What console were you most disappointed with?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Okay, reading these more, it's clear that everyone who list the N64 is a retard. But that's okay. It's not like you guys can accept that. The N64 wasn't as great as the SNES, but how did it really disappoint you back then? It didn't. And your responses here are simply 20/20 hindsight.

I was smart enough to have a PS1 before buying a N64, so it didn't bother me that much.

If I had only owned a N64 though? Yeah that would have sucked pretty bad. Mario and Pilotwings for a year until Goldeneye comes out.

Thats what every Nintendo console from then on has been, a good secondary system for when you get bored of playing the one that actually has good games coming out fairly consistently.

Phosis

New Challenger
I wanted a Playstation.

I wanted In The Hunt.

I wanted Crash Bandicoot.

But my parents, who somehow assumed that they had an "edge" on the gaming industry because my Mom worked at a video store for awhile or whatever, told me that "CD SYSTEMS SUCK. IF THEY SCRATCH, THEY DON'T WORK ANYMORE!!"

They weren't necessarily wrong, but it was not a very good reason to force me to get an N64 as my first (then) next-gen console.

I had suffered through Sewar Shark. I had been forced to sit through Myst for the 3DO. I had even sustained a long, nightmarish migraine from the Virtual Boy. And, I had even taken a trip to the video store to buy a Neo Geo before my mother gasped at the enormous price tag. (And of course, like 12 years later, one is finally being shipped my way as I type this.) But I never succumbed, never owned anything after the Sega CD. I had a Nintendo, SNES, Genesis, and the god awful Sega CD; it was time to move on.

So for months I saved my money, and finally, had enough to plunk down at launch time on the N64...a little bit after that, actually, when Waverace was available.

I had a lot of fun with Mario, Waverace, and Shadows of the Empire (before realizing what a pile of fuck it actually was.) but nothing after that.

I bought Goldeneye; it was pretty good. I bought Duke Nukem; my cousins and I enjoyed it a bit. After that, Starfox...and after that, the last game I ever owned was Zelda.

The N64 spent more time in my closet than it did on my TV. Got rid of it to buy a GBA, if I remember correctly. Bought one used for really cheap a couple of years back, and I still despise the goddamn thing. I would eventually get a Playstation, and then a Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox...you name it. But N64 was DEFINITELY the biggest dissapointment out of all of them. The Gamecube WAS pretty close, but it eventually got Resident Evil 4, at least.

Fuck N64.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I think, looking back on it, I've gotten good value out of all my consoles. Some are great right of the gate and some, like the PS3 and Wii, take time to become more rewarding to own.

But if I had to pick a console that satisfied me the least, I'd HAVE to pick the N64. I think of all the titles that made the transition from the previous generation to that console and can only think of a small handful that lived up to the promise. Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask were massive time sinks for me, and I loved the THQ WWF games and WCW vs. NWO wrestling game.

And even though I totally cop to it being a guilty pleasure, Shadows Of The Empire was a memorable experience for me. Being a MASSIVE Star Wars fan, it's the only SW game I consider 'complete' in that it represents the idea of Star Wars style action (ground action, vehicle action, space action.) Yeah, it's missing Jedi but I don't know that I'm really attached to the Jedi stuff much in SW anyway. I think I enjoyed the chase scenes and gun fights a lot more, comparatively. That stuff, the dashing escapes, the fast paced action, the excitement...Shadows gave me what I needed out of a SW game at that time.

Rogue Squadron was a pretty good game, too.

But really, of all the games I mentioned, only the Zelda games are really something considerable as quality. I didn't dig on Mario 64 (prefer it in 2D), I had a PC for FPS so Goldeneye's charms were lost on me and Castlevania was a HUGE letdown, and I own both of them (and played them) for completism's sake.

And that N64 controller was a big hunk of shit.

People have cited the Saturn, and their criticisms are fair, but I think I got what I was looking for out of the Saturn so I can't call that a disappointment on a personal level. But the N64...so much promise and so much failure to deliver on it.

I'd also say the Dreamcast was a disappointment, but I think I'm only disappointed that the DC didn't survive. The console itself had a great library. Also, not a fan of its controller but anyway...

