Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
With the missing dungeons? Cause if so, I'm down. BTW, F Square for pulling members off of Xeno so they could finish their 8th game.

I wasn't aware of the missing characters. I may have to look into that further.

It's clear that a ton of stuff was taken out, not just the dungeons...which Fei and Elly "talk" about, rather than just letting you explore, in those awful rocking chair scenes. If you use the Debug item Gameshark code, there's dozens of items that were removed. My personal favorite being the Combo Star, which lets you learn techniques much faster.

Jon

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I wasn't aware of the missing characters. I may have to look into that further.

It's clear that a ton of stuff was taken out, not just the dungeons...which Fei and Elly "talk" about, rather than just letting you explore, in those awful rocking chair scenes. If you use the Debug item Gameshark code, there's dozens of items that were removed. My personal favorite being the Combo Star, which lets you learn techniques much faster.

Jon

Despite disc 2, Xenogears is still my favorite game of all time. I have about as many copies of it as Panda has Pulstar carts :D

Ideally, if it were possible for Tetsuya Takahashi and Monolith Soft to buy back full rights to Xenogears, a remake done the way it was meant to be would be AMAZING!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rumor has it that he was wanting to bring the Xenosaga up right until gears and then do a remake. Square flat out said no even though it was to be a joint release. I swear, Square is like Nintendo sometimes. Just let it go.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Should I play Xenogears before I play Xenobale?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rumor has it that he was wanting to bring the Xenosaga up right until gears and then do a remake. Square flat out said no even though it was to be a joint release. I swear, Square is like Nintendo sometimes. Just let it go.

I remember that Xenosaga was supposed to be 5-6 games, which ended up not happening. Xenosaga 3 I always thought was the "Disk 2" of that series. They threw you into the game years after Xenosaga 2 ended...and, expected you to catch up via Reports in the menu system (lame).

If you decided to fight Erde Kaiser Sigma in 3, you got a little movie from the Professor who built it that, basically, sums up what happened to the series.

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Despite disc 2, Xenogears is still my favorite game of all time. I have about as many copies of it as Panda has Pulstar carts :D

Ideally, if it were possible for Tetsuya Takahashi and Monolith Soft to buy back full rights to Xenogears, a remake done the way it was meant to be would be AMAZING!

It's definitely in my top five best games ever list, for sure. It's totally playable and the complaints I have for the second disk are basically about completeness in terms of story, items, missing Omnigears, etc. You can still totally play the game, for what it is, and enjoy it.

While I have no desire to own multiple copies of the game, (the black label US copy I bought back in 1998 suits me just fine) I still need to pick up that Xenogears: Perfect Works art book. Last time I looked, it was going for $100-200, depending on condition. It apparently came out before the game did and features a ton of artwork that wasn't included in the game itself, including those missing Omnigears.

Jon

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
It's definitely in my top five best games ever list, for sure. It's totally playable and the complaints I have for the second disk are basically about completeness in terms of story, items, missing Omnigears, etc. You can still totally play the game, for what it is, and enjoy it.

I LOVED what I did play of Xenogears, but then I got stuck in the tower of Babel or whatever, constantly falling down while trying to move upwards. It was so fucking frustrating. I think I had some serious trouble with an obligatory battle the one time I did make it to the top, as well. Those gears battles weren't my favourite thing ever.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

While I have no desire to own multiple copies of the game, (the black label US copy I bought back in 1998 suits me just fine) I still need to pick up that Xenogears: Perfect Works art book. Last time I looked, it was going for $100-200, depending on condition. It apparently came out before the game did and features a ton of artwork that wasn't included in the game itself, including those missing Omnigears.

Jon

I hear ya. On the subject of Perfect Works, that book is amazing. Beyond the artwork, it's full of background info (history, environment, etc..), fleshing out what the story was supposed to shape into with the idea that they'd go back from episode 5. My buddy picked up a copy of the book at a Japanese book store while on a trip to San Fran because he know how much I loved the game, and years later he regretted not picking up a second one for himself because of how much it shot up in value. At least now I now what to get you if you join this year's secret santa, lol.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Here's hoping we get something like this.

That cover and box are awesome!

large.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So is this game any good or what?

And more importantly - does it have any Shulk amiibo support?

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I got my copy today, but I am waaaaaay too busy with Fallout.

EDIT: So full of 3,000 shitty posts!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
And more importantly - does it have any Shulk amiibo support?

:thevt:

Hopefully, using the Shulk Amiibo on this game deletes your save file.

Jon

EDIT: I don't mean to be a dick but, it sounds like you care more about what some stupid piece of plastic does over what the game's like.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Played the first one on Wii with great anticipation. Got to the first fight and lost horribly. Turned the game off and put it on the shelf.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Loving the game so far. I bought the digital download onto an SSD and have gotten it to basically zero load times when I go do anything. The graphics are just as impressive as most of the stuff of the PS4/Xbox 1 and the world is freaking enormous. Have a strong feeling that I will be spending a lot of time on this game though m only complaint is the text is way to small since when you are in a battle the screen can get very crowded. Not a very friendly RPG for people that are not big into the genre or newcomers.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Loving the game so far. I bought the digital download onto an SSD and have gotten it to basically zero load times when I go do anything. The graphics are just as impressive as most of the stuff of the PS4/Xbox 1 and the world is freaking enormous. Have a strong feeling that I will be spending a lot of time on this game though m only complaint is the text is way to small since when you are in a battle the screen can get very crowded. Not a very friendly RPG for people that are not big into the genre or newcomers.

The text size is definitely annoying. It is just to small. Currently i'm only 4 chapters in. I enjoy it, but like you said, this game is not for people who don't enjoy RPGs or newcomers. There is so much information to learn, things to do, ways to customize your character. It's pretty crazy, and its going to take a lot of time to get it all cemented in my brain.

Another issue I've had is the camera while you are in the barracks. It controls like shit. While on the over world map, and new LA, its fine.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Loving the game so far. I bought the digital download onto an SSD and have gotten it to basically zero load times when I go do anything.

How are you using an SSD with the Wii U? Just plug it in and leave it hanging?

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
How are you using an SSD with the Wii U? Just plug it in and leave it hanging?

You can hook up an external HD to the Wii U and I plugged in an external SSD to try and help all that I can. Plus the old hard drive I had hooked up via USB was getting up there in age. It may/probably just be my imagination but I've noticed an improvement in game loading speed just from doing that simple upgrade (I have a lot of full games downloaded onto there).

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Which specific drive are you using? I read that not all seem to work. I'd be happy with a cheap 64GB as I'm really only interested in giving me Xenoblade experience a boost. I've hardly used the U until now.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Yeah, got the game 2 days ago and enjoying the game a lot so far.

Only bought 3 games on the Wii U so far and this is by far the strongest title.