you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Jfc, stop using Google translate. My brain hurts!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I intented open a new thread into neo veo furum, over a videogames teme. Bit I can't open a thread; bit I asked Why.?
Participate in the forums (post) and you will earn that privilege. You might want to learn some English before though, even for someone who isn't a native speaker (like myself) your gibberish is hard to stand.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
:):):)Hello,

I'm new usuary registre un neo-geo forum. I like much, the arca de videogames (platform, shoot'n up, beat'em up, run'n gun/shoot'n run, and les, bit toó, fighting tales Vs), whit 2D gameplay. Toó I like a few light lectura relata, light novel, I like muchos the humor cómica, cartoons films, the Adventure films. Actually I not can't buy a videogames consomé, and I make a few naval modelism that is more cheaped.

I has studied Profesional Formación School electrónica, forma repaid electrodomésticos (músic equipment, TV, PC computer, telephone), bit after finished this study un a High School, I saw that isn't forma me, is ver y complicate and forma a few money more that costa make a repair, tour can buy a new TV, Tome Cinema, por PC computer. Toó I has mini study forma solar energy hoy water, climatization machines hoy/coold, tome electricity forma maintenain edificio, and PC maintenant configuración, but I madre best solar energy and artifitial climatization acondicionarse aire. I have to studied administrativa auxiliar, for work into a officine, how want muy fammily...

I intented open a new thread into neo veo furum, over a videogames teme. Bit I can't open a thread; bit I asked Why.?

Yours faithfully

Saurus.:)

Hey Saurus, welcome to teh drama, go to http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?41-Spanish if you want to speak with spanish users. You will be able to open new threads as soon as you participate more, as xsq told you.

Bienvenido Saurus, pásate por el enlace que te pongo por si quieres hablar en español con el resto de foreros españoles ;D

ShaunRF

n00b
Noob question:

I recently bought a 2-slot cabinet. My first purchase for it was a 161in1 multicart, so I could try games before deciding which carts to buy. Unfortunately, it looks like my motherboard doesn't like this multicart. It wont let me get to the menu. I just get the green screen when I try, then it goes right to SNK vs Capcom. I thought it was the cart at first, but the replacement does the same thing. I've been told that some motherboards are just picky about these things.

I wanted to just pick up a 1-slot motherboard to plug in to my cabinet, but it turns out they are on the JAMMA standard instead of the MVS harness. I've read that plugging in JAMMA PCBs can damage the sound components of the PCB, but is this also the case with the MVS boards? I would guess it is.

I'd prefer to avoid hacking up my harness, so I've been looking for JAMMA to MVS adapters. However, Jammaboards is the only site I can find them on, and they have been out of stock. Are there any other sources for these? I've found a thread on here from user Terot where he was selling his own version, but the thread has been inactive for over a year.

I'm sure it seems stupid to go through all this to run a multicart, but I would really love to have the adapter anyways in case I pick up any JAMMA boards in the future.

xsq

I just get the green screen when I try, then it goes right to SNK vs Capcom. I thought it was the cart at first, but the replacement does the same thing. I've been told that some motherboards are just picky about these things.
Do you have another cart plugged in? If so, try only the multicart and test both slots. Do you have a UniBIOS?

I've read that plugging in JAMMA PCBs can damage the sound components of the PCB, but is this also the case with the MVS boards? I would guess it is.
You're right, plugging a one slot into your cab without modifying the harness will damage it.

I'd prefer to avoid hacking up my harness, so I've been looking for JAMMA to MVS adapters.
Well, I haven't seen Terot around in a long time, and yes Jammaboards are kinda always out of stock. I guess the best way would be to make one yourself, it's not that hard if you can handle a soldering iron. Other than that you could try to contact one of the tech savy folks on here and ask if they would make you one - Xian Xi (jamma-nation-x.com); Lemony Vengeance and channelmaniac are some names. Or just head over to the Tech Support and/or Arcade subsections and have a look around.

ShaunRF

n00b
Do you have another cart plugged in? If so, try only the multicart and test both slots. Do you have a UniBIOS?

You're right, plugging a one slot into your cab without modifying the harness will damage it.

Well, I haven't seen Terot around in a long time, and yes Jammaboards are kinda always out of stock. I guess the best way would be to make one yourself, it's not that hard if you can handle a soldering iron. Other than that you could try to contact one of the tech savy folks on here and ask if they would make you one - Xian Xi (jamma-nation-x.com); Lemony Vengeance and channelmaniac are some names. Or just head over to the Tech Support and/or Arcade subsections and have a look around.

No, I make sure it is the only cart when I try it. I've tried both slots, and I've also tried switching between freeplay mode and pay to play. I don't know if it has UniBIOS, but I'm guessing it doesn't.

Terot just responded to his thread and is checking to see if he has the required components.

Question: is there a preference among 1-slot motherboards? I know the A and the FZ are socketed, but I'm not sure I care to run UniBIOS. I've seen some say they prefer the B because it is tiny and they think it is the most durable.

Thanks for the help btw. OT: wife and I just visited Germany a month ago. We had a great time, but its definitely not the best time of year to visit lol.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
No, I make sure it is the only cart when I try it. I've tried both slots, and I've also tried switching between freeplay mode and pay to play. I don't know if it has UniBIOS, but I'm guessing it doesn't.

