Will people buy PSP VITA when it comes out in Feb next year?

SSS

neo retired
I can't remember where I saw that comparison pic first but I'll take the OLED over an extra hour or two of battery life.

I got my WD Vita bundle today! Downloading stuff to the PS3 and waiting for the Mem cards (8,16,16) I ordered. I'm glad I downloaded Disagea 3 a while back:glee:

The current Vita OLED isnt without it's faults though. It suffers from "mura" which are like random ink blotches when the screen is dark. You probably won't notice it 90% of the time. But if you are watching movies or playing a game like Limbo you will can be kind of annoying. Not an issue on LCD screens

But other than that, I would still take the OLED over an LCD replacement.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've not noticed it yet but damnit, now I'll be looking:lolz:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
This system has a nice 2014 line up, its cementing itself as the otaku handheld even in the west. We have Sorcery Saga out now, and Dangan Ronpa, Demon Gaze, and Conception II are on the way. And Xseed has been teasing some upcoming games for the west and one of the hints seems to show Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Hope we actually see a physical copy on that one.

SSS

neo retired
For those worrying about battery life while traveling, just pick up the following (forget the official Sony extra battery pack)

You'll need this to charge the vita using the supplied USB cable if you wish to charge on anything other than the AC adapter (and much faster than trickle charging while hooked to a PC). It simply shorts out the data wires so the Vita thinks it's plugged into a standard charger. You can also make one by hacking up a USB extension cable, but this is cheaper and much cleaner. Don't use it with anything else but the Vita.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Charge-Adapter-converter-Playstation/dp/B00EUWVHRO/

and then something like this which is 4X the capacity of the onboard Vita battery. You can also plug up a phone or whatever else at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/GMP10K-GearPower-Capacity-Station-Smartphones/dp/B00A35KPQQ/wer+station

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
As much as I love the PSPgo, the Vita is just so much more. I know Terraria was just recently released for it. I'll need that eventually; great game. But I really fear for my free time once Minecraft arrives for the Vita. The 3DS is still more comfortable in my hands than the Vita, but the Vita offers games that the 3DS just can't handle.

I'm glad I bought one before the LCD revision arrived.

SSS

neo retired
As much as I love the PSPgo, the Vita is just so much more. I know Terraria was just recently released for it. I'll need that eventually; great game. But I really fear for my free time once Minecraft arrives for the Vita. The 3DS is still more comfortable in my hands than the Vita, but the Vita offers games that the 3DS just can't handle.

I'm glad I bought one before the LCD revision arrived.

Pick up the PDP trigger grips. The Vita was killing my hands, but with these it feels almost like a standard PS3 controller.

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This system has a nice 2014 line up, its cementing itself as the otaku handheld even in the west. We have Sorcery Saga out now, and Dangan Ronpa, Demon Gaze, and Conception II are on the way. And Xseed has been teasing some upcoming games for the west and one of the hints seems to show Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Hope we actually see a physical copy on that one.

I don't know any of those games. Sound like JRPG's.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
So anyone with PS+ who isn't playing Sonic Racing Transformed on the Vita is missing out on quite a good time. This game is pretty rad with characters & stages built around tons of classic Sega IP.

SSS

neo retired
I have tis grip and it takes a little while to get used to the triggers...they aren't the best...they somehow just feel "off", but otherwise it does make the Vita feel tons better.

Yeah, they do feel a bit squishy. But that might be due to the fact the vita's triggers are already loose. The grip also helps keep your fingers off the rear touch pad.

Guacamelee looks awesome on the Vita's OLED. And albeit a bit flawed, Urban Trial Freestyle is alot of fun. Perfect in short bursts.

Phyeir

And I also forgot, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP is slated for 2014 as well. Rhythm based RPG, looks great.

*saner mode*

Plus new Senran Kagura games too, rhythm based cooking game and another title that is yet to be fully announced.

*end saner mode*

Magician

20 Year Member
My Vita grips arrived. Thanks again, SSS. So much more comfortable.

Magician

20 Year Member
I think my interest in Warframe is finally cooling a bit. As a result I picked up Muramasa Rebirth and Persona 4: Golden. I've heard and read nothing but good things about both. I look forward to playing those after Bravely Default.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I picked up Killzone Mercenary for $9 with PS+. I picked up Spelunky too.

I think I like the PS+ discounts more than the free (temporary) games.

yoyo

n00b
I'm tempted to get one eventually, I want to check out Ys: Memories of Celceta among a few other titles, but we'll see.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Anyone see this yet? New Tempest remake for the Vita out 2/11. Looks pretty cool to me...

Last edited:

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Well, I pulled the trigger on a Vita today. After skipping out on the previous generation of gaming my wife surprised me with a 3DS for Christmas, and I've been enjoying it so much I've been looking to get back into the hobby.

Since I'm still not sold on any of the new home consoles yet, I've been looking at Vita instead and today I finally decided to go for it. Ordered the system itself, along with the trigger grips mentioned earlier in the thread, along with Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, Y's, and Persona 4. I also found a store that sold the 64 gig cards for $91, so I decided to go with that to try to future-proof things.

Between these, the games I have for the 3DS, and my limited gaming time nowadays, I'm sure I'll be set for quite some time!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Finally I submitted an order to buy Vita Slim last Friday.............
I'm so excited and can't wait for the package coming this Thursday :D

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Ordered the system itself, along with the trigger grips mentioned earlier in the thread, along with Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, Y's, and Persona 4. I also found a store that sold the 64 gig cards for $91, so I decided to go with that to try to future-proof things.

Very nice - you pretty much got the best games on the system right now! I am playing through Dragon's Crown on the PS3... it's a fantastic game. I wish they made it a cross-buy with the Vita...

Phyeir

Only thing left to sweeten that list of games would be to get Hot Shots Golf. Those games are always sure fire for dozens of hours sunk.