Who loves pinball? (moved)

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I really want to get a pin. I'm thinking about a classic era stern machine as it would be my first pin, and I don't know much about them. If anyone near Chicago burbs has something that they are looking to move on from hit me up ;)

Late 70s/80s Sterns like Meteor, Ali, Big Game, Flight 2000 etc should be very reasonably priced while still being fun. I love the early Sterns for this reason. Try checking Pinside or ebay/craigslist for your area. Maybe also KLOV.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Modern Pinball NYC's hosting a Big Lebowski pre-launch event on Friday and Saturday night. I highly doubt they'd be able to have the game out during "normal" business hours since they want the place to be more family friendly and I don't think the Dutch Pinball guys have added in bleeped samples from the movie. From the videos I saw at Pinball Expo they where using the direct quotes. I'll be there both days trying to get as many pictures and videos of it that I can and I'll be sharing them here for you guys.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I'm debating picking up a Taxi near me. What do you guys feel a fair price for a Taxi is? I'm a big System 11 fan, so take that into account as well. Sad thing is I don't even have room for it in my house. It would have to spend winter in the garage.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
What shape is it in? Taxi has been steadily increasing in price unfortunately. It used to be a bargain, now you're probably looking at $1500 or so depending.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
It appears to be in pretty good shape. I figured that it was closer to $1,500 nowadays but in my head is still a $700 machine.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm sick of playing Taxi both for real and on PInball Arcade/PHoF. The ones I play in the wild all seem to have weak-ass flippers.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
10858571_787981164614474_1085767894104307420_n.jpg

Got to play it two nights in a row. It's still on "Pre-Alpha" code. Which means no features and modes, but they've got a ton of music and clips from the movie. Can't wait to see when it finally shapes up. I made an account on Vimeo just in case Blip and YouTube take the video down for copyright claims.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I saw something in one of my FB groups that they're not making all of these they're supposed to? I don't follow the drama on Pinside. Know anything about that?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Season One and Two of Pinball Arcade are at a 50% discount. I think I bought all four seasons on PC this past Friday. And I told myself to go for it because they never seem to put the tables on sale. :envy:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I only heard about the Pinfest drama after I left on Saturday night. None of the team members said anything about it, neither did anybody at Modern Pinball the two nights in a row I was there. I did notice that a few of them stayed in the back room but a lot where out chatting and playing games. I only saw the crap after I finally got a seat on the train ride home and was reading a PM I got from somebody on the Arcade Hunters Facebook page because he was worried he pre-ordered the game and he really wanted to know if it was going to be a reality or not.

I try my best to stay out of any drama, I just like to play the games and speak about what I like on them or not...but I really have to say. I find it odd that this small little band of guys from The Netherlands who put together a REALLY fun playing game (it's still in Alpha code, so no modes) and somehow get the rights to all of the music and actor's likenesses while Stern can't get one actor from The Walking Dead to come in to do custom calls or even use soundbites from the TV show...so I guess we've got to wait and see.

I loaded the video onto YouTube and it instantly got tagged due to all of the music. It's blocked in some countries due to it. I plan on making the video live tomorrow night so everybody can watch it before they take it down. Sadly my shitty computer can't process HD video well so I can't get the video small enough to go onto Blip or Viemo. But last night I took more video of the game which I plan on just clipping together with highlights and stripping all the music and just talking over the footage with my thoughts about the game and what I thought about it.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I hope whatever issues there are get worked out. It looks like a hell of a game and uses the license well. The bowling subplayfield is genius. Unfortunately, it seems like everything in the pinball world is a gigantic clusterfuck - one of the main reasons I don't involve myself with it too much.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So I just won an auction for a Data East Robocop pin! It needs a little bit of work but I am stoked to finally own my first pinball machine! I'll post pics once I've picked it up.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Nice pickup on Robocop. Never had the fortune to play it yet. All I know is you've gotta make sure the flippers are nice and juiced so you can make it over the jump ramp.

I'll leave the link here for The Big Lebowski. Sorry that if you're not in the US the video might be blocked do to the copyrighted music.

http://youtu.be/5qKgj2QbAuA

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Never played Robocop anywhere or even seen it.

Nice Video on Big Lebowski. Looks very professional.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice pickup on Robocop. Never had the fortune to play it yet. All I know is you've gotta make sure the flippers are nice and juiced so you can make it over the jump

Cheers, I am very happy! I spoke with the seller this afternoon and he said I got a very good deal, other buyers were calling him all day making offers, but lucky me.

First pinball is never enough from what I hear.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks dude, I watched all the vids, on repeat.

Can't wait to pick this up on Friday.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Pic as promised. This thing is in amazing condition!

IMG_4014.JPG

brettybluevein

New Challenger
Damn dude! That looks to be in GREAT shape! Really nice pull there. I hope you really enjoy your first pinball machine. They are extremely addictive.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Seriously, that thing looks fucking mint.

Cheers! It's in really good condition, especially the backglass which is flawless. You can't see it from the photo but there are chips and scratches here and there, but nothing some wood putty and black paint can't fix. I can't wait to give it some love.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wrestlemania Pinball.jpg

And Wrestlemania is the next game from Stern. Once again same cab, no new DMD. John Trudeau is the designer on the game. A poster on Facebook said he had more time to work on this unlike Mustang. Considering he made Judge Dredd and TX-Sector then I hope it'll turn out better then Mustang.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I'd be more interested if they used the entire historical roster than current fucks like Cena. Guess I should just go play Royal Rumble. I'll give it a shot though if it plays well.