Who loves pinball? (moved)

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Just read this in the comments from one of Todd Tuckey's videos of Gottlieb's Gladiators. The designer, Jon Norris has a blog and he wrote up about the game. He says about how short of a development time they had on making each game and said that Gladiators was originally supposed to be The Legend of Zelda after the two Mario pinball's where successful. He says the company had wanted to do American Gladiators but after the deal fell through they had already spent too much time on it and just decided to go with a medieval setting and just called it simply, Gladiators. After reading some of the posts on his blog I can see why many of the 1980-1990's era Gottlieb games sucked. Less development time really hurts games, plus if you look up Jon Norris's name on IMDB it looks like he was the only designer they had at the time, his name is attached to almost every game they made.

http://www.norrispinball.com/blog/?p=30

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Tried to go game at SS Billiards today and there was a sign on the window saying they won't open till the weekend. Must be remodeling per the indiegogo campaign.

Played a few games of Spiderman and Batman at a bar near my house and got 128M (?!) on spiderman. I can't get near that at Blainebrook.

Looks like my work schedule won't allow me to participate in tourneys at blainebrook anymore unless I ask for a weekend off.

I see on the Vita it has the update for Diner and Dracula. Both of those pins, at one time or other, were at Blainebrook. Gotta charge my vita and I think I'll get the season's pass.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I figure I'll post here since next to nobody replied on the Arcade Hunters Facebook Page...

I'm going out to Vegas next weekend. I usually spend a day or two at the Pinball Hall of Fame. While I'm out there, which games would you like to see me get video of? I plan on doing yet another walkthrough as well as a look at some of the important games that have there and making a video about that. I'm pretty sure they also finally got a Congo in so I can't wait to play that.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I'm going out to Vegas next weekend. I usually spend a day or two at the Pinball Hall of Fame. While I'm out there, which games would you like to see me get video of?

maybe not the most popular but i would like to see.

1 Gilligans island
2 bad cats
3 nightmare on elm street

if q-berts working that be cool too

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
To the untouchables of pinball - Season 3 pass is finally up on PSN for Vita and PS3.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Whoring out here with my new video from the Hall of Fame. Since I was able to clear up the BS with my YouTube account they allow me to post videos longer then 12 minutes, so here's a full 22 minute long tour of the HOF.

To be brutally honest with all of you after three years of going the place is really pathetic when you compare it to other museums that have come up like the Pacific Pinball Museum and the Silverball Museum in Asubury Park NJ. The place is dank, dark and not very friendly. Once you get over the fact there's over 400 games there you start looking into everything else it lacks. When you go to Silverball they have nice big banners on all of the games with the history of each game. At the Hall you get handwritten index cards with stupid puns on them. (WWF Royal Rumble is listed as "Roy Rumba" and new games don't have anything on them.) The only souvenirs you can buy are generic pressed pennies. They don't even have a t-shirt you can buy there or even online. Yet I've got shirts from Flippers in North Carolina and...IT'S A FUCKING GAS STATION!! A GAS STATION WITH PINBALL HAS MULTIPLE SHIRTS OVER THE FIRST PINBALL MUSEUM!!! Anybody else see something wrong with this?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Bummer. I planned to go when I was at Evo but couldn't round up a crew and had to catch my flight. Seems like I might not have missed much.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
This is coming from me. Keep in mind whenever I go I make sure I get at least two full days in there. Whenever I go I'm there more then Tim is. So I tend to notice things a lot more then if you where only going for a few hours before you had to catch a flight back home. Other then wanting to see Penn & Teller I don't care much about Las Vegas. I'm not into playing cards or gambling and it's just a fancy tourist destination.

It's still WELL worth checking out if you haven't been there before. Where else has that many games in one place? Most of the games are hit or miss. It sucks because they've only got two techs working there. One's Tim who's there to open the shop and he'll come in around the end of the night and the other guy Sal who's there once and a while. Since he's a "museum" he says he can't pay anybody to work there, either to fix games or even to attend the counter.

Depending on where in the MASS Crew you are, you need to check out Lanes N' Games as well as my friend Sarah's place, Pinball Wizard Arcade. It's the most amount of pinball machines on the east cost you can visit year round. (PAPA would be number one but their not an arcade or museum and only open a handful of times a year.)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
This is coming from me. Keep in mind whenever I go I make sure I get at least two full days in there. Whenever I go I'm there more then Tim is. So I tend to notice things a lot more then if you where only going for a few hours before you had to catch a flight back home. Other then wanting to see Penn & Teller I don't care much about Las Vegas. I'm not into playing cards or gambling and it's just a fancy tourist destination.

