Women's world cup 2019

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
When are we going to stop pretending that women‘s sport is actually good?

if people can’t see this whole women’s sport push is just to bring in more revenue they must be fucking dense. The second, third, fourth division of any men’s sport will be better than the top women’s competition but it doesn’t bring in a different audience “revenue stream” so it gets no air time. You’re being played like a fiddle, wake up.

There’s plenty of women that love to play football you silly fucker, these competitions are for the top tier of women footballers and their fans.

And yes, the women’s game does bring in revenue and advertising - which is the same story as the men’s game.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
There’s plenty of women that love to play football you silly fucker, these competitions are for the top tier of women footballers and their fans.

And yes, the women’s game does bring in revenue and advertising - which is the same story as the men’s game.
I would rather watch Women's soccer/futbol all day. The men who play the sport professionally are massive pansies, diving all the time and holding their knee and rolling in fake pain because someone's finger glazed their shorts. Get up and play you fucking pussies; at least the women's soccer players look like they want to win fairly.

That shit doesn't fly in Hockey, take a dive and you go to the penalty box too, if anything gets called at all.

TL;DR: I don't watch men's soccer because they're bigger pussies than the women.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

Soccer sells more tickets than hockey and basketball.
The women create excitement in the sport and sell the tickets because the men suck.
why do you do this? his point was about the popularity of men's soccer vs women's soccer. on top of that you bring up a link about a men's soccer league. refute the actual point not some tangent.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
why do you do this? his point was about the popularity of men's soccer vs women's soccer. on top of that you bring up a link about a men's soccer league. refute the actual point not some tangent.
why do you need me to hold your hand? his point is wrong, women make the sport popular. on top of that I bring up a link about a men's soccer league, to refute the point that there's no money involved not some tangent that my worldview is small because I don't watch soccer so nobody else does either.

So does the US men’s national team bring in more revenue for US Soccer?

The short answer: no, not in recent years. Again, US Soccer bundles its broadcast and sponsorship deals in the same way that Fifa does, making it impossible to determine which team drives the higher value in those deals. And those two categories of TV rights and sponsorships make up most of the revenue that US Soccer brings in.

But another large slice of revenue comes from ticket sales, and the US women’s team have been out-selling the men for the past three years. Since winning the Women’s World Cup in 2015, USWNT games have brought in more revenue than those featuring the men – $51m compared to $50m. These numbers come from US Soccer’s own financial audits, which are published on the federation’s website.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
need me to hold your hand? his point is wrong, women make the sport popular. on top of that I bring up a link about a men's soccer league, to refute the point that there's no money involved not some tangent that my worldview is small because I don't watch soccer so nobody else does either.

The short answer: no, not in recent years. Again, US Soccer bundles its broadcast and sponsorship deals in the same way that Fifa does, making it impossible to determine which team drives the higher value in those deals. And those two categories of TV rights and sponsorships make up most of the revenue that US Soccer brings in.

But another large slice of revenue comes from ticket sales, and the US women’s team have been out-selling the men for the past three years. Since winning the Women’s World Cup in 2015, USWNT games have brought in more revenue than those featuring the men – $51m compared to $50m. These numbers come from US Soccer’s own financial audits, which are published on the federation’s website.
do i need to hold your hand so that you don't selectively interpret things to fit your narrative?

what is more popular, worldwide? men's or women's soccer (not the US, globally)

is it easier than ever to watch soccer games in european leagues on stream?

does the US have an ever increasing diverse population of immigrants?

what is the most popular sport in the world?

you can't take one data point (USWNT making more money) and extrapolate that to be the sole reason for the increasing popularity of MLS. on top of that, you totally miss the point of the argument about MEN'S SOCCER, GLOBALLY bringing in more revenue than women's soccer, GLOBALLY by a 100 fold...which is lithy's point.

you gotta stop creating your own enemies and arguments in your head.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
why do you need me to hold your hand? his point is wrong, women make the sport popular. on top of that I bring up a link about a men's soccer league, to refute the point that there's no money involved not some tangent that my worldview is small because I don't watch soccer so nobody else does either.

you also left out the collective bargaining agreement (dunno what they call it for soccer) differences between the men's team and women's team. still doesn't matter. no one was talking about this shit, you goob.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
do i need to hold your hand so that you don't selectively interpret things to fit your narrative?

what is more popular, worldwide? men's or women's soccer (not the US, globally)

is it easier than ever to watch soccer games in european leagues on stream?

does the US have an ever increasing diverse population of immigrants?

what is the most popular sport in the world?

you can't take one data point (USWNT making more money) and extrapolate that to be the sole reason for the increasing popularity of MLS. on top of that, you totally miss the point of the argument about MEN'S SOCCER, GLOBALLY bringing in more revenue than women's soccer, GLOBALLY by a 100 fold...which is lithy's point.

you gotta stop creating your own enemies and arguments in your head.
Ya jabroni; you woke up to this headline, now your an expert.

