Who are the best online Japanese Neo Geo sellers on Ebay?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Exactly. HitJapan is ok. You got to haggle on the prices though. I am pissed off that they have been gouging their Neo prices tho'.

Everytime i have tried to haggle with him for 5 bucks off, he would counter with .50 off. On a $70 item. No thanks.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I bought a couple expensive games off Hit back in 10' Pulstar AES being one of them i can't remember the others but everything was fine. Then he kinda pissed me off on Blazing Star when i asked if he could get it. He asked me to make an offer, I said $1000 he just laughed at that price he finally got to $1250 or $1300 can't remember. But i said fine but you had better guarantee that it is legit and i want detailed pics of every piece of it. He said he didn't know how to authenticate or verify AES games but he assured me he would get from a known store in Japan LOL. I said no thanks, that scared me away from this dude. No telling how many AES games he has sold not knowing the were fakes, sad.

Last edited:

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I bought a couple expensive games off Hit back in 10' Pulstar AES being one of them i can't remember the others but everything was fine. Then he kinda pissed me off on Blazing Star when i asked if he could get it. He asked me to make an offer, I said $1000 he just laughed at that price he finally got to $1250 or $1300 can't remember. But i said fine but you had better guarantee that it is legit and i want detailed pics of every piece of it. He said he didn't know how to authenticate or verify AES games but he assured me he would get from a known store in Japan LOL. I said no thanks, that scared me away from this dude. No telling how many AES games he has sold not knowing the were fakes, sad.

Had to recheck my carts. My NG paranoia kicked in. Amazon Japan, Sofmap, HitJapan, even my TTF all checked out legit. Ima lucky bastard. Amazon was the riskiest cuz I used a proxy.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Had to recheck my carts. My NG paranoia kicked in. Amazon Japan, Sofmap, HitJapan, even my TTF all checked out legit. Ima lucky bastard. Amazon was the riskiest cuz I used a proxy.

Sorry about making you paranoid bro however, I'm glad that they all checked out for ya. :cool: I just wanted to tell my personal experience dealing with this guy. So hopefully nobody trys to buy expensive / rare carts from him without knowing its very risky & potentially shady.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have dealt with HIT a bunch of times and I think they are solid. I actually just purchased a stick he had for sale for $50. I threw him a $35 offer and he accepted.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
Most Japanese sellers on eBay are either french locust living there OR genuine Japanese who put on a kipa and turned into Jews....

so nothing good left there in my opinion.

and as stated by others before - most Japanese retro stores have also been hit by bootlegs.

supposedly some shops check the boards but knows for sure..

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Untitled.png

To get teh deelz, you need to get in touch with your inner jew and hover over auctions like a hawk.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
i used ryoplanshop to complete my ngcd collection. he went the extra mile when i asked him for spinecards and offered me a bunch of these at a very reasonable price.
I have seen their shop personally in Sapporo and its really amazing how much they store there. Just they show it up on ebay very slowly. thats part of the business to keep the prices up i believe. Recently his prices grow but try to make an offer and it may work fine.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Anyone brought anything from 330megashock?

I bought a cheap cart off him, since his prices are really good, but he did say that shipping will take a while.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Thing with Hit Japan, arcadetower and such..they know at some point there will be one desperate individual with some excess cash ready to be burnt..

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
They're all mostly the same: overpriced & unnecessary. Best deals are made locally anyway, especially for Neo stuff. Oh... and patience is a virtue.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've used Yamatoku Classic plenty of times and I've always been happy with the service. If you're just looking for common games then that seller is worth trying.

IrishNinja

Kuroko's Training Dummy
while i totally get rampant boots as a problem: hasnt ebay been super pro buyer in recent years? i'd imagine anything you get that's not up to snuff, it'd be easy enough to reverse the charge through paypal...not ideal, but less risky at least. it's actually worse for sellers.

DPCameron

n00b
I go to Japan about once a year, which is obviously the best option for Australians with ridiculous shipping costs.

However, I've bought a few things from lil.tupac (akiba-games.com) and it's been all good for me. He has the same problem when marking condition and never shows board pictures. As has been said, though, pay with Paypal and you're pretty safe if things go bad. So far, I've had no boots. Then again, I've only bought low cost stuff from there.

I can't say for sure, but he seems to only mark up about 5-10% (if that, sometimes) for things.

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
So, is the ultimate answer to this question:

a: buying from ebay dealers isn't safe.

or

b: it is safe but only for carts under $500

?

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
It's safe up to the value that anyone would bother to pirate up the cart (+box /manual)

... The general idea being it's not worth their time to bother pirating a game around $100 because they have to sacrifice a cartridge shell of an existing game and put in the effort for the labels etc.

... given that you'll likely have to i)wait for a buyer ii) have a decent reputation/feedback and/or iii) probably suffer a couple of chargebacks until you find a buyer who didn't realize they bought a copy ... why would you bother trying to sacrifice a $50 game + time and effort for anything less than a $500 score?

...Otherwise for the time and effort you'd be better off making clearly labeled repros/pirates and selling them at a decent (but not too inflated) price to people who actually wanted a repro rather than trying to rip someone off in a hassle laden scam attempt.

... or embark on some other venture, like spray painting nes carts gold, or selling knock off handbags/clothes brands etc.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So, is the ultimate answer to this question:

a: buying from ebay dealers isn't safe.

Actually, this isn't far from the truth. From my experience those sellers are either clueless or streetwise regarding fakes. And either way, you'll end up with a boot afterwards.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yup, I've heard several times over the years that Japanese retailers neither know or care about if carts are boots or not. I've bought several common carts from Yamatoku or whatever that store's name is, but never anything anyone would bother to boot.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There's always PayPal in the end, but who needs that kind of trouble? It cost me at least a month to get my money back from Nin-Nin-Game, dense email traffic included.