Worst sunfade you've found?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Breakers I had.

ou8Qxw0.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I kept my games in a room lit with fluorescent for more than 10 years and they show no signs of fading. Dont you guys have other urgent things in life to worry about??
AES collectors don't actually play their games, they just obsess about how to keep them in the most pristine condition possible. There's a lot of OCD shit happening on this forum.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Ask yourself this, why do they not use CFLs/ Fluorescent in art exhibits?

http://www.nedcc.org/free-resources...-environment/2.4-protection-from-light-damage

tldr; uv damage is always cumulative. CFL bulbs look like shit anyhow, and even if you get the low UV ones it really doesn't make a difference.

The whole goal is to minimize the damage, not prevent it. As there is something even greater and more powerful than sun fading, dark fading. Dark fading is just how stuff degrades in the absence of light.

Personally, I use incandescent and led bulbs.

I'm just fucking around. That page was a very good read though. I still say look into those bug lights though...it's like a little UV filter built right in!

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Oi Panda I still haven't forgotten about my Guwange u send it snail mail?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Death doesn't lie, MVS is just another shelf queen nowadays. Kinda sad. Oh well, gonna try for the Ninja Commando 1-All.

Word. Those little cardboard boxes better be in minty crisp condition!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I've made a darkroom with red protective lights for my game collection. I've dedicated a few modified wine coolers to keep them at a perfect 54 degrees Fahrenheit. Acid-free gloves and eye protection are also a must. I also don't ever look directly AT the games...just out of my peripherals or a glance-by. One guy looked at my games once. He's dead.

I can see the Ebay descriptions already.

RARE <Insert Here>

From a Pet free, Kid free, Smoke free, dark room, anti-static,climax controlled, and sterile environment. Product has always been handled with perfume/powder/acid free gloves and sterile suit requirement. Thus it has never been in physical contact with a human being.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
climax controlled, and sterile environment.

I lolled at climax control. Never even masturbated to the THOUGHT of the game. ;)

none of my games are climax controlled.

Edit: Luckily no UV blacklights will be used to see the splooge marks all over my games for fear of the UV fading the labels.

Last edited:

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Christ.. climate controlled environment what crazy bullshit is that? LOL. I tend to keep some of my items out of direct sunlight when ever possible, but the hell if I will go out of my way to prevent it. I play my games and they sit on display on a bookshelf, or in my entertainment center cabinet. They get used and played on a regular basis, I have more important things to worry about than the dangerous sun! :rolleyes:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I lolled at climax control. Never even masturbated to the THOUGHT of the game. ;)

none of my games are climax controlled.

Edit: Luckily no UV blacklights will be used to see the splooge marks all over my games for fear of the UV fading the labels.

Hentai Sama might be able to hook you up with one. XD