It's still WELL worth checking out if you haven't been there before. Where else has that many games in one place? Most of the games are hit or miss. It sucks because they've only got two techs working there. One's Tim who's there to open the shop and he'll come in around the end of the night and the other guy Sal who's there once and a while. Since he's a "museum" he says he can't pay anybody to work there, either to fix games or even to attend the counter.

Depending on where in the MASS Crew you are, you need to check out Lanes N' Games as well as my friend Sarah's place, Pinball Wizard Arcade. It's the most amount of pinball machines on the east cost you can visit year round. (PAPA would be number one but their not an arcade or museum and only open a handful of times a year.)

I need to visit both of these places eventually, but at least I can scratch the itch with Blainebrook that has quite a selection.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I installed Marvel Pinball on my Shield, recently, and the bug bit me pretty hard. I have been playing the first two "seasons" of Pinball Arcade tables for the past month or so. I never bothered to learn table rules when I was a kid in the arcades. Now that I pay attention to them, the game is a lot more fun. I screamed like hell when I first made the Billion Point shot in Bride of Pinbot.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I installed Marvel Pinball on my Shield, recently, and the bug bit me pretty hard. I have been playing the first two "seasons" of Pinball Arcade tables for the past month or so. I never bothered to learn table rules when I was a kid in the arcades. Now that I pay attention to them, the game is a lot more fun. I screamed like hell when I first made the Billion Point shot in Bride of Pinbot.

Yea, pinball arcade has the rules. It points out where to shoot, but it doesn't narrate them like the 360 and PS3 disc versions do. The rule sheets on the newer ones are like 400+ screens. Yikes.

brettybluevein

New Challenger
I was told to bring my pinball talk over here.

This is my gameroom...

v3AYytG.jpg

And here is my most recent addition, a Gorgar from 1979.

6eI7cqI.jpg

oL6FeAI.jpg

And here's my wonderful Funhouse that I got a little over a moth ago...
plvN3Ff.jpg

I also have an Earthshaker but it needs work before it goes into the arcade so I have it stored.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I actually thought to bump this thread when I saw your posts in the marketplace banning thread.

Are there any videos of you playing? A youtube search for "Brett Emerson" doesn't turn up anything pinball related.

What are your favorite SS/EM tables?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Getchaself a hot dawg!

*fixed

http://replayfx.org/

All of the entrees for the pinball tournament at ReplayFX where sold out in less then half an hour. For me it's a tough sale since they want over 100 bucks and at the last few you had to pay the price on each game. You're guaranteed a whole day of playing but it's a steep price for when you've also got to pay for hotel, travel and food. I'm going to try to make it there for the rest of the convention. I gotta see about if I can get a cheap flight from Long Island to The Pitt since it takes over six hours to drive there so I'd much rather fly in.

brettybluevein

New Challenger
*fixed

http://replayfx.org/

All of the entrees for the pinball tournament at ReplayFX where sold out in less then half an hour. For me it's a tough sale since they want over 100 bucks and at the last few you had to pay the price on each game. You're guaranteed a whole day of playing but it's a steep price for when you've also got to pay for hotel, travel and food. I'm going to try to make it there for the rest of the convention. I gotta see about if I can get a cheap flight from Long Island to The Pitt since it takes over six hours to drive there so I'd much rather fly in.

Hey I'll be there! Was waiting online at 11am to grab my ticket. LOL

brettybluevein

New Challenger
I actually thought to bump this thread when I saw your posts in the marketplace banning thread.

Are there any videos of you playing? A youtube search for "Brett Emerson" doesn't turn up anything pinball related.

What are your favorite SS/EM tables?

There's no video of me playing, but I've been wanting to create a camera rig similar to what they use at PAPA, just haven't gotten around to it.

Favorite tables....SS would be Guns N Roses, Simpsons Pinball Party,Lord of the Rings, AC/DC, Attack from Mars, and so so many more....

EM's I don't really have a favorite but they are fun to play from time to time. Maybe Royal Flush or Wizard if I had to name one?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I really want to get a pin. I'm thinking about a classic era stern machine as it would be my first pin, and I don't know much about them. If anyone near Chicago burbs has something that they are looking to move on from hit me up ;)