instead.

If you can control the contrast on your TV to combat the stupid darkness levels found on the game, Doom 64 is a rock solid port.

Doom 64 isn't even a port, it's an original game.
I was just about to say the same thing.
If y'all are into PC games, there's a pretty good PC conversion of the game here:
https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/downloads/

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Funny just picked up 2 jag games white man cant jump and NBA jam with the multi tap for 20 bucks. WMCJ sucks but NBA jam is a decent port.

And to me AvP and doom still are fun to play, once in awhile.

The controller design is what gets me though not the crappy buttons but the ergonomics. It feels good in my hands.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Oh fuck. I loved the tiger games. I had 15 of them.

But I beat them to shit.

I played mine to death as well, which is probably fueling the nostalgia buying.
They were so bad tho. I can't believe we played these.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
So I imagine Nuon games probably go for crazy high prices, too. Especially a game like Tempest 3000.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Maybe I need to start hogging all the Cup and Ball games to resell.

madman

So I imagine Nuon games probably go for crazy high prices, too. Especially a game like Tempest 3000.

The controllers are the big money. I think Iron Solder 3 is the priciest game, Tempest is getting up there, most of the games were still available NOS.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Cernex speaks the truth. As more and more people gain the ability to buy back parts of their childhood, I'm pretty sure I've seen Tiger R-Zones move for over $150.

Edit:
The end is nigh:
http://ebay.com/itm/R-Zone-Super-Sc...3A0f91c4c715e0ab4db1a9a9f6ffeb4898%7Ciid%3A12

You know what the saddest part is? I BOUGHT an R-Zone before the prices began to go batshit crazy...

And it didn't fucking work. I gave it to a friend for repairs and it basically imploded.

GOD DAMN.

madman

This box protector faggotry is ridiculous. Who are people "preserving" this shit for? The next person who buys it or finds it at a Goodwill after they die? Some fagit on AtariAge is upset because homebrew Jaguar games don't fit in the box protectors for the old retail releases and thus, he cannot keep his boxes "minty fresh." Another fuckin' queerboy wants universal game case inserts made because all his other Jag games are in universal cases and he wants them to all look good on his shelf.

Now, wanting to keep your shit looking nice and not smashed to fuck/thrown out, I can accept that. But I've never found it hard to do. Even my NES boxes from when I was a kid still look fine. Is this another case of damage caused by sausage fingers so they need goddam plastic boxes around their cardboard boxes? How does one do so much damage by simply taking a box off a shelf and taking the game out? What are these mustard stained shirt motherfuckers doing to cause so much harm to boxes?

And wanting things to look nice on your shelf? What kind of assfuckery is that? This also goes out to whoever that fagit is on here that wants snapcase inserts for his soft case AES games so they all match. It must be horrible living life and getting upset by such trivial faggotry such as that. There are far more important things in life than your video games all matching on a shelf.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
This box protector faggotry is ridiculous. Who are people "preserving" this shit for? The next person who buys it or finds it at a Goodwill after they die? Some fagit on AtariAge is upset because homebrew Jaguar games don't fit in the box protectors for the old retail releases and thus, he cannot keep his boxes "minty fresh." Another fuckin' queerboy wants universal game case inserts made because all his other Jag games are in universal cases and he wants them to all look good on his shelf.

Now, wanting to keep your shit looking nice and not smashed to fuck/thrown out, I can accept that. But I've never found it hard to do. Even my NES boxes from when I was a kid still look fine. Is this another case of damage caused by sausage fingers so they need goddam plastic boxes around their cardboard boxes? How does one do so much damage by simply taking a box off a shelf and taking the game out? What are these mustard stained shirt motherfuckers doing to cause so much harm to boxes?

And wanting things to look nice on your shelf? What kind of assfuckery is that? This also goes out to whoever that fagit is on here that wants snapcase inserts for his soft case AES games so they all match. It must be horrible living life and getting upset by such trivial faggotry such as that. There are far more important things in life than your video games all matching on a shelf.

Hey, fuck you, man.

US Saturn games look fucking P-I-M-P on a shelf.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I was one of those idiots that bought the Jaguar with Tempest 2000 back in the day because I trusted Gamefan (and EGM). I was skeptical but that game was amazing and still very enjoyable today. TxK is probably a better alternative now on the Vita as it is basically a modern update.

There are some decent games at the time, like AvP, Rayman, Defender 2000, Ultra Vortek, and a few others. Unfortunately, most of them did not age well and not worth playing. One game that was supposed to be on the Jaguar, Phear, became a Nintendo exclusive Tetrisphere. I wish Nintendo would update that for today. I also have the Jaguar CD, got it when EBgames were clearing them out for $50. I never really use it other than for novelty reasons.

I did managed to buy the holy grail of the system, Battlesphere Gold. It is ok, like a 90s update of Star Raiders. It does look decent but doesn't deserve the hype.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I don't play that gay shit.

Cho Aniki?

Spoiler:
Reminds me of some former dancer...

choaniki.jpg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
next big thing is going to be the "rock 'em sock 'em robots" market, mark my words.