Terot just responded to his thread and is checking to see if he has the required components.

Question: is there a preference among 1-slot motherboards? I know the A and the FZ are socketed, but I'm not sure I care to run UniBIOS. I've seen some say they prefer the B because it is tiny and they think it is the most durable.

Thanks for the help btw. OT: wife and I just visited Germany a month ago. We had a great time, but its definitely not the best time of year to visit lol.

Most people seem to like the MV-1C. But that maybe for consolization purposes. I have a MV-1F and its a tank.

xsq

That's a strange issue, I don't know why you're having it. Try the 161-in-1 thread, maybe you'll find an answer.
If you don't get the unibios splash screen before the Neo Geo one you most likely don't have it. You can also find out by looking at the bios chip - if it is an EPROM then it might be a Unibios.

Good for you, I hope it works out.

If you ask me, they're all good boards and if you don't abuse them they are all durable. Some of the first models (plain MV-1) have issues with the later games though, so I'd avoid that one. hardmvs.com has a nice chart for comparing the differences.
The MV-1C (like niko said) is sought after by the CMVS manufacturers so it tends to be a more pricy model. If you're gonna have it in you cab, I'd say go with any board you can find that is in a decent condition (I have a 1Ft, 1FS and 2F, no complaints whatsoever). The major thing to look out for with all boards is leaking batteries - make sure to mod yours.
I'd look for a good price point on a clean board with socketed bios so you have the easy option for a Unibios or Diagnosticbios later on. Read about the Unibios features here - the option to change regions, languages and mode (MVS or homeconsole) alone is awesome.

bernardon

n00b
Thank you sxq. That was very helpful :)
Hello.
I am new here, i cant post new treads on the tech and suport fórum.
I need help with one neo geo aes, is a first gen, neo-aes board, and i have video problems.
I have this system in storage, but a few years in a box, but now, the system is dead, I have chanaged the bios with unibios because a corrupted graphics, on start up, and only garbrage.
Now the system is working, but the graphics and sound is jumping, like no sync.
Sorry for my bad English.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld1bY8roz60

dask

n00b
Hello Everyone, I am new one ,too.
I need help with one neo geo aes,but I still have not received an [activation email]
that I can’t post new treads on the tech and support forum.
what should i do now ?

xsq

I am new here, i cant post new treads on the tech and suport fórum.
I need help with one neo geo aes, is a first gen, neo-aes board, and i have video problems.
Hi. Try the search function (or google + "site:neo-geo.com/forums"), most likely the problem you have has been discussed (seems to be a sync problem indeed) - do you have another monitor you can test with?
If you really can't find a thread to your problem, either stick around and become part of the community (post meaningfully) until you can start a thread or post in a not too old already existing thread in the tech section.

what should i do now ?
see above. My guess would be you need not worry about the activation mail, as long as you can post...

dask

n00b
After my neo geo aes connects with TV, color on Video is changing continuely and abnormally.
what has happened?
QQ圖片20150130223847.jpgQQ圖片20150130223902.jpgQQ圖片20150130223906.jpg

PS.The TV connects another neo geo aes is in correct color .

Hi Again. I put up a pic of the cart on my blog http://crescentstar.blogspot.com/ if you don't mind taking a look. Its weird all the writing on Samurai Shodown V carts I see online is blue. This cart has black text and just says Samurai Shodown V with the three characters you see in the picture on my blog. I don't know maybe its not a real deal cart.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Again. I put up a pic of the cart on my blog http://crescentstar.blogspot.com/ if you don't mind taking a look. Its weird all the writing on Samurai Shodown V carts I see online is blue. This cart has black text and just says Samurai Shodown V with the three characters you see in the picture on my blog. I don't know maybe its not a real deal cart.

I don't know what's more disturbing... the fact that every n00b recently has used this thread for tech questions...

Or the fact that you've got a blog...

xROTx

PS. Before you consider replying in a half assed way to my post... I'm just funn'in...
PPS. I'm only saying this as I'm bored and drunk and likely do something I'd prob regret in the morning...

Well i just found a video that linked to the cart pages. I will open mine up tonight. Sorry for asking newb questions here.

Hi, Well i updated my blog with pictures of the innards cart. The PCB seems to be very similar one i saw as a pirate version, but the solder is decent.

ShaunRF

n00b
I don't know what's more disturbing... the fact that every n00b recently has used this thread for tech questions...

It might have something to do with the OP encouraging them to do so. Or it could be aliens. I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens. :)

kotter

n00b
Hey all, I've been lurking for a while but haven't posted and can't create a new thread.
Anyawys, I picked up a bad cart (Samurai shodownV) where the graphics are completely messed up. After inspecting the boards I found that on the bottom board I've got continuity between vcc and grnd, and the cmc chip gets hot fast. So I'm assuming the chip's busted but I wanted to check with you guys before I pull the chip, and if anyone knows how to get a replacement (maybe someone's got a spare lying around? :)

xsq

I guess if you inspected the boards you did check for authenticity, as well as cleaned the contacts of both your cart and board with contact cleaner (like DeOxit D5), right?

kotter

n00b
yeah, the boards look authentic and the contacts have been scrubbed :)
And since I found continuity between ground and vcc I'm assuming that the chip's the culprit.

I've also checked all the traces that I can without removing any chips, and re-flowed all the solder points.