Studioaudience

Crazed MVS Addict
Nintendo 64 growing up I think was 10 years I only owned one nintendo 64 game Super mario 64 , the prices sucked on n64 back then. I remember some people payed up for 110 for a used copy of super mario kart 64. Well I got a playstation for christmas and glad I stuck with it cause the games were much cheaper , cause my family would never spend 70 on a n64 game.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Okay, reading these more, it's clear that everyone who list the N64 is a retard. But that's okay. It's not like you guys can accept that. The N64 wasn't as great as the SNES, but how did it really disappoint you back then? It didn't. And your responses here are simply 20/20 hindsight.

I put in more thought and remembered how upset I was when the Dreamcast tossed in the towel and quit. You want to talk about disappointment? That's disappointment right there. I can't remember if the PS2 and Xbox were even released yet, but the DC was over and done with in what, 2 years? That's complete shit. 9.9.99 to 2.14.02 that's just 2.5 years. That's shit. For a system that had so much promise, that had RECV, Shenmue, and a load of great fighting games, to just give up that early. It's shit. That's disappointment.

If you were disappointed in the N64 at any point, then you were being stupid and childish, as if it could have been anything more than the SNES. The bulk of anyone's disappointment should be summed up in Crystal Dreams. After that, everything was completely fucking obvious. Like your collective retardedness.

I wad "disappointed" with SEGA's abandonment of the Dreamcast as well, probably moreso than the N64... BUT... everyone saw it coming. SEGA (as much as I loved them at one time, cause they ain't much left of them IMO) fucked up with the SEGA CD and 32X, and not enough forward thinking for the SATURN and then abandoning the Saturn instead of *Trying* to bring a lot of the stellar titles from Japan over here. Dreamcast might have made it had it been accepted by the masses of people who were holding out for Playstation 2 and didn't buy one.

As far as the N64 goes, I've stated my main reason is sure enough the ROBOTECH game, but overall, how can you or anyone else call those of us ultimately disappointed with it *Retarded* or stupid because we expected more? Was I blown away when I saw MARIO 64 and Waverace 64? ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY! But I also hated the controller from day one, and thought that other than the graphics being a few steps up from the FX Chip powered Starfox game on Super Famicom... that it just didn't look right. It was phenomenal but off in my mind somehow at the same time. When I compared it to Ridge Racer or Toshinden, I honestly felt those games looked better in late mid 1996 to early 1997. After making such a huge purchace for the import and anticipating ROBOTECH... I expected 3rd Party support up the ying yang. I figured there'd be "Street Fighter" games since Super Famicom did pull off SF Zero 2 to damn good results for a cartridge... I expected a Contra game that didn't suck from Konami, though they'd farm that out twice on Playstation and I'd line up N64 "Superman" against those entries and call it gold.

I expected shooter/shmups in 3-D going insane. Instead we got these weird Pastel colored crap in the Sonic Wings (Aero Fighters) series that didn't play like Sonic Wings... ONE halfway decent Star Soldier game in quasi 3-D but thankfully still 2-D. Don't get me started on "The Fog Effect" in Turok, that was cool for the first stage but it had to use this method to hide it's short comings. Mario Kart 64, while fun didn't live up to the Super Famicom original IMO... a crappy Castlevania game, a bunch of who gives a fuck Mortal Kombat games, not even a proper Ridge Racer game (and the one on the system was "okay")... and early on we're supposed to get crunk over BLAST DOZER? I never understood the ppl who liked that game? THAT was retarded.

In the long run the reason so many ppl hate on the N64 was that it really was a DISAPPOINTMENT to those expecting Super Famicom quality & greatness in the 3-D realm while still pushing out interesting and insane 2-D games. It simply didn't happen. Did the vast majority of us play and own the Nintendo 64 back then, I'm pretty sure we did. But outside of "holy crap!" upon playing Mario 64 or the water physics of Waverace... SRSLY man. We accepted what was an enjoyed it no doubt, but ultimately what began as phenomenal quickly became apparent to be smoke & mirrors with little 3rd Party support, and over time we did hate it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
This thread has me wanting to dig out ye olde N64.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I say retarded because the writing was on the wall. If someone was expecting mroe from the N64, they were fooling themselves. I didn't get an N64 thinking I was getting a new Final Fantasy, or fighting games. I got one because I loved playing Mario Kart with friends on the SNES, and figured I was in for more of the same. I was right.

Retards tend to make expectations where expectations should not be made. Their expectations disappointed are the focal points for their crises. Avoiding these stupid expectations helps stop a person from becoming retarded. Besides, the N64 completely surprised me with Sin and Punishment. That game is worth the purchase price of the system alone. Fact that the system was cheaper than anything else released at the time (Saturn or PSX) made any argument contrary to the N64 unreasonable.

