you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

Hubes22

New Challenger
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and am getting excited to finally start collecting Neo Geo AES. I have a question. There is a local gaming company that has the following and I'm curious what a fair price would be. AES gold system serial number under 20,000, two controllers, memory card, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown II and III. All games are US and come with case, cartridge, manual and baggy. All game contents look barely used. Console box has some decent wear and is missing some styrofoam and baggies. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Hey there, can't post an own thread so just a quick hello on this one. Ordered a MV-1FS and I'm going to try to consolize the thing myself, after having decided that getting a NeoGeo is a lifelong dream that I have to fullfill eventually. I got rid of all other consoles except my Dreamcast. My technical experience ends at building my own controller (did that for the Dreamcast with a padhack) built from MDF wood. I got some nice infos on IRC and will perhaps post my progress on the boards in case I get admitted in time.

contrafan

n00b
I can't simply be posting just for the sake of it, I'm sure.

Well, one thing's for sure, my prominence with Neo Geo is Cyberlip, which I found wild. Maybe nostalgia has me biased, though.

contrafan

n00b
Crap. I've been away for so long, I totally forgot the specifics of the first post in this thread. I really hope to get full account priveleges sooner than later...

I wanted to edit my post above, but I'm not even permitted to do that yet, either heh.

contrafan

n00b
The inability to edit posts is really a disadvantage here. Last consecutive post, I swear! (have mercy, higher-ups :) )

I wanted to ask, if possible, can someone please tell me what's the number of posts needed to be able to send/receive private messages? Or what specifically criteria must be met? I'm wondering because I'd really like to contact a user from here. I'm pretty sure it's the same person I wanted to contact a few months back when I joined here, but forgot about it due to being busy.

Or if anyone would be kind enough to try to relay the message, would certainly makes things go easier and quicker.

EDIT: Ah, finally it seems I have regular forum access :)
Well, it's unfortunate that Pyrokilla hasn't been on the forums in about 3 years. This seems to be the only place he's around online, especially recently.

Last edited:

lwizardl

n00b
Used to own a MVS 1 slot, and like 10 games but sold them due to paying some bills. Looking to get back into the mvs hobby.

Hubes22

New Challenger
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has purchased any AES games from this person on Ebay? I just began collecting the AES games and have found a lot of useful information on this site. I must say I'm very leery about shelling out a bunch of cash on the more expensive games when fakes are running around. Can you guys give me your opinion on this and let me know if you believe it to be legit? I know there are no pictures of the boards but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251482050365?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This user is also selling 3 and 4. Any input on those as well would be greatly appreciated.

Superspecs

n00b
Hey guys, I'm new to neo geo but I've just bought a neo geo sports point cab modded with a six slot motherboard. Just checking in to say "hey"

Cheers

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Hey guys, I'm new to neo geo but I've just bought a neo geo sports point cab modded with a six slot motherboard. Just checking in to say "hey"

Cheers

Welcome. I haven't seen a pic of one of those in a long time, was a Fish & Chips exclusive, wasn't it?

Superspecs

n00b
Welcome. I haven't seen a pic of one of those in a long time, was a Fish & Chips exclusive, wasn't it?

Hi, I am not 100% sure but I think its the UK equivalent of the "Big Red" I could be wrong though. I will upload some pics when I get permission :P

Madbees

New Challenger
Hello!

I just created an account, but I've been lurking for a while.

I currently have a Taito Gladiator in the basement and I'm looking to get a Neo or another cab in the near future.

Neo Geo has always had a mystique about it as it was the unattainable console when I was a kid. I love Metal Slug and Contra and Cyber Lip is a game I really want to get. I really considered getting a Neo Geo CD or CDZ, but after seeing people talk shit about them so much it's made me think otherwise. AES prices seem too high for a majority of games.

I have a few MVS carts. I have no idea if they are boots are not, but for the moment with no MVS or CMVS the point is rather moot.

So yeah hello all.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I really considered getting a Neo Geo CD or CDZ, but after seeing people talk shit about them so much it's made me think otherwise.
The CD(Z) ain't as bad as it's reputation seems to be - depending on the games you're going to play it might be a good choice. Plus you get arranged soundtracks for some games that you'll never hear on the cartridges.

I have a few MVS carts. I have no idea if they are boots are not, but for the moment with no MVS or CMVS the point is rather moot.
mvs-scans.com
How to open a MVS cart without damaging the label

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Hey Guys, have lurked here on and off for a couple years. I have always wanted a neo geo cabinet but never had room. I finally moved to a new house and have some dedicated room. I have been scouring the forum doing research on cabinets. My initial thought was a big red 2 or 4 slot, but now I am looking at candy cabinets. Right now looks like the Blast City or Egret 2 are both good candidates (easy tate mode vs triple sync). I am really enjoying the forum, I like the outside neo discussions about retro games, I grew up on shmups so its nice to see so many people loving them =)

Madbees

New Challenger
xsq thanks for the link.

I've seen links to mvs scans before and I'll have to check my games out see if there are any of the dreaded windowed roms.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Hey Guys, have lurked here on and off for a couple years. I have always wanted a neo geo cabinet but never had room. I finally moved to a new house and have some dedicated room. I have been scouring the forum doing research on cabinets. My initial thought was a big red 2 or 4 slot, but now I am looking at candy cabinets. Right now looks like the Blast City or Egret 2 are both good candidates (easy tate mode vs triple sync). I am really enjoying the forum, I like the outside neo discussions about retro games, I grew up on shmups so its nice to see so many people loving them =)

Welcome.

xsq

I wish there was a Windy Gaming here in Germany...

Superspecs

n00b
Hey guys, just wondered when I would be able to post threads and start discussions and such. I signed up so I could get some advice and I cant post topics yet *sniff sniff*

Hi all, newbie here. I played the hell out of Neo Geo back in the day in arcades.

As far as my collection.... I have an Analogue Interactive CMVS Slim & two joysticks on order ... the wait is killing me. Also have about 20 MVS carts that I've bought through various places. Gonna hook it up to my Sony PVM with RGB!

xsq

Hey guys, just wondered when I would be able to post threads and start discussions and such. I signed up so I could get some advice and I cant post topics yet *sniff sniff*
Become part of the community. You have only 3 posts man.

xsq

But able to start new topics, will you be.