There's an underlining conversation about pay and performance OF US SOCCER PLAYERS. (Men & Women)

What are you even talking about worldwide? Nothing to do with the conversation, pretty sure Lithy or anybody wasn't talking about that.
If they were it has nothing to do with the conversation. 100 fold is just somthing he made up.

Reduced by a factor of about 100 of course.
Where is he talking about worldwide? I don't see a worldwide qualifier in that statement.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Ya jabroni, you woke up to this headline, now your an expert.

There's an underlining conversation about pay and performance OF US SOCCER PLAYERS. (Men & Women)

What are you even talking about worldwide? Nothing to do with the conversation, pretty sure Lithy or anybody else was talking about that.
If they were it has nothing to do with the conversation. 100 fold is just somthing he made up.

Where is he talking about worldwide? I don't see a worldwide qualifier in that statement.
go back to the genesis of this particular discussion you idiot. theMot (an AUSSIE) commented on when people will realize women's sports sucks compared to men's sports. then MMJ (aka private piles...who is a fucking SCOT) talked about women's soccer, in general...not the USWNT.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Thread about the World Cup.

"Where did he say anything about worldwide?"

I just can't.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

I just can't.
Ok then, what does worldwide popularity or revenue have to do with the pay of men and women US soccer players?

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Ok then, how does worldwide popularity or revenue have to do with the pay of men and women US soccer players?
none of us were talking about that, you dunce. you are solo missioning your phantom debate with wasabi, who fucked off from the forums over a year ago, over a post he made 4 years ago.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
none of us were talking about that, you dunce. you are solo missioning your phantom debate with wasabi, who fucked off from the forums over a year ago, over a post he made 4 years ago.
Well you should be.
Then what the fuck are you talking about then?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

I just can't.

I proved you are wrong
Women bring in more revenue than the men.
seelioning.jpg

What does sealioning mean?​

Sealioning is a critical term for a form of trolling that involves relentlessly pestering someone with questions and requests (such as for evidence or sources), typically with the goal of upsetting them and making their position or viewpoint seem weak or unreasonable.

The verb form sealion (or sea lion) is also used.

These terms are typically applied to online contexts, such as social media, forums, and message boards (although it can also happen offline).
Sealioning often involves giving off the impression of sincere curiosity and an open mind, using polite-sounding language, and framing the questioning as part of honest intellectual debate. However, the real goal of such behavior is to irritate the other person until that person gets angry or upset, thus allowing the questioner to portray themselves as a victim as an attempt to diminish a position or viewpoint they disagree with.
Here’s a hypothetical example of behavior considered sealioning: A person replies to a post about climate change by repeatedly and incessantly requesting that the poster prove basic scientific concepts. Regardless of whether the poster responds, the replier relentlessly continues to pose additional questions, possibly even doing so on other social media platforms. The replier typically does not stop until they are blocked or it is clear that they have upset their target.
Example: Scientists with prominent social media presences know that sealioning is a very common way for trolls to try to fluster them and waste their time.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I proved you are wrong
Women bring in more revenue than the men.
View attachment 67311

What does sealioning mean?​

Sealioning is a critical term for a form of trolling that involves relentlessly pestering someone with questions and requests (such as for evidence or sources), typically with the goal of upsetting them and making their position or viewpoint seem weak or unreasonable.

The verb form sealion (or sea lion) is also used.

These terms are typically applied to online contexts, such as social media, forums, and message boards (although it can also happen offline).
Sealioning often involves giving off the impression of sincere curiosity and an open mind, using polite-sounding language, and framing the questioning as part of honest intellectual debate. However, the real goal of such behavior is to irritate the other person until that person gets angry or upset, thus allowing the questioner to portray themselves as a victim as an attempt to diminish a position or viewpoint they disagree with.
Here’s a hypothetical example of behavior considered sealioning: A person replies to a post about climate change by repeatedly and incessantly requesting that the poster prove basic scientific concepts. Regardless of whether the poster responds, the replier relentlessly continues to pose additional questions, possibly even doing so on other social media platforms. The replier typically does not stop until they are blocked or it is clear that they have upset their target.
Example: Scientists with prominent social media presences know that sealioning is a very common way for trolls to try to fluster them and waste their time.

What does Dunning-Kruger Effect mean?

The theory that a person who lacks skill or expertise also lacks the insight to accurately evaluate this deficit, resulting in a persistent inflation of estimated competence in self-assessments.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

What does Dunning-Kruger Effect mean?

The theory that a person who lacks skill or expertise also lacks the insight to accurately evaluate this deficit, resulting in a persistent inflation of estimated competence in self-assessments.
I'm the opposite of that.
I need to be more assertive IRL.

It's Sunday 1PM EST and Lithy is still wrong.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

That’s fine, they can play, I have no problem with that. The problem here is with the the guys up top pushing this stuff like it’s just as good as the men’s game so they can profit more off it. It’s not even an equality girl power thing. It’s purely being driven by accountants who figured there is an extra 20-30% revenue if they can get enough women interested, in the mean time, let’s just dress the women up like the boys and pretend this stuff is just as good.