While we knew that the DC was going to die, it was the way they let it happen. first off, you had gamestop employees publicly disparaging the DC, and telling customers not to buy one because the PS2 was coming out, or the Xbox. Ludicrous. All the while we kept getting A+ titles - how did the system not perform? Because people bought the hype about the PS2. And then they bought a PS2, and played SFex2 and GT3 for a year until shit came out. Now we all look at the PS2 as the best console of all time because of how big the library was or quality of games, yet I can't bring myself to play any of them now because graphically superior games are only superior for the moment, and after that if there's no substance (like tetris, gyruss, SMB3, Metroid) then there's no reason to play them outside their era.

I have sold a lot of my systems, but I never thought that selling my N64 would be a good idea. I didn't even want to sell off my games. I feel like the system vindicated itself with Sin and Punishment. I won't say that I love the system. I was always lukewarm about it. But I will say that the system was not disappointing. On the contrary, it exceeded expectations.

On the other hand, the DC, with all its potential, with the potential displayed by the shooters made for it posthumously, it was truly a shame and a disappointment that the company did not have more faith in its ability to weather the storm.

I wad "disappointed" with SEGA's abandonment of the Dreamcast as well, probably moreso than the N64... BUT... everyone saw it coming. SEGA (as much as I loved them at one time, cause they ain't much left of them IMO) fucked up with the SEGA CD and 32X, and not enough forward thinking for the SATURN and then abandoning the Saturn instead of *Trying* to bring a lot of the stellar titles from Japan over here. Dreamcast might have made it had it been accepted by the masses of people who were holding out for Playstation 2 and didn't buy one.

As far as the N64 goes, I've stated my main reason is sure enough the ROBOTECH game, but overall, how can you or anyone else call those of us ultimately disappointed with it *Retarded* or stupid because we expected more? Was I blown away when I saw MARIO 64 and Waverace 64? ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY! But I also hated the controller from day one, and thought that other than the graphics being a few steps up from the FX Chip powered Starfox game on Super Famicom... that it just didn't look right. It was phenomenal but off in my mind somehow at the same time. When I compared it to Ridge Racer or Toshinden, I honestly felt those games looked better in late mid 1996 to early 1997. After making such a huge purchace for the import and anticipating ROBOTECH... I expected 3rd Party support up the ying yang. I figured there'd be "Street Fighter" games since Super Famicom did pull off SF Zero 2 to damn good results for a cartridge... I expected a Contra game that didn't suck from Konami, though they'd farm that out twice on Playstation and I'd line up N64 "Superman" against those entries and call it gold.

I expected shooter/shmups in 3-D going insane. Instead we got these weird Pastel colored crap in the Sonic Wings (Aero Fighters) series that didn't play like Sonic Wings... ONE halfway decent Star Soldier game in quasi 3-D but thankfully still 2-D. Don't get me started on "The Fog Effect" in Turok, that was cool for the first stage but it had to use this method to hide it's short comings. Mario Kart 64, while fun didn't live up to the Super Famicom original IMO... a crappy Castlevania game, a bunch of who gives a fuck Mortal Kombat games, not even a proper Ridge Racer game (and the one on the system was "okay")... and early on we're supposed to get crunk over BLAST DOZER? I never understood the ppl who liked that game? THAT was retarded.

In the long run the reason so many ppl hate on the N64 was that it really was a DISAPPOINTMENT to those expecting Super Famicom quality & greatness in the 3-D realm while still pushing out interesting and insane 2-D games. It simply didn't happen. Did the vast majority of us play and own the Nintendo 64 back then, I'm pretty sure we did. But outside of "holy crap!" upon playing Mario 64 or the water physics of Waverace... SRSLY man. We accepted what was an enjoyed it no doubt, but ultimately what began as phenomenal quickly became apparent to be smoke & mirrors with little 3rd Party support, and over time we did hate it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm still amazed at how rapidly the DC went under. It seems like it was out longer than it was, since they changed the packaging halfway through.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I say retarded because the writing was on the wall. If someone was expecting mroe from the N64, they were fooling themselves. I didn't get an N64 thinking I was getting a new Final Fantasy, or fighting games. I got one because I loved playing Mario Kart with friends on the SNES, and figured I was in for more of the same. I was right.

