Who are the best online Japanese Neo Geo sellers on Ebay?

I bought a few MVS carts from Japanese sellers. Most seem to have higher prices and always put copy artwork in their pictures. Sometimes they have original art, but I always feel like they are just hoping to get someone who slips up and doesn't notice the weirdly worded note about copied art in the description.

I did have very good experiences when I bought from a few small Japanese sellers. Ones who didnt' look to be running any full time store or just selling general Japanese toys and games at a small scale. I usually got very generous amounts of photos if requested. I also very often received candies and handwritten messages.

I don't think there is any use looking up any specific sellers as they do not have Neo Geo stuff all the time, and I'm lazy. I do still have a note among the junk on my desk from one of the sellers I had a good experience with. Says ebay name was dr.pvc

EDIT: I decided to look it up. dr.pvc wasn't japanese based. That was a portugal based seller.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Nothing really. Most sellers realize that neo collectors are idiots and will pay stupid amounts for plastic and paper. The whole things happening across the retro scene. It literally makes no sense because I see the prices being raised into the skies but, I dont see anyone actually buying these things with any sort of regularity at a all.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Haven't really used Japanese ebay sellers. But if you want another option you could try ordering from SOPHIA CORP directly. I've ordered CPS2 stuff from them and the prices are decent. It's just the shipping that'll get you. So it's best to order a few things at once or maybe even share an order with a few people to cut down the shipping cost.

anyway, just my 2 cents.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Haven't really used Japanese ebay sellers. But if you want another option you could try ordering from SOPHIA CORP directly. I've ordered CPS2 stuff from them and the prices are decent. It's just the shipping that'll get you. So it's best to order a few things at once or maybe even share an order with a few people to cut down the shipping cost.

anyway, just my 2 cents.

Yep, SOPHIA is great.
Bought several CPS2 boards from them and everything is great.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

anyway, just my 2 cents.

Love those guys but their prices (at least for PCBs) have gotten more and more OOC over the last two years. Every time they relist a board after selling one the price goes up.

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
So, would it be fair to say that buying MVS or AES from somewhere like ebay is safe for carts up to $100 but no more?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So, would it be fair to say that buying MVS or AES from somewhere like ebay is safe for carts up to $100 but no more?

Quite so, the modest price is inversely proportional to the raising hazard of buying a forgery but straight commensurate to the increase of safety while purchasing your item.

And...

2kj5Mw0.gif

Last edited: