What has changed since you joined this site?

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I don’t post very often as I generally don’t have tons to say. Just saw that I am coming up close to 9 years since I joined this site. Some of the stuff that has changed for me since then:

Had three children
Paid off a house
My grandparents died
My Mom died
Changed jobs three times
Changed Career once
Collect games more now
Play less games now( hard to find time)
Becoming a grumpy old guy
Care more about my lawn
Most of my passions have stayed the same
My empathy and patience has risen exponentially

I feel pretty much the same at 36 as I did at 27

Just a little curious about everyone else and thought it was an interesting topic.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Three kids wtf? Were the first two the same gender?

Congrats on paying off the house, how big is it? Plan on selling it and moving into a bigger one?

Sorry about your mom, that's too young to lose a mother.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I fucked some chicks
I fucked myself
I got fucked
I got fucked up
And the world turned

Edit: I beat Mad World playing it off and on during 10 odd years
Edit2: and blahblahblah

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Well I’ve been here for 12 years so...

Got laid off, got a job, got married, joined the Air Force, got out the Air Force, went back to the job I had, got divorced, got promoted, got engaged, got laid off from that job a few weeks ago (last day is technically Thursday but I’ve been on PTO. Had technically 9 years with the company...since I took a leave of absence when I joined the Air Force), start a new job Sunday.

Oh, and I have a cat now.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I've come to the conclusion that I really only care about myself, I enjoy spending time and money on myself and that's ok.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
I’ve been here not very long, though was a lurker for many years. My wife and I have had our second child and she is about to have our third. Started a new job where I’m finally happy in my profession after toiling around for the last 10 years at shitty places. Bought my second Land Cruiser, and hope to get it off road ready within a few months. Lot of shit has happened in the last few years.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've learned that no matter how much I wash my hands or how clean they appear the blood never really washes off.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've been posting on the same site for almost 20 years. Jesus Christ.
Been hospitalized 7 times for bi-polar disorder/schizoaffective disorder since 2000
Spent 5 years helping my Dad take care of my Mom
My Mom died
Moved out of my Dad's house and bought a house
Had a new garage built (The old one was 70 years old and shitty)
Put my Dad in an assisted-living facility less than a mile from my house.
Still spend time with friends, but less than I used to.
Spend time with Co-Workers (D&D Group)
Got into a steady, long-term relationship
G/F has lived with me off and on
Switched jobs 5-6 times, staying in two of them >3 years, been at my current one 5 years.
Sold off over 50% of my collection and got a retropi. (Including many Neo Geo AES Stuffs)
Playing games still, but with less frequency than I used to
Buying less games
Downloading games more
Buying more CDs and listening to more music (Especially Industrial) (Thank you 1/2 price hipsters)
Stopped watching movies in the theatre except for new Star Wars
Spending less time online
Buying more shit online than in stores

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I bought a puppy, raised her for 15 years, buried her, mourned, and got another dog.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (incurable autoimmune disease that wrecks your brain and spinal cord) last June, and, just the other day, found out that the strange mole I had cut out of my right thigh, and then analyzed by Mayo Clinic, was melanoma skin cancer (seeing the oncologist next Monday). I'm pretty much fooked. Those two things eclipse any other changes in my life.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (incurable autoimmune disease that wrecks your brain and spinal cord) last June, and, just the other day, found out that the strange mole I had cut out of my right thigh, and then analyzed by Mayo Clinic, was melanoma skin cancer (seeing the oncologist next Monday). I'm pretty much fooked. Those two things eclipse any other changes in my life.

The only thing that has ever mattered is the present.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Most notable thing for me was getting my penis and asshole waxed before my wedding. Seemed like the appropriate thing to do at the time but in retrospect was probably unnecessary.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nearly every aspect of my life. Who I am, who I am friends with, the core of my family, where I live, what I do for a living, my hobbies...hell, even my body as I was rather obese in 2005.

There's very few things in my life that are the same as they were in 2005.

*EDIT*

That was 14 years ago, 14 years before 2005 was 1991...and I can easily say my life completely flipped during that time as well so that change is normal. 14 years from now I'll be 56, my daughter 25. God only knows where I'll be when that times comes. Perhaps I'll be 250+ lbs again? Who knows...

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Everything has changed. Lost family members and friends, changed jobs, shitty diagnoses, etc. Overall, life sucked less in 2k1.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Everything has changed. Lost family members and friends, changed jobs, shitty diagnoses, etc. Overall, life sucked less in 2k1.