Retards tend to make expectations where expectations should not be made. Their expectations disappointed are the focal points for their crises. Avoiding these stupid expectations helps stop a person from becoming retarded.

so funny and so true
awesome

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I would say expecting the Dreamcast to be a success was just as retarded. This is the same company who in less than a decade put out the Sega CD, the 32X and the Saturn.

At least with the DC, third parties kind of gave a shit for a little while. They never did on the N64.

Wasabi, I think your views of the N64 are more in hindsight than anyone elses. Its easy to say "Well, your expectations shouldn't have been so high" now, but coming off the SNES in 1996 and seeing the Final Fantasy 3/6 based tech demos and all that shit, it was hard to not get excited about what could have been in the future.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

Blast Corps was excellent simple clean fun.
Aside from that I agree with all of this. N64 could have conquered niche gaming (although I only think of this in retrospect).
We also had 2 shitty Castlevania games not just one.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
wasabi's right, you're all retarded. N64 was voted the greatest console of all time by the G4TV viewers on that countdown show they used to have. That's science.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would say expecting the Dreamcast to be a success was just as retarded. This is the same company who in less than a decade put out the Sega CD, the 32X and the Saturn.

At least with the DC, third parties kind of gave a shit for a little while. They never did on the N64.

Wasabi, I think your views of the N64 are more in hindsight than anyone elses. Its easy to say "Well, your expectations shouldn't have been so high" now, but coming off the SNES in 1996 and seeing the Final Fantasy 3/6 based tech demos and all that shit, it was hard to not get excited about what could have been in the future.

The thing was that I wasn't disappointed back then. I was having a lot of fun with the system. This was also during a time when I could not afford to buy games as mindlessly as I do now. In less than 3 months of 2010 I have spent and bought more games than I would in any year before I turned 21. It was just really easy to suffice on a few games a year for me back then, because I was a kid. Then I graduated from college, got paychecks, and expected that I could and would buy whatever I pleased. But by then, the GC was out, and that was a shitty system. I didn't buy my own GC, but it was the only system I owned in its generation after my launch PS2 broke, and for years until I bought a rombox to replace my neogeo collection. The entire time I had a GC I thought about getting something else. I didn't really feel that way with the N64 until 1999 when I bought a PSX for MGS and FFT. :-/

edit - woops, forgot I owned a DC. haha.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

Well, I don't think it's really fair to say that people were fooling themselves if they thought they were expecting more from the N64. Metroid, Castlevania and Starfox were all top flight titles associated with Nintendo consoles people were looking for the next iteration of. I think a lot of people were probably expecting the next Final Fantasy too, as the release dates and announce dates of the two were probably close enough that there was some confusion among consumers as to which console it was coming out for.

N64 was released in September of '96 and anticipation on the console was big enough that people were really looking forward to the next generation of games living up to their legacy. There was no Metroid release, Starfox 64 was great, the two Castlevania releases were horrid and Final Fantasy (and eventually Castlevania) went to PSX. Mario and Zelda were good, but other than that and Goldeneye, I don't think there were many 'buzzworthy' titles. There were some good ones but nothing was really setting the industry on fire. For this reason, I don't think it's unfair to label the N64 a disappointment.

On the other hand, the DC, with all its potential, with the potential displayed by the shooters made for it posthumously, it was truly a shame and a disappointment that the company did not have more faith in its ability to weather the storm.

I think the difference here is that the console itself lived up to the expectations gamers had, for the most part. It became a niche system as people gravitated to the PS2 and SEGA wanted to stay competitive so they shelved the DC. Probably at the time they were working on how to get back into the console fight and eventually just gave up trying as the market changed.

I still think the lack of a DVD player and, to a much lesser extent, BC with the Saturn tanked the DC in the long run. We understand these things were cut out to keep costs down, but lacking them didn't help. The PS2 could play all your old PS1 library and could play DVDs, which weren't the standard in home movie media back then. Of course people were going to pass on the DC in favor of the PS2.

Last edited:

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Considering that I owned many other systems that might have considered bad. I discounted most of them since I tended to buy them used and being pleasantly surprised (i.e. Virtual Boy still has some good games and is playable once you realize that it's comfortable to play if you're lying down.)

I vote to the Atari Jaguar. I fell for the pre-release hype. Went through a lot of grief to order the console, had to wait another two weeks for a game other then Cybermorph (which was Trevor McFurr)... yeah. Iron Soldier and Alien vs Pred made me hold onto a Jag at the end of the day.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Saturn.

