What are the best Horror/Comedies?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Also, Is kevin smith's "Tusk" any good?

No. Although it's much better than his follow-up, Yoga Hosers. It's sad what's become of Kevin Smith. Maybe one day he'll find his Split and make a Shyamalan-esque comeback.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
No. Although it's much better than his follow-up, Yoga Hosers. It's sad what's become of Kevin Smith. Maybe one day he'll find his Split and make a Shyamalan-esque comeback.

There's a Jay and Silent Bob reboot plus the never ending rumblings of Clerks 3 ... I think he's pretty much done and living in the past. Oh well. I still hold the original Clerks and Mall Rats as definitive 90s movies of my teenage years.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Silent Night Deadly Night 2,only because for this scene :rolleyes:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Not an intentional comedy, but I'd urge everyone to watch Troll 2.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Also, Is kevin smith's "Tusk" any good?
The sheer WTF-ness of Tusk is kind of compelling, and the climactic fight scene with Fleetwood Mac playing is pretty sweet, but it's not actually "good" in any normal sense of the word.

There's a Jay and Silent Bob reboot plus the never ending rumblings of Clerks 3 ... I think he's pretty much done and living in the past. Oh well. I still hold the original Clerks and Mall Rats as definitive 90s movies of my teenage years.
I sort of liked Red State, but man Kevin Smith got weird. Seems mostly content to get roles for his daughter in his friends' movies now.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I remember dead snow was hilarious. I haven’t seen the sequel, but it’s supposed to be better.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Tusk is fantastic. It's the funniest horror movie I've seen. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I sort of liked Red State, but man Kevin Smith got weird. Seems mostly content to get roles for his daughter in his friends' movies now.

I couldn't get through it. I felt KS was trying to make a move to be a B-movie/cult movie director since his comedies weren't as funny and cutting edge anymore.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not an intentional comedy, but I'd urge everyone to watch Troll 2.

Troll 2 is amazing. Claudio Fragasso has some pearlers under his belt, that’s for sure. Z-grade acting and script, shitty effects, stock footage, yet I can’t look away. Bruno Mattei is another favourite. The Italians made shit that was unintentionally hilarious!

Tusk was bad though, really bad...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Italians made shit that was unintentionally hilarious!

Yeah, like Fulci's/Fragasso's Zombie 3, unintentionally funny as f00k, it's one of our must-see movies on Halloween.

Tobe Hooper's The Fun House from 1981 also is a trash gem.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
For US, i like Zombieland & Slither. Tales From the Crypt/Darkside

Hong Kong
Mr. Vampire - one of my favs, great horror/comedy/kung fu w/ hopping vampires
Spooky Encounter of the Third Kind - Sammo really shines w/ in this supernatural fu fest.

Japanese
One Cut of the Dead - This was genuinely an awesome movie. I dont want to spoil it so just watch it. Such a feel good funny movie!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Underwater zombies that attack sharks are the best thing to happen to mankind. No lie, its pretty fucking mesmerising

Edit

Seriously beautiful. That music

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead was pretty amusing, too.

The first one was played up as straight horror and was unintentionally funny. This one is more self aware.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Several great choices on here (Brain Dead/Dead Alive, Re-Animator, Shaun of the Dead, Tucker and Dale). Whoever mentioned Ready or Not, I would agree as well.

Couple others to second/mention:

Slither (early James Gunn movie w/Rooker, Nathan Fillion and Elizabeth Banks)
Deathgasm (Kiwi metalheads accidentally turn their town in to zombies, murder rampage ensues)
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (not scary but good wholesome fun with classic monsters... perfect for kids)
American Werewolf in London
Evil Dead 2 (the king)

Edit: Tusk is trash.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, like Fulci's/Fragasso's Zombie 3, unintentionally funny as f00k, it's one of our must-see movies on Halloween.

I can’t recall the backstory on this one but i think it’s Fulci coming in to clean up the mess Fragasso made. It certainly doesn’t feel like a Fulci movie. That flying head and those birds seem far too low-brow even by Fulci’s standards. I don’t think I’ve ever seen After Death or Killing Birds, Zombie 4 and 5 respectively, but I’m sure they’re equally in the “so bad, it’s good” field.

Bubba Ho-Tep

Glad to see this mentioned again. Mr. Chin Campbell in fine form as an Elvis impersonator with a black man who claims to be JFK fight an Aztec mummy demon. Great stuff!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is this a horror comedy?
Is it any good?

The idea is so bizarre that I can't imagine it not having a comedic element.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The movie is horrible, but I like me some Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV show).

It's not strictly horror so much as just supernatural in general, but there are some definite straight up horror episodes too.

Part superhero show, part horror, part comedy, part teen drama.