Wish list for the inevitable N64 Classic

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Rayman 2 is the only Christmas present I remember getting, playing once and then just thinking, 'mom, dad, I love you. but I just can't do this'.

Really? I played through the demo on DC several times.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I couldn't stand Banjo Kazooie when I was 10 years old either so I dunno. Just not my kind of games.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Sin and Punishment could make the cut.

Bangai-O would be a good addition, but probably wouldn't make either the base set nor the expansion carts.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Shouldn't you be leering at a girl scout troop on a hiking trail somewhere you stroked out pedo?

If I was stroked out the drool wouldn't be from leering. Though would they call the ambulance? You can't use the wheels on a gurney on a trail; would need six EMTs to haul my ass back down to the ambulance.

Or, would they just ignore me, and later on some back page story mentions a dead man found on a trail. Almost like the story of the programmer that died in an office cube from a heart-attack, nobody noticed until he began to smell.

The last time I saw a girl scout was when they sold cookies right to your door; now you buy them in a store; do any of them play n64?

If Nintendo were smart they'd repackage the Wii and just sell a retro system with NES, SNES, and N64 titles, and let you buy more from an eShop.

Honestly Nintendo should just put out a system with these:

1080 Snowboarding
A Link to the Past
Chronotrigger
Clayfighter 631/3 Sculptor's Cut
Earthbound
F-Zero
Final Fantasy III
Guardian Legend
Legend of Zelda
Life Force
Ocarina of Time
Secret of Mana
Sin and Punishment
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Smash Bros

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
If Nintendo were smart they'd repackage the Wii and just sell a retro system with NES, SNES, and N64 titles, and let you buy more from an eShop.
Yeah, Nintendo is stupid. That's why the company is such a failure. They need a pederast in a fedora to run the company.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I'd like to see WCW/NWO Revenge and one of the Blitz games. Not sure if they are possible due to the player's associations or whatever.

Other less obvious choices I'd like:

Ogre Battle 64
Snowboard Kids
Space Station Silicon Valley
Fighting Force 64
Mischief Makers

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I couldn't stand Banjo Kazooie when I was 10 years old either so I dunno. Just not my kind of games.

You're just either not into 3D platformers, or those turned into overly insipid collect-a-thon nightmares that Rare was king at doing. I've got a copy of Banjo from a few months ago I've held onto as it's fine in very small doses early on, but back in the day all I could tolerate of theirs in that style was Conker as you didn't need 100 of this and 1000 of that to get in a door to do it immediately all over again.

--also ugh wish I hadn't forgot Sin & Punishment. The game verbally is already in english as it is, and was on the VC too, so that would make a lot of sense.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah I got DK64 and remember forcing myself to like it. You know when you get a game and that'll probably be the only one you could buy for a long time but it's shitty and so you lie to yourself and say 'oh shit a RAM expansion cart, yeahhhh boy go n64 nah i'm not mad i don't have a ps1 not at all' and try to make yourself like it but it's just not going to happen.

3D platformers that I liked back then...

Mario 64 is a no-brainer. Spyro 1 and 2 in their simplicity were also really good. But there was a lot of shit on the N64. Space Station Silicon Valley, Rocket: Robot on Wheels, Tonic Trouble, fucking Glover (actually I never played that but always wanted to, how was it), Jet Force Gemini...all shit.

Thank god for F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, San Francisco Rush, Ocarina, Castlevania 64 (which I liked), Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon and Mischief Makers.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Excitebike 64, Starfox 64, Mario 64 and Zelda OOT were probably my favorite games of that generation (beating out anything and everything on PSX or Saturn).

Sin & Punishment was great too, but I didn't discover that until years later when I became a loser and started buying import games. :p

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Here's the problem with the n64. See I was a kid when I was into NES and SNES stuff and the stuff I have is all in great shape, boxes and stuff, I took good care of my stuff even as a 5th grader.

But I started playing n64 in college and with my friends and they'd come over and step on my boxes and I didn't care because all i wanted to do at that point was play Smash Brothers, touch some boobs, show my willy to a girl and get good grades I didn't really care about videogame boxes. God I was so dumb. My SNES and NES stuff is in better condition than n64 stuff how messed up is that? There are certain things in life you come to regret but you can't do anything about it as an old man.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
when iw as like 5 years old i treated snes and nes boxes like...uhhh, boxes. so i opened up mario world and contra 3 on christmas and threw the boxes away like some savage.

how about did you ever loan a friend your game with box included? fuck me what a dumbass i was. got the game back but not the box.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Sin & Punishment was great too, but I didn't discover that until years later when I became a loser and started buying import games. :p

No doubt, the Wii game compared was such a let down. I remember when UltraHLE came out when I was in college and people went apeshit over it and someone figured out how to get it to kind of work. That was my experience with it being able to do the first couple stages before it tanked, later though emulators improved not long after so I played there, later on the Wii dump of it. Happy to say though a few years ago I bagged both that and Bangaioh on an really weirdly listed domestic ebay sale with a cart convertor from some ebay shoe salesman (odd listing for that person) and they undervalued it so bad S&P and the converter were free! They're fun games, but don't kid yourself thinking Treasure stuff (Bangaioh or Mischief Makers) are likely to appear on a device if it happened.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
The Wii sequel is not terrible but yeah it just felt uninspired compared to the original.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Nobody remembers Extreme-G??
For me was more funniest than F-Zero!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ok...real talk...

If it had Paper Mario, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Mario Kart on it...I'd probably pick it up.