The 3D was just fucking terrible. I remember playing Ridge Racer at Toys R Us, then thinking "well, Saturn probably can do this too" then was disappointed with just about every 3D title that turd came out with. A few years later it redeemed itself with awesome JPN Capcom fighters, but as a US system, it was garbage.

As many of you that say N64, I just can't agree. I understand what you are saying, and nothing could have lived up to the incredible success of NES and SNES, but I played so many many MANY hours of Golden Eye, Mario Kart 64, Wrestling, and Wave Race with friends on that thing that I simply can't put that on my list. Not to mention Mario 64, Wave Race and Pilot Wings are still played by me to this day. Should have been better, but (to quote TheCarpGuy) those were some of my best gaming moments.

Agree.

I still love N64 castlevania/goemon series.................

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, I don't think it's really fair to say that people were fooling themselves if they thought they were expecting more from the N64. Metroid, Castlevania and Starfox were all top flight titles people were looking for the next iteration of. I think a lot of people were probably expecting the next Final Fantasy too, as the release dates and announce dates of the two were probably close enough that there was some confusion among consumers as to which console it was coming out for.

N64 was released in September of '96 and anticipation on the console was big enough that people were really looking forward to Nintendo games living up to their legacy. There was no Metroid release, Starfox 64 was just okay, the two Castlevania releases were horrid and Final Fantasy (and eventually Castlevania) went to PSX. Mario and Zelda were good, but other than that and Goldeneye, I don't think there were many 'buzzworthy' titles. There were some good ones but nothing was really setting the industry on fire. For this reason, I don't think it's unfair to label the N64 a disappointment.

I think the difference here is that the console itself lived up to the expectations gamers had, for the most part. It became a niche system as people gravitated to the PS2 and SEGA wanted to stay competitive so they shelved the DC. Probably at the time they were working on how to get back into the console fight and eventually just gave up trying as the market changed.

I still think the lack of a DVD player and, to a much lesser extent, BC with the Saturn tanked the DC in the long run. We understand these things were cut out to keep costs down, but lacking them didn't help. The PS2 could play all your old PS1 library and could play DVDs, which weren't the standard in home movie media back then. Of course people were going to pass on the DC in favor of the PS2.

Do you really think the N64 Castlevanias were terrible? I don't think they were awesome like SotN or C3, but they were still solid titles on their own.

And yes, the lack of DVD playing capability was a killer for the DC. It was pretty stupid for them not to include it.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
If someone was expecting more from the N64, they were fooling themselves.

The NES and the SNES are two of the most beloved systems of all time. Is it so wrong that Nintendo fans expected that greatness to continue with the N64? Now, if you ask me...I say the N64 was a fine system. 1997 remains one of the greatest years of gaming in my life due in part to the N64.

Yes, the N64 trident controller was terrible. But atleast one third-party accessory producer realized how awful the trident was and made an excellent controller.

100_0455.jpg

I had six of these controllers when I owned an N64, it's always good to have backups. Four-player co-op brings out the worst in people. :D

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The NES and the SNES are two of the most beloved systems of all time. Is it so wrong that Nintendo fans expected that greatness to continue with the N64? Now, if you ask me...I say the N64 was a fine system. 1997 remains one of the greatest years of gaming in my life due in part to the N64.

Yes, the N64 trident controller was terrible. But atleast one third-party accessory producer realized how awful the trident was and made an excellent controller.

100_0455.jpg

I had six of these controllers when I owned an N64, it's always good to have backups. Four-player co-op brings out the worst in people. :D

The trident, as you refer to it, was a good controller. I dread to think of how that controller you posted fits in normal hands.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Although being quite ghetto in their production...those are actually really nice controllers.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Do you really think the N64 Castlevanias were terrible? I don't think they were awesome like SotN or C3, but they were still solid titles on their own.

Yeah, man. They were terrible letdowns for me, which is a big reason why I say the N64 is my console of choice for this thread. The control was bad, the atmosphere was lacking, the camera angles were horrid, the platforming was beyond frustrating and it just didn't feel like Castlevania. And where was the music?

Graphically, I think they looked all right (for the time), and some of the puzzles and hidden stuff was fun to look for but overall, it just felt like Konami didn't know what they were doing with it. To be honest, they've NEVER gotten a 3D Castlevania right (although Lament Of Innocence wasn't a terrible game), but the N64 games are pretty bad.

