C.mon stop talkin about your sticks...

j.k

I finally got a pair of Neo hori-s a bit back. i LOVE them

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Love that this thread popped up again. I currently have:

2 Qanba Q1s fully sanwa'd
2 Injustice sticks with mirrored plexi, and installed sanwa switches and spring.
Hori XB360 VX
2 MK Klassic sticks
2 generic PS2/Xbox/GameCube sticks that are getting modded soon.

I'd love to consolidate to just two sticks that handle everything, but I don't have the technical knowledge to pull that off.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Finished up my two PS3 sticks. They came out great.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Used Injustice fight stick bases, added in 2lb springs to the joysticks, added in clear Korean buttons with sanwa micro switches, clear ball tops and mirrored plexi from tek innovations.

Loving them.

actionking

n00b
My little collection

NG/Supergun
Neo Geo Stick x2
self made stick for my supergun

PS2:
Namco Arcade Stick x2 (one full Sanwa, one full Seimitsu modded)
Garou NG Stick 2

360:
Mushihime-Sama HRAP (buttons changed to Seimitsu ones)
Otomedius HRAP

PS3:
MC Soul Calibur TE
Fighting Stick V3

PCE/SFC/MD:
Fighting Stick Multi
JB King

Saturn:
Fighter Stick Zero 2

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Horrendous Tank stick, what the hell did I know :lolz:

Street Fighter Anniversary Edition Arcade Stick

Sega Saturn Virtua stick .

Brand new Sega Green goblin:

Second one modded:

Madcatz Streetfighter II stick :

Hrap seimitsu parts:

And a custom build arcade stick with light wiz buttons, hap sticks , 4 way stick, trackball and spinner :lolz:

Have used it once on PC when I was still dreaming of a mame arcade cab and slipped it right back in the box around 5 years ago .
Here's a little vid of its bigger brother :

http://vimeo.com/852467

Disco baby !

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
@Tardis - did you do a thread on the build of those sticks? Would like to see it.

I have a couple of those sticks buy they are so flimsy (light) feeling - were you able to make it sturdier / solid?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Qanba Q3's:

8vE6fsB.jpg

dlJXsBs.jpg

cAkDxeS.jpg

All wood case, piano black finish. I have 2 fighter sticks, and 1 shmup/neo-geo style layout. The fighters naturally have sanwa parts in 'em (JLF etc.), while the shmup stick is rocking seimitsu stuff (LS-58-01).
All 3 have PS360+'s unfortunately (I say unfortunately because the retro system support on the PS360+'s are currently faulty. Akishop is working on fixes for their next firmware release, but it has taken them a long time to realize they should have fixed 'em a while ago).

I still need to print the art for the shump stick...

spoonz

Quiz Detective
I presently own a HRAP3, a Hori Tekken 6 wireless stick (360) and I have a old Hori Tekken 5 stick from the collection there was some years ago.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
@Tardis - did you do a thread on the build of those sticks? Would like to see it.

I have a couple of those sticks buy they are so flimsy (light) feeling - were you able to make it sturdier / solid?

I didn't do a step by step build. If you need I can do a little write up. It's still not the heaviest stick in the world , but I really like that. What felt cheap to me was the qanba knock off buttons and the wonky spring.

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
Qanba Q3's:

cAkDxeS.jpg

All wood case, piano black finish. I have 2 fighter sticks, and 1 shmup/neo-geo style layout. The fighters naturally have sanwa parts in 'em (JLF etc.), while the shmup stick is rocking seimitsu stuff (LS-58-01).
All 3 have PS360+'s unfortunately (I say unfortunately because the retro system support on the PS360+'s are currently faulty. Akishop is working on fixes for their next firmware release, but it has taken them a long time to realize they should have fixed 'em a while ago).

I still need to print the art for the shump stick...

The art on that Blanka stick is really awesome.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I didn't do a step by step build. If you need I can do a little write up. It's still not the heaviest stick in the world , but I really like that. What felt cheap to me was the qanba knock off buttons and the wonky spring.

I'd read this. I have several PS3/360/DC sticks already but would like to build a couple in preparation for impending CMVS/Supergun love from JNX.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
The art on that Blanka stick is really awesome.
Thanks! I threw it together quickly and it turned out better than I figured it would. I would like to clean the image up a bit more, but I haven't had the time. Perhaps later.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
And a custom build arcade stick with light wiz buttons, hap sticks , 4 way stick, trackball and spinner :lolz:

Have used it once on PC when I was still dreaming of a mame arcade cab and slipped it right back in the box around 5 years ago .
Here's a little vid of its bigger brother :

http://vimeo.com/852467

Disco baby !

Damn this one right here. I think i'm in love :)

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
All my sticks

IMG_20140810_122206.jpg

IMG_20140810_122011.jpg

IMG_20140209_190943.jpg

IMG_20140810_122600.jpg

My main stick that I use almost exclusively. 360 Hori VLX w/GameFinger HBFS-30 G2s and Kowal 1mm oversized actuator. Stick is dual modded with the VLX Kitty.

IMG_20140810_122530.jpg

My old main stick. Stock PS3 Hori VLX.

IMG_20140810_122755.jpg

My first "next-gen" stick. 360 Madcatz TE modded with Seimitsu LS-32 and Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons.

IMG_20140810_122636.jpg

My first modded stick ever, "the old beater." PS2 Hori Tekken 5 Stick with a Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT and Sanwa OBSF buttons.

IMG_20140810_122831.jpg

Unused Wii Madcatz Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stick modded with Seimitsu LS-32 and Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons.

IMG_20140810_131108.jpg

Unused stock PS2 Hori Tekken 5 stick.

IMG_20140218_104912.jpg

IMG_20140810_132824.jpg

Unused XBONE Killer Instinct Madcatz TE2 Stick w/Kowal 1mm oversized actuator.

I also have a sealed 360 Street Fighter X Sanrio Madcatz, a beater 360 Seimitsu modded Madcatz SE stick, and another slightly used stock PS2 Hori Tekken 5 stick.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Ive had many sticks over the years. But my favorite is the Hori t5 stick. I like the button layout and size/weight of the stick. Customized this with a LS40, GNC buttons and plexi. Need to throw and multi console pcb in there. But for now I just game...

Boat200

New Challenger
I'm looking to build a stick with a buddy who does wood work (Inspired by the Analogue). I'm debating about the size and button layout. Anyone have precise diagrams/templates (spacing, etc...) that could help us? Also, best US supplier for original parts used in Neo arcade cabs?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I'm looking to build a stick with a buddy who does wood work (Inspired by the Analogue). I'm debating about the size and button layout. Anyone have precise diagrams/templates (spacing, etc...) that could help us? Also, best US supplier for original parts used in Neo arcade cabs?

You can find the diagrams/layouts here.
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html

As for parts, the only american part seller i know is http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/ They are based in Hawaii. I used to get my parts from Lizardlick but went out of business or ran out of business...Also http://na.suzohapp.com/