What do you think of label replacement?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Personally I could keep the labels. It's just the serials missing. The rest looks fine.

If you don't like them, you can sell one of the carts to me for cheap :tickled:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Those carts have holo labels that's why I'm struggling whether to make them looking good or just leaving them alone.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
If the label is gross, I'll replace it. Scratched serials alone is not enough reason for me. The carts Liquid Snake has pictured there look fine to me, so I wouldn't fuck with them. Holo label w/ scratched serials > repro label.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
If the label is gross, I'll replace it. Scratched serials alone is not enough reason for me. The carts Liquid Snake has pictured there look fine to me, so I wouldn't fuck with them. Holo label w/ scratched serials > repro label.

cool!!!!!! It makes sense~~~

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Same as everybody, I only replace filthy/unreadable ones. However I also cover Japanese ones with English labels. Do not damage teh Jap one, I print the English on regular paper, put it over the jap and put transparent tape over it. It looks ghetto but it works for me, and the original label is still there intact.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Same as everybody, I only replace filthy/unreadable ones. However I also cover Japanese ones with English labels. Do not damage teh Jap one, I print the English on regular paper, put it over the jap and put transparent tape over it. It looks ghetto but it works for me, and the original label is still there intact.

I don't think I've ever bought an MVS cart with a Japanese label. If I did, I don't have it anymore.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
And here I thought you were a real G.

I never cared about the label too much since I just keep them in shockboxes anyway. Although after having the games I can't read the Japanese, but I recognize the characters well enough to know what game is what.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Scratched serials look like fucking dogshit. Some of the 'game art' ones are better than others.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm a sucker for nice Labels. If The label looks like shit I just swap it out with a repro label that looks similar. No shame in replacing a label that's thrashed. Now I have a problem with people who replace a perfectly nice original label for some colorful one just because they think it looks better.

Only Mvs label I ever replaced was a Yaton Kizuna Encounter that came with some taped fake label. Replaced it with one of those NGH Joints.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
i keep faded labels, i buy gamer copies I'm in it to play em but a few I have already came with crappy fakes or fakes that tried to pass as OG so I replace those with the nice art covered ones members make here.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I almost only got gamers condition carts and honestly I don't care - I can figure out which game is which most of the time (sometimes hard with the jap ones) but all in all that works for me. If I'd go a replacement route for heavy gamers condition carts I'd look to replace everything (Red Omega Shells! ;))

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I don't think I've ever bought an MVS cart with a Japanese label. If I did, I don't have it anymore.

I only have sengoku2 with jp label, the rest are English. However I noticed I also slapped an aerofighters3 label over an original sonic wings 3 one. Didn't remember having done that.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Never replaced a single label...

I would put a post it note with the game on it.

Thing is, the cart is either gonna live in the cab or the closet...
And never be seen.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Scratched serials are fine by me, I kinda like the "history" behind why serials were scratched in the first place. I have no problem with Jap labels. I have a kinda photographic memory, so even if I can't read Japanese, I can recognize the characters and identify each game.

That being said, I would never buy a cart with a totally shit label nor a replacement label.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I don't have MVS carts, but in general when it comes to labels (and manuals), I don't mind some "damage" as long as it isn't destroyed or stinks like cat pee or something.

I like the evidence that games have lived a colorful, well used life before they came to my possession. Gives them character.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Scratched serials are fine by me, I kinda like the "history" behind why serials were scratched in the first place. I have no problem with Jap labels. I have a kinda photographic memory, so even if I can't read Japanese, I can recognize the characters and identify each game.

That being said, I would never buy a cart with a totally shit label nor a replacement label.

Pretty much this. I've only got one cart with scratched serials, it's a Last Blade and the label is holographic so there's no way I would replace it. Actually the majority of my collection is Japanese labels, I just use a post it to identify it if I can't already based on the label itself.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Pretty much this. I've only got one cart with scratched serials, it's a Last Blade and the label is holographic so there's no way I would replace it. Actually the majority of my collection is Japanese labels, I just use a post it to identify it if I can't already based on the label itself.

The only games I can recognize by Japanese label are the KoF (because of the number at the end, nothing else) and Metal Slug X (cause of the X). Also Garou, but only if using a blue-green shell :D

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I tried, but I just can't respect you. Those labels were fine. You should've spent the time it took to replace them playing the games instead.