Although Curse Of Darkness is far, FAR worse than the N64 games. I'd play the N64 games before I'd play Curse again. Fucking AWFUL.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member

I personally KNEW there'd be more of the same from NCL bro. I mean, their 1st party IP stuff was always Solid Gold. But you're smoking some Plumber's Pipe Dope laced cigarettes if you think ppl should not have expected something "Fantastical" from the Nintendo 64. Early conceptual drawings of the system rivaled the bad assery of the NEC SuperGrafx in terms of being Quasi Cyberpunk... they (NCL) had built up momentum over their latest and greatest project by calling it ULTRA 64. Everything pointed to this cart based system as being some sort of Paradigm shift the gaming world had never seen, and to forget about Sony's systems or anything Sega was doing... and what became Vaporware photos were touted as being a real time SGI Workstation in a box with no loading times and all that.

The way NCL and the magazines of the time promoted what became the N64 as we know it, just about anyone in the mid 90s was expecting some super duper LEAP in technology aside from their 1st Party fun games, and in the early days of the Internet and the whole .COM boom... ppl didn't know what to expect. How could we? Looking at it 13 1/2 years later it's clear we SHOULDN'T have had high expectations. But Nintendo always came through with their systems and their ability to have great 3rd Party support. But back then, we were all impressionable and didn't have the Internet of 2010 to see CES, TGS, E3 and more. We just had those magazines to rely on, and whatever some guy who had a friend or something in Japan knew about or had a bit more info on.

I AGREE WITH YOU 5000% on Sin & Punishment though.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Of course people expected the N64 to do as well as the SNES, that was the whole point of Big N's marketing and many believed them. The success story of Nintendo from the NES to the SNES days did not offer grounds for serious doubts in that regard, and those who had them (e. g. about the questionable choice of media) were boo'ed off the stage by an enraged crowd of Nintendo fanboys.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
hating nintendo is the cool thing to do, all the hardcore gamers are doing it!!!!

But seriously, aside from perhaps Merc, I think most people here are full of shit. You claim to have loved the nes and snes so much and those systems played such a huge role in your life until nintendo released the atrocity that is n64 and crushed your spirits....BULLSHIT.

If you loved the oldschool consoles as much as you claim, then there is no way you could have felt even the slightest bit disappointed w/ games like Mario, Zelda or Starfox etc etc. Nintendo took the games that you claimed to have loved so much as kids, and reinvented them into stellar 3d masterpieces - and yet you claim to have been disappointed with them? yeah fucking right.

Either you guys aren't as into the nes and snes as you claim to be, or you got your n64 10 years after they were released. And if you say otherwise, you are full of shit.

And lol at this fool Wes trying to provoke me. Proof? What, do you want me to do, scan my degree? haha. Why don't you go back to the war room and try to get some more cockshots of members here. i'm sure heartlessninny will be happy to oblige.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... More of this, and someone's well on their way to butthurt meltdown land. Oh! Let's hope so. :tickled:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
And lol at this fool Wes trying to provoke me. Proof? What, do you want me to do, scan my degree? haha. Why don't you go back to the war room and try to get some more cockshots of members here. i'm sure heartlessninny will be happy to oblige.

Trying to provoke you? I'm merely calling your intellect into question, because you've already been called out for making misconceptions about the thread topic and continue to blatantly ignore it. I would love for you to scan your degree and see this awesome college you went to. I have a strong feeling the only thing you graduated from was club Nintendo, though.

Still, the main turn-off for me regarding the N64 was the fact that it was mostly 3D. I couldn't stand 3D graphics at the time, and was definitely a 2D purist in this era. This is also why I loved the PSX at the time; I was able to get all my Capcom/SNK ports as well as great RPGs that were 2D, no less.

To reiterate: I'm not saying the N64 is bad. I was just so underwhelmed by the system. There's probably 3 or 4 games I like on it. That's a small handful in comparison with the 50+ I loved on the SNES. It really is a shame they didn't get the third party support they had back in the day. I remember getting so fucking pumped and hyped for the "Project Reality/Ultra 64" that I would have dreams about all the awesome games on it.

Somebody brought up the Dreamcast, and man, what an awesome system. I never thought about it, but I would definitely say that them killing the system off is definitely a disappointment for me. I wouldn't say more than the actual N64, but man did it suck when Sega stopped supporting the DC..