Will people buy PSP VITA when it comes out in Feb next year?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thank you, sir. Good to be back, looks like I have a lot to catch up on being gone for nearly a year and a half.

Still not going to delete your profile.

oh and really dude...

come on. Giving Bobak credit for my awesome lines, in your sig.

I SAID THAT!

*puts on Heisenberg hat

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Still not going to delete your profile.

Deleting a profile when they actually want to return is a funny idea though, shoulda just gone for it. You've grown soft, Charles. :shame:

oh and really dude...

come on. Giving Bobak credit for my awesome lines, in your sig.

I SAID THAT!

*puts on Heisenberg hat

2uepsoo.gif

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I just bought the Amazon bundle. PS Vita w/Walking Dead, Uncharted: GA, RCR, and Sly Cooper for $179.99. I also bought a 32GB memory card for $70. I know a couple of the Vita games are free if you're a PS+ member, but the games didn't factor into the purchase. I think the price of $180 is very reasonable for what games are available, specifically...Dragon's Crown.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Wow that is a nice price on that bundle for what you are getting.

Amazon had a deal going on vita games at $9.99 a pop. I grabbed uncharted, gravity rush, resistance, sly cooper, battle allstars, walking dead, little big planet, and killzone ($20 on this one).

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, those Vita game prices on Amazon were awesome.

Congrats Magician. I used to be one of the harshest critics of the Vita, but I got to say the library has really come along. I absolutely love my Vita now. This holiday season is particularly awesome with Killzone, Tearaway, Injustice, and Ys.

Does anyone know if the next Walking Dead game will be on the Vita as well...or is it strictly going to be a console release for now?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Vita bundles gonna be even cheaper when people start dumping them in January.
Sony can't even give em away.

I'll consider one in 2014, but I still don't see the games.

Phyeir

Vita bundles gonna be even cheaper when people start dumping them in January.
Sony can't even give em away.

I'll consider one in 2014, but I still don't see the games.

Make sure to keep an eye on the news for the refreshed units. The new screen isn't as good and the build quality is a bit different (Like the PSP models after the 1000 unit). They haven't announced them over here, but given they have them out in Japan, it's just a matter of time until they run through the stock.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Make sure to keep an eye on the news for the refreshed units. The new screen isn't as good and the build quality is a bit different (Like the PSP models after the 1000 unit). They haven't announced them over here, but given they have them out in Japan, it's just a matter of time until they run through the stock.

I was thinking about getting new vita slim................
maybe I'll wait until price drops to $99 :P

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

The bundle on Amazon is a freaking steal. You get the WiFi/3G model, a bunch of games, and a 4GB card (eh, but it's something) for $179. Hell, I don't even want a Vita and I'm tempted to pick that bundle up.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I would stay away from the slim, they use a cheaper LCD. That OLED in the OG is extra, dyna, super, whim-diddley BOSS.

ku-xlarge.jpg

The top one is the OG Vita.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I can't remember where I saw that comparison pic first but I'll take the OLED over an extra hour or two of battery life.

I got my WD Vita bundle today! Downloading stuff to the PS3 and waiting for the Mem cards (8,16,16) I ordered. I'm glad I downloaded Disagea 3 a while back:glee:

Phyeir

Last few screen comments said:
OLED >>>>>>> LCD

Exactly. its even more of a jump than from the PSP 1000 to 3000 to my eyes.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That side by side comparison of screens is a real eye opener. Can't even read the small print in the bottom screen there.

Magician

20 Year Member
Got my Vita today, although I still have to wait for the memory card to arrive (seperate seller). All the things I've read about the Vita screen are true. This thing looks slammin', downright gorgeous. It makes the Wii U gamepad look ancient by comparison.

The game sizes are scaring me though. Even with the 32GB card I might run out of space quickly. Unchated, 3.5gb. Sly Cooper 3.5gb, Walking Dead 2.5gb, Dragon's Crown 1gb. I can see myself deleting Uncharted and Sly Cooper after I've finished them for the sake of having space for games I'd rather keep.

Gravity Rush is currently free for PS+ members, another game I wanted to try badly.

Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Muramasa Rebirth
Velocity Ultra

I think there's lots to play here on Vita once my interest in Warframe cools down.

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'm buying the Vita early next year, so I've been slowly amassing the various peripherals I need. Managed to find a 16Gb card for $18 on clearance at Target and a carry case, also on clearance, for $7. Just need screen protectors and a couple of cheap games to get me started, now.

PS - Great deal on the Vita, Magician.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I can see myself deleting Uncharted and Sly Cooper after I've finished them for the sake of having space for games I'd rather keep.

That's where I plan on transferring the game file back to my PS3. I'd rather not delete my non-PS+ games but that's just me.

Phyeir

Got my Vita today, although I still have to wait for the memory card to arrive (seperate seller). All the things I've read about the Vita screen are true. This thing looks slammin', downright gorgeous. It makes the Wii U gamepad look ancient by comparison.

The game sizes are scaring me though. Even with the 32GB card I might run out of space quickly. Unchated, 3.5gb. Sly Cooper 3.5gb, Walking Dead 2.5gb, Dragon's Crown 1gb. I can see myself deleting Uncharted and Sly Cooper after I've finished them for the sake of having space for games I'd rather keep.

Gravity Rush is currently free for PS+ members, another game I wanted to try badly.

Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Muramasa Rebirth
Velocity Ultra

I think there's lots to play here on Vita once my interest in Warframe cools down.

Few others to consider as well...

Dead or Alive 5+ - If you haven't already jumped on the series and will use it on the go alot, this isn't a bad purchase choice.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus - I believe you said you liked Burst, the Vita game is just a vast improvement on a great frantic beat-em-up. Plus, you're empowering women. Does require an import and you won't know any story unless you read japanese.

Touch My Katamari - If you can get it cheap, it's worth it. It's a bit shorter and has less replay to me, but at something like $15 it would be worth a go.

Street Fighter X Tekken - If you didn't jump on this, it can be got for $20 and it comes with all the DLC characters and a code for downloading the outfits.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Mortal Kombat is nice too, plus it comes with all the dl they charge on the bigger systems. Silent Hill Book of Memories plays like a dungeon crawler type game, its not bad.

Magician

20 Year Member
Memory card arrived. The current, free PS+ membership Vita games are...

Soul Sacrifice
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Hotline Miami
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Alright, that's pretty awesome!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Memory card arrived. The current, free PS+ membership Vita games are...

Soul Sacrifice
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Hotline Miami
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Alright, that's pretty awesome!

Once you don't renew PSN+ then those free games will be gone, right?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Y's Memories of Celceta is supposed to be decent, haven't played it yet though.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It's not even the free games, the discounts have paid for my PSN+

I've grabbed quite a few PS classics & PSP games for the Vita.

I really can't wait until they release it bundled with the PS4. Obviously, the more Vita's out there, the more likely companies will develop games for it.

http://www.m-create.com/english/latest_research/e_ranking.html

The 3DS is doing well in Japan with 26 games in their top 50 while the Vita has 2.