Why in the hell is it being called 'the Senate GOP coronavirus relief bill'?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You can't pump your own gas here either, most likely the Commies are afraid people would put the gas in a container and use it as an explosive or whatever.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
How much does it cost over there?

They go by liters here. Roughly 3.8 liters is equal to 1 gallon. Price per liter now is 6 kuai right now maybe? Or maybe it's around 7.

Dang, if it's 6 kuai it's $3.25 per gallon. If it's 7 kuai that's $3.80 per gallon. Woof.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
They go by liters here. Roughly 3.8 liters is equal to 1 gallon. Price per liter now is 6 kuai right now maybe? Or maybe it's around 7.

Dang, if it's 6 kuai it's $3.25 per gallon. If it's 7 kuai that's $3.80 per gallon. Woof.

So it’s just a bit higher than the price of fuel in California.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Everything in CA is insane.

We’re at about 50 cents a gallon in state taxes with just under 20 cents a gallon federal. Then the increased cost of fuel due to higher cost of living.

It’s rough for a young person not making a big salary out of college to get ahead.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
lol

NYC 280 deaths per 100k
NY (minus NYC) 79 deaths per 100k
NJ 177 deaths per 100k
CT 124 deaths per 100k
MD 57 deaths per 100k

Those are historical stats. I'm not going on vacation in March, I'm going in Mid August.

I'm not worried about dying (much) I am most concerned with having to self quarantine.

Based upon Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 205, issued June 25, 2020, the following states and territories meet the criteria for required quarantine:

Alaska
Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
California
Florida
Georgia
Iowa
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Minnesota
Missouri
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Nebraska
New Mexico
Nevada
Ohio
Oklahoma
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin

This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.

MD
877 cases per day (6.046 million population)

NJ
382 cases per day (8.8 million population)

NY
382 cases per day (19.5 million population)

By virtue of MD being on (or even if they were in danger of going on) the NY/NJ/CT quarantine list, I would have to quarantine when I got back. I wouldn't even be able to use half of my vacation in NJ (as was previously planned).

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Reason enough still to never visit.

Gas is actually cheaper in NJ than PA/NY for whatever reason (something about the refineries being on the delaware bay or some shit).

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All the news is calling it that, just googling it gives me deja vu of Sinclair broadcasting using the same words for all the different tv stations.

Included is $1,750,000,000 for a new FBI headquarters in DC - why is this important?

As far as I can tell, there is no Senate Bill. It's just all talk.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Everything in CA is insane.

We’re at about 50 cents a gallon in state taxes with just under 20 cents a gallon federal. Then the increased cost of fuel due to higher cost of living.

It’s rough for a young person not making a big salary out of college to get ahead.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Oh, that’s great.

I was actually surprised today to learn that there are a few counties in CA with less than 5,000 people. The counties in CA, on a whole, are pretty large geographical areas. I mean I’m aware vast areas of the state are rural but I misunderstood to what extent some of these places are just so not populated.

According to Wikipedia just about a third of the counties have less than 100,000 people. Lot of these counties are in far northern CA.

Did some quick looking at there were some actually reasonably priced land out there, given that you want land in what is functionally the middle of nowhere. There’s hope for dug retiring to the wilds in a yurt, yet.

Woody is the best.