Everything was fine in 2001....riiiight up to 9-11, then not so much. The construction trade took a complete dump after 9-11 so 2002 was lean, real lean. The company I worked for laid off every guy they had that year.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Everything was fine in 2001....riiiight up to 9-11, then not so much. The construction trade took a complete dump after 9-11 so 2002 was lean, real lean. The company I worked for laid off every guy they had that year.

Yeah, that and the anti-terrorist hysteria made 2k2 and 2k3 quite crappy.

I had just ordered Slug 3 US from Shawn when 9-11 happened, parcel got delayed quite a bit...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
We all had more hair....

Just sayin'...

xROTx

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
So much shit has changed since then, hard to remember it all.
Got a degree, moved to France, Got fucking wasted and got laid a lot,
Another degree.First job, second job.
Quit job, travelled the world for a year.Third job, another degree.
Bought house, broke up, sold house. Still getting laid a lot. Met a girl, had kids. Lost friends, gained friends. Losing dad to Alzheimer. Gaming, sports and playing guitar have been my life's constant fallbacks.

I consider myself a lucky person having lived until now and having seen what I've seen.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Three kids wtf? Were the first two the same gender?

Congrats on paying off the house, how big is it? Plan on selling it and moving into a bigger one?

Sorry about your mom, that's too young to lose a mother.

Haha, waited till 30 to have kids. I wanted to be financially secure and have a strong vision of where my career and life was going. I actually always thought that I wouldn’t enjoy children. I was a rather reckless young adult and thought parenthood wouldn’t agree with me. We had the first child and within the first three months I lost my job of 8 years. I was being groomed for management and a better life or so I thought. Devastating news. Turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I earn triple what I used to and genuinely love my job. Once the first kid was born I realized how much I love being a father. To see something you made grow and learn and shape into an individual is an experience hard to describe. We are actually contemplating another child.

I have a 2100 sqft house that is rapidly becoming small. Most of that can be attributed to things we don’t actually need. We are contemplating a new house but I abhor debt. Right now I am beholden to none. That is a good feeling.

I had a rocky relationship with my mom. She abandoned us at an early age. I told myself it didn’t bother me but I realized that I actually harbored a lot of resentment. We reconnected when my first was born. I was still aloof until about a year before she died. She was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis and within 11 months was dead. She was a healthy person that never smoked and was promised a double lung transplant. Things progressed so quickly, and the disease is unbearable to experience. That event has massively shifted my life view. I work less and try to spend more time with my family. The fragility of life is something that is hard to comprehend when you are young and impossible to forget as we get older.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Nah, when I was in the Air Force from 2011-2014 they buzzed it all off and I’ve grown it back out since.

I need an accurate pube count...

1b0ef7d6c3ee29dcc74348e5df7ca984.jpg

xROTx

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Man. A lot has changed for me since 2004.
Graduated high school in 2007.

After multiple false starts finally got out of my shitty toxic hometown at 23.

Got engaged at 24, broke it off at 28 a year before the wedding, thank god.
Got a vasectomy so that I'll never fuck up and breed.

After many different jobs I finally found a career in municipal drinking water treatment and even through a loop hole in my employer's policies even earned an associates degree specializing in it that they paid for (something I never figured I'd have is any college education.)

Got tired of the job, went to Alaska for a season on a tug boat, loved it, came home and my mom died 10 days later. Ended up having to settle her estate which made it not possible to head back to remote Alaska for the next season since it took a year and a half to finally wrap up everything. Eventually got my old job back doing water with a pretty decent salary increase.

Met an actually intelligent and fun chick who's into the same punk shit as me while I was back here settling mom's shit. Took the first vacation of my life with her a few months ago. Can actually say overall I'm happy for the first time in my life since about the age of 13. I wasted most of my 20s working my fucking ass off to come up in the world and become stable. I'm 31 now and am really looking forward to the rest of my 30s being time I can enjoy now.

As far as games go, I've sold most of it, definitely focus nowadays on gaming taking up the least space possible because I've found the less junk I own the better I feel. Currently I'm trying to do away with owning a TV now that I bought an alienware laptop that has an hdmi input on it that I can use to hook up game systems to. May look into a tiny projector at some point as well.

All in all, I'm really friggin happy that I'm in 2019 and not back in 2004. Gives me anxiety even thinking about having to relive most of those years. Lol

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I've learned that no matter how much I wash my hands or how clean they appear the blood never really washes off.
"Out, damned spot."

I bought a puppy, raised her for 15 years, buried her, mourned, and got another dog.
I somehow still have the same two cats now that I had before I started posting here, and my mom still has one of the two cats that I bottle fed as stray kittens the year before that.